Eagles trade Bradford to the Vikings for a 1st Round Draft Pick

This HAS to be very confusing for Viking's fans. I don't have any faith Bradford can stay healthy. As the years roll by he IS getting older and slower. In his 6 years Sam has fumbled the ball 33 times. Learning a brand new playbook with one week til game time will probably NOT reverse that trend.

Bradford may not start week 1.

This HAS to be very confusing for Viking's fans. I don't have any faith Bradford can stay healthy. As the years roll by he IS getting older and slower. In his 6 years Sam has fumbled the ball 33 times. Learning a brand new playbook with one week til game time will probably NOT reverse that trend.

Why would you possibly think that would happen?

He doesn't know the playbook. There is talk in Minnesota of him starting on week 2.

Bradford has never been on a team that is as good as this one.

And he won't be running that weird offense Chip Kelly runs. He'll be running a conventional, run-first offense where he won't be the focal point.

Last edited:
What you can expect is an average quarterback that doesn't really have any special play making abilities. If he gets time he will be an efficient quarterback that maybe breaks top 15 in the league. He'll have numbers that look impressive but are deceiving because they came mostly on safe plays. Thats Sam Bradford. If he can stay healthy then he's the best you could've gotten to fill in this year. I was excited for this season with him only because he's 2 years removed from the knee and he's not in a read option system anymore. But we all knew he was just gonna be keeping the seat warm for wentz so this really isn't a loss as far as I'm concerned. I'm totally ready to lose a ton of games this year and maybe see wentz come in around week 12 or so to get his feet wet and prepare for his first full season as starter in 2017

Totally agree! With our schedule this year, winning 7 games will be the max.

Goodbye, 'Snowflake' Sam...........:smoke:.

He doesn't know the playbook. There is talk in Minnesota of him starting on week 2.

And he won't be running that weird offense Chip Kelly runs. He'll be running a conventional, run-first offense where he won't be the focal point.
He's a veteran NFL QB. I highly doubt they gave up what they did just to sit him the first game. But we'll see

He's a veteran NFL QB. I highly doubt they gave up what they did just to sit him the first game. But we'll see

Toro is right......word is, they're sitting him game 1.

I think that's stupid. They're just gonna play it safe with hill anyway. And he's got shurmur there so it's not like he would just be going in blind

Word is also that wentz is starting if he's healthy, but I don't believe that either

I think that's stupid. They're just gonna play it safe with hill anyway. And he's got shurmur there so it's not like he would just be going in blind

Still, it is valuable news if you're putting the Vikings in a parlay week 1.

Wentz is the starting QB for the Eagles this week.

Looks like Goff will be the first number one pick since JaMarcus to not start week one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I was against this but I read a lot of comments from people that made really good points and it changed my mind. We were gonna be calling for the kid in probably only a few weeks at the most anyway after Daniel lost a couple games so if the team is 100% positive his ribs are healthy then let the kid play. He's got 3 ex NFL Qb's on his coaching staff that know a hell of a lot more about what's going then any of us do. if they think he's ready for this challenge then I'm on board

Word is also that wentz is starting if he's healthy, but I don't believe that either
Well, you better believe it, because the Eagles' head coach Doug Pederson announced Wentz will be starting next Sunday.

As a Vikings fan, I'm glad they did this deal.

But I'd also be ecstatic if I were an Eagles fan. They get their 2017 #1 pick back for a QB who might not have been the starter at the end of the year.

Forum List

Back