Early Voting affirmed in Ohio victory for Obama

THIS THREAD IS NOT A CONSPIRACY! It sound like one and it is hard to believe, but the GOP is pulling out all stops in Ohio to suppress legitimate voters.

Agenda driven mods have an agenda.

It's transparent and pathetic.

Maybe someday a lib mod will grow a pair and do something about it.

Oh, wait ... that will just get them fired.

Early Voting has nothing to do with the lame Voter ID GOP supression tactic. It is about giving people the opportunity to vote. The GOP wants to limit that and the people of Ohio need to know that the Repub party is trying to steal their votes!

So, you think the people of Ohio are too damn dumb to vote when the polls are open? Or, do you think that just the Blacks and the poor are too damn dumb to vote without one of you superior Whites helping them out? Were they all in disarray before early voting was established? Are you people really adults?

THIS THREAD IS NOT A CONSPIRACY! It sound like one and it is hard to believe, but the GOP is pulling out all stops in Ohio to suppress legitimate voters.

Sour grapes much???:eusa_whistle:

Sour grapes much???:eusa_whistle:

Not at all, Mudmissile but thanks for your input.

Early Voting has nothing to do with the lame Voter ID GOP supression tactic. It is about giving people the opportunity to vote. The GOP wants to limit that and the people of Ohio need to know that the Repub party is trying to steal their votes!

So, you think the people of Ohio are too damn dumb to vote when the polls are open? Or, do you think that just the Blacks and the poor are too damn dumb to vote without one of you superior Whites helping them out? Were they all in disarray before early voting was established? Are you people really adults?

Why must you only have one day to do it? Imagine you only had ONE DAY to get your driver's license? What the fuck is y'alls goddamn problem with having more than one day? It disenfranchises no one, benefits the community and increases voter participation.

What the hell is the problem with that?!?

Why must you only have one day to do it? Imagine you only had ONE DAY to get your driver's license? What the fuck is y'alls goddamn problem with having more than one day? It disenfranchises no one, benefits the community and increases voter participation.

Why is the GOP trying to block Ohio voters? Why is it important to them? Do they think if poor people only have one day to vote, then maybe they can block public transit or block streets like W did in Florida?

There is no problem with having more than one day. The problem is with your thought process that says Blacks and poor people need those extra days. They don't. They are just as smart as you are, and will vote according to the rules established by the state.

The concept is not to get everyone to vote, the concept is to provide for all those who want to vote. Not voting is just as much a right as the right to vote.

You want the extra days for your teams to beat the bushes for people who you can convince to vote for your candidate. Save your hypocrisy, I know your pea pickin little heart.

There is no problem with having more than one day. The problem is with your thought process that says Blacks and poor people need those extra days. They don't. They are just as smart as you are, and will vote according to the rules established by the state.

The concept is not to get everyone to vote, the concept is to provide for all those who want to vote. Not voting is just as much a right as the right to vote.

You want the extra days for your teams to beat the bushes for people who you can convince to vote for your candidate. Save your hypocrisy, I know your pea pickin little heart.

It wasn't my thought process, but it does make it more possible to disenfranchise voters. Long lines, not enough ballots, etc. this DOES tend to happen more often in poor and minority communities.

And of course the goal is to get more people voting. Having only one day to do it doesn't make sense. Early voting DOES.

My thought process is to get America's dismal voter turnout numbers UP. The more people participating, having a voice, is good for our Democracy.

And of course the goal is to get more people voting. Having only one day to do it doesn't make sense. Early voting DOES.

My thought process is to get America's dismal voter turnout numbers UP. The more people participating, having a voice, is good for our Democracy.

But bad for Republicans. Hence their aggressive pursuit of voter suppression.

Ohio Early Voting Ruling Appealed By John Husted, Deepening Confusion Over Election Laws

If only the GOP could reinstate the Polls Tax, so that poor and disadvantaged voters cannot vote. That would make them happy. Their excuse for Voter ID is "illegal voting" even though there is little or no evidence.

Tell me what the Repub excuse is for limiting early voting, particularly in pro Obama districts. This is one of the reasons the GOP has left a bad taste in my mouth for years. Everyone knows who they govern for. That is the rich and affluent. To Hell with the Poor and Disenfrachised.

I have tried to empathise with the GOP causes, and when I get close to supporting them, they pull something like this. Or they come up with the "47%" remark, the "legitimate rape remark", or they flip positions like their current Pres candidate.

The GOP has finally achieved their long sort after goal. They have nominate a candidate for President that is "Ultra Rich." :clap2:

Ohio gets the most extended time for early voting I think of any state in the nation. Even prior to the 1st Presidential debate they are allowed to vote. I think it's kind of stupid really. No state needs to do early voting for more than 2 weeks prior to an election.

But you're wrong in your assessment: Early voting this year in Ohio favors ROMNEY.

In a remarkable reversal of fortune for President Obama in Ohio, the GOP has closed the huge gap in absentee ballot requests used by early voters that favored the Democrats and the president in 2008, setting up what one state analyst said could be a Mitt Romney blowout on Election Day.

While in 2008, 33 percent of the 1,158,301 absentee ballots went to Democrats and just 19 percent to registered Republicans, a 14-point gap, this year 29 percent are being requested by Democrats and 24 percent by Republicans, a five-point gap.

And in a sign that the enthusiasm of 2008 voters is depressed, just 638,997 absentee ballots have been requested, according to American Majority Action, which culled the statistics together from Ohio college professors who are tracking the state's absentee ballots used for early voting. The group provided Secrets with the details.

Even more dramatic, while the GOP has cut the Democratic advantage in early voting throughout the state, the changes favoring the Republicans in certain counties has been huge. In Franklin County, home to Columbus, for example, a 2008 Democratic advantage of 5 percent is now a 5 percent GOP advantage. In Cuyahoga County, home to Democratic Cleveland, the GOP has shaved six points off the Democrat's 2008 advantage. And in Hamilton County, home to Cincinnati, Republicans have expanded their 2008 advantage to 13 percent.
Ohio shocker: GOP closes early voting gap, boosting Romney | WashingtonExaminer.com

This paints a fairly clear picture that Ohio will be in Romney's column this year--along with Florida--N. Carolina and Virginia--as pollsters have already pulled out of these swing states calling them for Romney.

Suffolk University pollster David Paleologos, whose polls are aggregated into mainstream averages to show where the presidential race stands in the swing states, said he’s finished polling in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia because President Obama has no shot of winning those states.

“I think in places like North Carolina, Virginia and Florida, we’ve already painted those red, we’re not polling any of those states again,” Paleologos said Tuesday night on Fox’s "The O’Reilly Factor." “We’re focusing on the remaining states.”
Pollster pulls out of Fla., NC and Va., says Obama can

There is much more enthusiasm to get Obama out of the Oval office, than to keep him in. And he can take his Vice President with him.

gv101212dAPR20121012064515.jpg

"Barack Obama is the greatest HOAX ever perpetrated on the American population"--Clint Eastwood

Last edited:
If I were an Ohio voter, I would be pretty upset that the GOP is trying to keep me away from the Polls.

I guess the other people in Ohio should not go out in Nov then.. I question absentee voting , A lot of fraud can take place. Seems like it did if Obama is winning.

Idiot liberals calling Ohio before Election Day has even gotten here. You leftists are truly deranged.

In previous years, each Ohio county decided whether to offer voting on the weekend before the election. The state’s Republican leadership, through a combination of legislation and a legal interpretation by Secretary of State Jon Husted, sought to make a statewide change for this year and allow voting that weekend only by military members.

This is patended Voter Suppression! "God Bless the Constitution" and block poor people. The GOP will lose because Ohio voters are beginning to figure out their game.

More crap predictions from the latest in a long string of crap peddlers.

Keep trying.l

Ohio is tightening and some pollsters have abandoned several swing states saying, in effect, Romney has them locked.

The best you can do is put out a first rate asshole in the VP debate.

Your ship is sinking faster than titanic and it even looks like your blatent gerrymandering in Illinois won't work for you....and you call others hypocrits.

FO

Idiot liberals calling Ohio before Election Day has even gotten here. You leftists are truly deranged.

Boy, isn't that the truth. The Obamatitanic hit the romneyryaniceburg and is going down fast.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back