East coast earthquake

banner elk nc.....i couldnt figure out what was going on....i was sitting in the recliner and kept fussing at the dog...i thought he was causing the shaking...by scratching on the back of the recliner

The fault it was centered on is a well known generator of mild to moderate earthquakes. It was very active around a 100 years ago and then as is the nature of things quieted down and, as you all just felt, it decided to wake up today.

banner elk nc.....i couldnt figure out what was going on....i was sitting in the recliner and kept fussing at the dog...i thought he was causing the shaking...by scratching on the back of the recliner

If that was a 5.8, I don't know what the big deal is about quakes.

are CAins just that biga wosses?

How close were you to the epicenter?

If that was a 5.8, I don't know what the big deal is about quakes.

are CAins just that biga wosses?

Interview I just heard with a seismologist said that the ground is just different.
Cali quakes are stronger and more localized while east coast ones tend to radiate out further, thus making it feel milder.

:cool:

I'm feeling an odd sensation, still, in my head and it's screwing with my vision a bit.

Like I'm off center.

Is that normal or am I a bigger freak than I thought?

Not at all man, after it was over my vision was a little blurry and it still felt like i was shaking. My equilibrium was off for a little bit.

Forum List

Back