Eagles Trade McCoy........

.........to Buffalo Bills for Kiko Alonso..........:ack-1:.

Great trade for my bills! We had the 4th ranked defense in the NFL without Kiko last year, and he's coming off ACL surgery so you never know how good he's going to be moving forward. Now we need to continue to get better on the offensive line.....And get a QB.

This means CJ Spiller probably a goner....He'll probably go to the Jets

This means CJ Spiller probably a goner....He'll probably go to the Jets

Isn't he injury-prone?

I don't know if I would necessarily call him injury prone. Last year he had a shoulder injury that had him out half the year, but aside for that he's been able to stay pretty healthy. He is an explosive back, has real jets and is pretty good receiver as well. His problem is he's not a good blocker and isn't work horse type of back that you can hand the ball off to 25 times a game.

So, is Rex Ryan going to be running an offense that fits McCoy like Chip did? Makes no sense.

Ironic if the Eagles sign Spiller, who would IMO work really well in that offense. He runs like a cheetah, and he has good ball catching skills.

Kiko Alonso was just rookie of the year two years ago.

Does not make sense based on what type of offense Rex runs.

So, is Rex Ryan going to be running an offense that fits McCoy like Chip did? Makes no sense.

Ironic if the Eagles sign Spiller, who would IMO work really well in that offense. He runs like a cheetah, and he has good ball catching skills.

Sheldon Richardson won defensive rookie of the year two years ago, Kiko finished second in the voting.

Sheldon Richardson won defensive rookie of the year two years ago, Kiko finished second in the voting.

My mistake. Nevertheless, he came pretty close. I guess with Greg Roman calling the plays, it may work. A lot of dollars against the cap. Good RB though.

Great trade for my bills! We had the 4th ranked defense in the NFL without Kiko last year, and he's coming off ACL surgery so you never know how good he's going to be moving forward. Now we need to continue to get better on the offensive line.....And get a QB.

Doubt you'll land a good Q-back as the pickings are thin in the off season market.

Doubt you'll land a good Q-back as the pickings are thin in the off season market.

I have a feeling we will wind up with Sanchez.

Just found out the bills got Matt Cassel. I don't know anything about him. Is he good?

Just found out the bills got Matt Cassel. I don't know anything about him. Is he good?

You could've done worse. Probably better as a back-up then a starter. Might fit Rex Ryans system as he won't be called on to throw alot. 'Shady' McCoy is pissed about the trade and it'll be interesting to see if he adjusts.

You could've done worse. Probably better as a back-up then a starter. Might fit Rex Ryans system as he won't be called on to throw alot. 'Shady' McCoy is pissed about the trade and it'll be interesting to see if he adjusts.

Yeah Rex is all but ground-n-pound. I can understand why shady is disappointed. I read he grew up in Pennsylvania and dreamed of only playing for the eagles. I hope he comes around. Most guys don't get excited about playing in Buffalo, but when they get here they get treated like gods by the fans and then they end up liking it.

McCoy is a damn good back, but he's an elusive type rather than a between the tackles guy. Considering the coaching now in Buffalo with Ryan and Roman as OC, I would have thought another back would be a better fit.

Maybe they won't lean entirely on McCoy but will do more of a RBBC with Jackson and Dixon, but I get the feeling McCoy won't be happy with a time split.

Forum List

Back