Easter - ABC Style

there have been people who said "Bah Humbug" to Christmas for centuries...that is nothing new. WHen Scrooge did it, do you think that the Cratchit family stopped celebrating Christmas? Why do you think that in a multicultural society some people feel compelled to shove THEIR religious beliefs down other people's throats?

How many times have we heard about a looney lib freaking out over a Christmas tree in a school or library?

It happens every year and will happen this year

so what? what does that have to do with Christmas? Why does there NEED to be Christian religious icons in public places paid for by the tax dollars of Christians and non-Christians alike?

Why isn't the Christmas tree in your living room ample?

The combat called Christmas

Last year, in John Gibson's book, ''The War on Christmas,'' he discussed a growing cross-country counter culture (represented in every stratum of our society) that is on a mission to bring down the Christian-version of Christmas.

Notable evidence included the following:

In Rhode Island, local officials barred Christians from joining others in decorating the City Hall's lawn.

Arizona school officials declared it unconstitutional for a student to cite any references to the Christian history of Christmas in a class project.

A New Jersey school banned traditional Christmas carols, even instrumental renditions.

In Illinois, state government workers were prohibited from exclaiming ''Merry Christmas'' at work.
WND reported on this warfare as far back as 2002.

This year we see even more confirmation of this Christmas-culture war, particularly being led by its strongest advocate, the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union).

The ACLU has been true to form this December in opposing any and all Christian practices and symbols in public arenas and elsewhere.

So far this season it has already muscled the city council in Berkley, Mich. to move a Christmas nativity off public property.

The ACLU also sued the Wilson County School System outside of Nashville, Tenn., because its Christmas program included ''Christian themes and songs'' – what the ACLU calls ''unconstitutional and illegal'' acts through which its plaintiffs have ''suffered irreparable damage.''

Alongside its crusade to suppress Christmas, the ACLU of Tennessee also found time to write Cumberland County Mayor Brock Hill to assure the removal from the courthouse sidewalk of a wooden carved statue depicting Moses holding the Ten Commandments.

Just this past week, the ACLU opposed the Winston-Salem City Council's practice of opening its meetings with a prayer referencing Jesus or Christ.

Thankfully, along with the majority of veterans and patriots, I was very pleased to read of the ruling against the ACLU's mission to bring down the cross at the Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial near San Diego.

Religious paralysis was not the Framers' intent

The ACLU tries to justify and hide behind these anti-Christian crusades by saying its motivation is to preserve First Amendment and minority rights.

The first problem is that its not equally protecting the rights of Christians, when they are in the minority. If the ACLU wants to fight for the underdogs, then why not battle for the Christian voice that is being progressively suppressed every Christmas?

The second problem is that they are not preserving First Amendment rights but are perverting the subordinate Establishment Clause (which prevents government from establishing a national religion, like there was in England) and the Free Exercise Clause (which preserves our rights to worship as we want).

Both clauses were intended to safeguard religious liberty, not separate church and state. Nor was their objective to keep religious symbols away from public places! As is often noted, the Framers were seeking to guarantee a freedom of religion, not a freedom from religion.

As Judge Roy Moore concluded in another WND article:

''The issue was addressed 150 years ago when the Senate Judiciary Committee, while considering the Congressional chaplaincy, said, '[The Founders] had no fear or jealousy of religion itself, nor did they wish to see us an irreligious people; they did not intend to prohibit a just expression of religious devotion by the legislators of the nation, even in their public character as legislators; they did not intend to spread over all the public authorities and the whole public action of the nation the dead and revolting spectacle of atheistical apathy.'''
Time to stop ACLU tyranny

The ACLU is not anti-religion, just anti-Christian. By definition, it's the American Civil Liberties Union. By action, it has become the Abolishing Christian Legacy Union.

The ACLU will assure Muslim clerics and imams the right to pray on planes, fight for an atheist's rights to remove a cross, stand beside pro-abortionists, help illegal aliens cross our borders, and establish rights for the sexual deviant by forming the ACLU Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Project, but what is it doing for Christians and Christmas censorship?

While allegedly fighting against the tyranny of the majority, the ACLU itself rules religiously by litigation, lobbying, and supporting counter-culture Christian movements.

So who died and appointed the ACLU as America's religious constitutional watchdog?

Membership for the ACLU is only 500,000. America's population is 300 million. I think it's time that we helped them feel their size!

I suggest the rest of us follow the passion of Thomas Jefferson, who spoke these words that are etched on the very wall of his memorial in Washington, D.C.: "I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

ACLU: Out of touch — out of their minds

The fact is the ACLU is simply out of touch with mainstream America, as demonstrated recently by a group of Texas University students' placement of an ''ACLU Nativity Scene,'' complete with Gary and Joseph (instead of Mary and Joseph) and the three wise men: Lenin, Marx, and Stalin — a ''tribute'' to ACLU founder Roger Baldwin's support of communism.

(Is this display an extreme Texan reaction or a symptom of an underlying wave of a pro-Christmas culture that is tired of being bullied around? I wholeheartedly believe the latter!)

The Alliance Defense Fund (ADF) noted that ''an overwhelming majority of Americans oppose censoring Christmas,'' citing the following national polls:

95 percent of Americans celebrate Christmas (Fox News/Opinion Dynamics, 2005).

90 percent of Americans recognize Christmas as the birthday of Jesus Christ (Gallup, 2000).

88 percent of Americans say it is okay for people to wish others "Merry Christmas" and the majority of Americans are more likely to wish someone they just met "Merry Christmas" rather than "Happy Holidays" (CNN/USA Today/Gallup, 2004).

87 percent of Americans believe nativity scenes should be allowed on public property (Fox News/Opinion Dynamics, 2003).
The ADF also has 930 pro-Christmas attorneys waiting to help any community in need.

''J'' to the rescue!

Thank God for organizations which are fighting against the censoring of Christianity and Christmas, like the ADF, The Thomas More Law Center and The American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ).

The ACLJ has a great ''Christmas Resource Center'' where one can find information sheets on what is permissible in public displays of Christmas and how students can properly express their religious beliefs in school during this Christmas season.

I don't know if it was intentional, but I find it interesting that the only letter distinguishing the acronym of the ACLU and the ACLJ is the letter ''J,'' which stands for ''Justice.''

To me, it also stands for ''Jesus,'' without whom there would be no Christmas at all.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53317

so what? what does that have to do with Christmas? Why does there NEED to be Christian religious icons in public places paid for by the tax dollars of Christians and non-Christians alike?

Why isn't the Christmas tree in your living room ample?

Why do Christmas trees offend liberals?

Why do Christmas trees offend liberals?

they don't offend liberals, they offend some non-Christians.

Why must you feel compelled to put up Christian icons in public places paid for by non-Christian's tax dollars?

would you feel compelled to put up muslim icons with tax dollars?

they don't offend liberals, they offend some non-Christians.

Why must you feel compelled to put up Christian icons in public places paid for by non-Christian's tax dollars?

would you feel compelled to put up muslim icons with tax dollars?

Only abotu 95% of the US celebrates Christmas - so we have to change the holiday to appease those 5%?

When you move to America you should observe the customs or accept them and not complain

Libs want to impose nothing on the 95% and codle the 5%

Only abotu 95% of the US celebrates Christmas - so we have to change the holiday to appease those 5%?

When you move to America you should observe the customs or accept them and not complain

Libs want to impose nothing on the 95% and codle the 5%

again.... there is no creche in my town square...there is no manger scene in my local schools. Nothing about that has caused anyone to change the way they celebrate the birth of Jesus.

Keep religion out of the business of government and keep government out of the practice of religion. That is what separation of church and state really should mean.

again.... there is no creche in my town square...there is no manger scene in my local schools. Nothing about that has caused anyone to change the way they celebrate the birth of Jesus.

Keep religion out of the business of government and keep government out of the practice of religion. That is what separation of church and state really should mean.

Where is the US Constitution does it say no Christmas tree in the town square?

Liberal Larry's Christmas Survival Tips
Four shopping days left until the Winter Solstice, and despite our best efforts to suck every last ounce of joy out of the holiday season there are still some Christians out there who insist on turning Christmas into one big religious hoorah. It’s therefore incumbent upon us as progressives to take whatever steps necessary to not only protect the sacred Wall Between Church and State from such proselytizing fanatics, but our impressionable children from the soft bigotry of Christian imagery.

So before I crawl under the sink for the remainder of the holiday, I’d like to leave you with a few quick tips that will help defend you and yours against the cultural disease known as Christmas.

• When distributing free condoms and gay pride literature outside your local elementary school, educate the little tots abot how the bourgeois concept of “Santa Claus” is merely a construct of the global capitalist plutocracy to exploit the primitive social-psychological consumptive impulses of the sheeplike masses. Oh, and the Easter Bunny killed their mommy.

• You’ll be the life of the holiday party while making a powerful political statement if you whack yourself in the knee with a ballpein hammer and scream like a girl whenever someone mentions “Christmas”.

• Insenstive holiday yard displays are infuriating at best, but their sting is lessened if all cultures are equally represented. As an acknowledgment that we live in a big, multicultural village, demand your neighbors place the severed head of an infidel next to their plastic nativity scenes.

• Progressives have made great strides in silencing the infamous Salvation Army bell ringers, but they still smile and offer you warm wishes for the holiday season. Contact your local chapter of the ACLU to see what can be done to stop them. Nothing cures a case of yuletide cheer like a well-crafted harassment lawsuit.

• For many Americans, Christmas is a time to reunite with family members and loved ones. But for others, it’s just another reminder of their lonely, fruitless existence. That’s not really a tip. It’s just something I needed to get off my chest.

• Christmas isn’t only about Baby Jesus. Refuse to reward carolers with any tofu or soymilk until they honor MARKAZHI POOJ with a recital of the Thiruvembavai . Offer to provide the traditional brightly painted squirrels.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/2006/12/liberal_larrys_.html

cut and paste...cut and paste.... that is really all you ever do RSR...

I am going to tell you this again:

I want to debate YOU... YOUR WORDS... I really don't have any interest in debating all of the neoconservative editorial writers that you can find on the internet.

I want to debate YOU.

If you can't DO that, just say so.

There is no "seperation of Church and State" in the US Constitution

What America needs is seperation of liberalism and state

If it werent for Liberalism, The US of A, might not be as fantastic as you like to imagine.

Yes, racial quotas, union thugs, making people dependent on government, the pyramid scheme known as Social Security. $9 trillion in wealth transfers on thei failed War on Poverty, ever increasing taxes, and tens on milions of lives lost via abortion

Liberalism is a miserable failure

Since when are all Non Christians Liberals ? Those two terms are not synonymous. You havent posted anything that said Liberals are trying to destroy Christmas or Easter. I was trying to find the word liberal in your normal cut and paste rants but could not find anything. AS far as I know they are all Republicans. I know plenty of republicans who are aetheists.

Please provide one shred of proof that Liberals are trying to destroy Easter. You havent provided ANY in this thread. Nothing not one..nada..except of course YOUR opinion. Which is basically shit. We all know you hate liberals, fine. Your point is made. Now can you shut the fuck up about it and move on?

If it is a Holiday - you will find some offended liberals trying to ruin the day for everyone

Since when are all Non Christians Liberals ? Those two terms are not synonymous. You havent posted anything that said Liberals are trying to destroy Christmas or Easter. I was trying to find the word liberal in your normal cut and paste rants but could not find anything. AS far as I know they are all Republicans. I know plenty of republicans who are aetheists.

Since when is the ACLU a conservative group?

Please provide one shred of proof that Liberals are trying to destroy Easter. You havent provided ANY in this thread. Nothing not one..nada..except of course YOUR opinion. Which is basically shit. We all know you hate liberals, fine. Your point is made. Now can you shut the fuck up about it and move on?

Libs are easily offended.........

Chicago Christmas Festival Nixes 'Nativity Story' Ads Over Fears of Offending Non-Christians

CHICAGO — A public Christmas festival is no place for the Christmas story, the city says. Officials have asked organizers of a downtown Christmas festival, the German Christkindlmarket, to reconsider using a movie studio as a sponsor because it is worried ads for its film "The Nativity Story" might offend non-Christians.

New Line Cinema, which said it was dropped, had planned to play a loop of the new film on televisions at the event. The decision had both the studio and a prominent Christian group shaking their heads.

"The last time I checked, the first six letters of Christmas still spell out Christ," said Paul Braoudakis, spokesman for the Barrington, Ill.-based Willow Creek Association, a group of more than 11,000 churches of various denominations. "It's tantamount to celebrating Lincoln's birthday without talking about Abraham Lincoln."

He also said that there is a nativity scene in Daley Plaza — and that some vendors at the festival sell items related to the nativity.

The city does not want to appear to endorse one religion over another, said Cindy Gatziolis, a spokeswoman for the Mayor's Office of Special Events. She acknowledged there is a nativity scene, but also said there will be representations of other faiths, including a Jewish menorah, all put up by private groups. She stressed that the city did not order organizers to drop the studio as a sponsor.

"Our guidance was that this very prominently placed advertisement would not only be insensitive to the many people of different faiths who come to enjoy the market for its food and unique gifts, but also it would be contrary to acceptable advertising standards suggested to the many festivals holding events on Daley Plaza," Jim Law, executive director of the office, said in a statement.

Officials with the German American Chamber of Commerce of the Midwest, which has organized the event for several years, did not immediately return calls for comment. The festival started Thursday.

An executive vice president with New Line Cinema, Christina Kounelias, said the studio's plan to spend $12,000 in Chicago was part of an advertising campaign around the country. Kounelias said that as far as she knew, the Chicago festival was the only instance where the studio was turned down.

Kounelias said she finds it hard to believe that non-Christians who attended something called Christkindlmarket would be surprised or offended by the presence of posters, brochures and other advertisements of the movie.

"One would assume that if (people) were to go to Christkindlmarket, they'd know it is about Christmas," she said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,232239,00.html

cut and paste...cut and paste.... that is really all you ever do RSR...

I am going to tell you this again:

I want to debate YOU... YOUR WORDS... I really don't have any interest in debating all of the neoconservative editorial writers that you can find on the internet.

I want to debate YOU.

If you can't DO that, just say so.

Now you have schools dropping Christmas from the school calendars - calling the Christams break the "Winetr break"

Can't offend those liberals

Now you have schools dropping Christmas from the school calendars - calling the Christams break the "Winetr break"

Can't offend those liberals

how does what a school calls a vacation get in the way of Christians celebrating Christmas?
and why should muslim children get a christmas vacation? why should jewish children get a christmas vacation?

how does what a school calls a vacation get in the way of Christians celebrating Christmas?
and why should muslim children get a christmas vacation? why should jewish children get a christmas vacation?

Oh yes, let the 95% appease the 5%

That is the liberal way of doing things

Forum List

Back