Early Voting affirmed in Ohio victory for Obama

There is no problem with having more than one day. The problem is with your thought process that says Blacks and poor people need those extra days. They don't. They are just as smart as you are, and will vote according to the rules established by the state.

The concept is not to get everyone to vote, the concept is to provide for all those who want to vote. Not voting is just as much a right as the right to vote.

You want the extra days for your teams to beat the bushes for people who you can convince to vote for your candidate. Save your hypocrisy, I know your pea pickin little heart.

It wasn't my thought process, but it does make it more possible to disenfranchise voters. Long lines, not enough ballots, etc. this DOES tend to happen more often in poor and minority communities.

Thats simply because Democrat operatives have a lot of those ballots in the trunks of their cars, all filled out, and ready to drop as needed.

You can protest all you want, but anyone with a working brain knows why you want those extra days.

And of course you have a credible link to all these filled out ballots?

I want the extra days so that more people have the opportunity to vote. It's really that simple. There's no secret agenda and I really don't give a shit what party you're affiliated with, I just want you to vote.

Early voting hurts no one and helps everyone. We've had no particular "type" of person showing up to vote early. We've had old people, young people, people of all races and political affiliations. Even kids with chickenpocks love early voting.

Thats simply because Democrat operatives have a lot of those ballots in the trunks of their cars, all filled out, and ready to drop as needed.

You can protest all you want, but anyone with a working brain knows why you want those extra days.

Negged for blatant dishonesty. You need to apologise to all Ohioans for suggesting such a thing when proof of voter suppression has already been shown. Clearly you are no more than a troll, probably a paid shill for the right.

I just want it said, for the record, that the quote isn't mine, but Erands.

It wasn't my thought process, but it does make it more possible to disenfranchise voters. Long lines, not enough ballots, etc. this DOES tend to happen more often in poor and minority communities.

I want the extra days so that more people have the opportunity to vote. It's really that simple. There's no secret agenda and I really don't give a shit what party you're affiliated with, I just want you to vote.

Early voting hurts no one and helps everyone. We've had no particular "type" of person showing up to vote early. We've had old people, young people, people of all races and political affiliations. Even kids with chickenpocks love early voting.

At what cost? When do you consider how much it costs?

You and I are in the same business. In my county once we add up all the costs to conduct 3 elections this year it will amount to almost $9 per ballot cast.

And that is after almost 4 years of budget cutting, precinct consolidating, etc.

At what cost? When do you consider how much it costs?

You and I are in the same business. In my county once we add up all the costs to conduct 3 elections this year it will amount to almost $9 per ballot cast.

And that is after almost 4 years of budget cutting, precinct consolidating, etc.

What cost? We're open anyway Monday through Friday.

If cost were such a huge concern, we would be 100% Vote by Mail.

CRP has the Ohio spread at 1.7 for Obama.

Overall, Romney is still up.

Things ain't looking so good for the MIB (Obama/Biden...Morons In Black).

CRP has the Ohio spread at 1.7 for Obama.

Overall, Romney is still up.

Things ain't looking so good for the MIB (Obama/Biden...Morons In Black).
well it looking good for conservatives and romney at the moment. I have to admit that

Has Obama already won the election? Take nothing for granted but...

Barack Obama may have already won the presidential election. An NBC/WSJ/Marist poll out Thursday found that nearly 1 in 5 respondents have already cast ballots in Ohio, which began early voting last week. Obama is winning those early voters by a 63%-37% margin; among those who plan to vote on Election Day, Obama is leading, 48%-46%. Ohio is the most important state in presidential politics. It has voted for the winner in every election since 1964. It’s especially important for Mitt Romney. No Republican has ever won the presidency without winning Ohio. And considering that Obama has already locked up the electoral votes of California, New York and Illinois, and is leading in Pennsylvania and Michigan, Romney can’t get to 270 electoral votes without at least one industrial state. As The New York Times put it, “There are few credible paths to the White House for Mitt Romney without winning Ohio.”

If the poll is accurate, Romney is already in a deep hole in Ohio. If he does as well in the next two debates as he did last Thursday, he could win the state; but Obama has votes in the bank, so it’s much easier for him to protect his cushion than it is for Romney to overcome it. If Obama wins the next two debates, or even draws, Romney has no chance in Ohio.

While Romney is now ahead in some polls of Virginia and Florida, Obama’s margin in Ohio has not budged. It’s still six points, according to the NBC/WSJ/Marist poll. General Motors, Ford, Chrysler and Honda all build cars in Ohio, so Obama’s bailout of the auto industry, early in his presidency, built up a lot of good will in the state,

Barack Obama may have already won the presidential election. An NBC/WSJ/Marist poll out Thursday found that nearly 1 in 5 respondents have already cast ballots in Ohio, which began early voting last week. Obama is winning those early voters by a 63%-37% margin; among those who plan to vote on Election Day, Obama is leading, 48%-46%. Ohio is the most important state in presidential politics. It has voted for the winner in every election since 1964. It’s especially important for Mitt Romney. No Republican has ever won the presidency without winning Ohio. And considering that Obama has already locked up the electoral votes of California, New York and Illinois, and is leading in Pennsylvania and Michigan, Romney can’t get to 270 electoral votes without at least one industrial state. As The New York Times put it, “There are few credible paths to the White House for Mitt Romney without winning Ohio.”

If the poll is accurate, Romney is already in a deep hole in Ohio. If he does as well in the next two debates as he did last Thursday, he could win the state; but Obama has votes in the bank, so it’s much easier for him to protect his cushion than it is for Romney to overcome it. If Obama wins the next two debates, or even draws, Romney has no chance in Ohio.

While Romney is now ahead in some polls of Virginia and Florida, Obama’s margin in Ohio has not budged. It’s still six points, according to the NBC/WSJ/Marist poll. General Motors, Ford, Chrysler and Honda all build cars in Ohio, so Obama’s bailout of the auto industry, early in his presidency, built up a lot of good will in the state,

you do realize that Despite the Spin, it is entirely Possible to win the Election with out Ohio right?

that would be a 'no', dumbass, and i think we'd all appreciate it if you'd keep your obama whack-off fantasies to yourself in the future.

Such mature and respectlful discussion from the Romney supporters. Makes those of us who don't like Romney dislike him even more, knowing these are the kinds of "people" he attracts and would represent. Bullies, regressives, smart alecks, etc. JUST like HIM!

man, im a hard core Democrat and these polls are silly.

Its going to be a close race. Im reading AZ could go blue and WI could go red! who the F knows what will happen!

Such mature and respectlful discussion from the Romney supporters. Makes those of us who don't like Romney dislike him even more, knowing these are the kinds of "people" he attracts and would represent. Bullies, regressives, smart alecks, etc. JUST like HIM!
Oh, stuff it.

You're no more respectful than anyone else around here.

PS...Nobody is buying your "independent voter" bullshit, either.

but even if he wins ohio, if he fails to win all four of midwest swing states then he will lose to romney. so romney i hate to say is in stronger position.

you do realize that Despite the Spin, it is entirely Possible to win the Election with out Ohio right?
even if obama wins ohio he won,t win without winning four more swing states

correct me if I am wrong, if Obama wins FL and Ohio, its over for team Romney, correct?

man, im a hard core Democrat and these polls are silly.

Its going to be a close race. Im reading AZ could go blue and WI could go red! who the F knows what will happen!
agree. it going to be close but i hate to admit as a liberal but if obama in a weaker posistion. He has to win ohio and the three other midwest swing states at present. Whether romney can afford to not win ohio if he wins wiscosin.

correct me if I am wrong, if Obama wins FL and Ohio, its over for team Romney, correct?
yes but obama way behind in flordia at the moment sadly. tampa newspaper had him seven points down in a recent poill to romney.

Decker, im from Cocoa Beach FL, or the "I-4 corridor" you hear about, dude, its heavy GOP. Always has been. A new population burst from the Latin communities are changing that but not yet. COmbined the fact south FL will be more or less for Obama, its going to be like 2000, watch out, we could have another supreme court Florida election.

Forum List

Back