E-Cigarettes anyone?

I had slightly elevated blood pressure when I was smoking. It's back to normal now. My doctor recommended them to all smokers.

I use a Joye Ego battery with a bigger tank and a dual coil heater. I forget who makes it. The dual coil V-3 clearomizers are good to. Each clearomizee is only $6.00 and you can replace the coils.

E-cigarettes have vastly improved in just a couple of years.

I'm loving the ProVari with the Kanger Pro Tank 2.
I still like the Vission Spinner with the VapeOnly CE5-S. But the ProVari is insane.

I'm sort of in a quandary over e-cigs. Not sure what to do. I have a kit but then shortly after buying it I saw an article where FDA has announced the dangers in e-cigs. I'm sort of feeling like you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Maybe once I can get through this three-month ordeal I've been going through I can give another shot at cold turkey.

Electronic Cigarette Dangers and Side Effects

I'm sort of in a quandary over e-cigs. Not sure what to do. I have a kit but then shortly after buying it I saw an article where FDA has announced the dangers in e-cigs. I'm sort of feeling like you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Maybe once I can get through this three-month ordeal I've been going through I can give another shot at cold turkey.

Read this,it'll make you feel better.
http://publichealth.drexel.edu/~/media/files/publichealth/ms08.pdf

Most of the studies I've read never tell you anything concrete. It's always innuendo.
When you compare whats in the two,it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that there are far fewer toxic chemicals in an e-cig.
And I know I feel a lot better.

Sorta like people asking if using patches and/or drugs to quit was dangerous.

Its smoking cigarettes that's dangerous.

Seems to me that it really does help you quit, is cheaper and doesn't stink, go for it.

We had to have our furnace repaired and our house stunk for hours after he left. Our housecleaning woman stinks. Sometimes she brings her little 8yo boy and he stinks. The other day, I leaned into her car and actually got dizzy from the smoke.

I am SO glad I quit. It was harder than anything I ever did but more than worth it.

Quitting is the only way to go. They used to use nicotine as an insecticide. Ingesting poison and pretending everything is fine is foolish.

I had slightly elevated blood pressure when I was smoking. It's back to normal now. My doctor recommended them to all smokers.

I use a Joye Ego battery with a bigger tank and a dual coil heater. I forget who makes it. The dual coil V-3 clearomizers are good to. Each clearomizee is only $6.00 and you can replace the coils.

I still like the Vission Spinner with the VapeOnly CE5-S. But the ProVari is insane.

I have a Kanger but it never worked right for me. I'll have to look into theProVari.

Quitting is the only way to go. They used to use nicotine as an insecticide. Ingesting poison and pretending everything is fine is foolish.

Nicotine is no more dangerous then caffeine in the amounts you inhale.
Do you know that water will kill you if you drink to much of it?

Strange but True: Drinking Too Much Water Can Kill: Scientific American

Marijuana is a harmless plant!

You can't overcome liberal insanity. Which is why we end up with nonsense laws to begin with.

I have a Kanger but it never worked right for me. I'll have to look into theProVari.

I've got three ProTank twos and they work great. They did have some problems with them in the past from what I've read. You might want to give em another try.

Mine aren't that old.

I'm pretty satisfied with what I have anyway.

In a while they'll all be replaced by something better.

This is my plan as well. Cold turkey. Again.

One day, someone said to me that I should quit quitting.

We fail because we believe we will.

e-cigarettes are dangerous because they have bad marketing!

I have been vaping for two years. Yes there are side effects, lower blood pressure, that little nagging cough is gone, there's no yellow film over anything and my house or my person doesn't smell like stale cigarettes.

Those are some really dangerous side effects. I don't know where the FDA gets their information from. It might be mayor bloomberg. His big gripe is that stupid people might be confused as to what's a cigarette and what's an e-cigarette.

The big mistake was in the beginning when these were called e-cigarettes. They should have been called exactly what they are, vaporizers.

As a longtime smoker I have to say these things are a God send.
After trying everything from Chantix to hypnosis with no success I decided to try the E-Cig.
It's almost been two weeks and I've gone from two packs a day to less then a pack in eleven days. And with the ability to purchase E-liquids with your choice of nicotine levels,it makes it much easier to ween yourself from your dependency on nicotine.
I no longer cough every morning. My sense of smell is coming back(and God does my truck stink) So far it's been a win,win.
The cost is another benefit. I went from over $260 a month to around $30 a month. Obviously this is an estimate since I haven't hit the one month mark,but it seems to be a pretty standard average and it fits with my current use of E-liquids.

Not to mention they have some pretty tasty flavors available :eusa_drool:

So any other success stories out there using E-cigs?

I want nothing to do with them. I hope they really are better than cigarettes and that they help people to quit or at least get rid of all the tar in their lungs. I quit smoking more than two years ago. I quit cold turkey after smoking for more than 30 years. It really wasn't that hard; I just wanted to stop.

Quitting cold turkey is really easier than people think. The trick is to envision yourself as a non-smoker, not an ex-smoker. Ex-smokers just try not to smoke while non-smokers don't even think about smoking because it would affect their lives negatively. When I quit smoking, I started working out an running. While it was not easy in the beginning, I could not have done it had I continued smoking. In now run 20 miles per week. On Thanksgiving, I finished fourth out of 80 in the 5k I ran. I smoked for over 30 years, and now I would never go back, just because it would have such a negative affect on everything new that I can now do.

While it does seem that it was pretty easy, I still had a tough time for a while. I did fine for the first few days, then hit a hard time, then it got easier. From previous attempts, I knew that around day ten I would hit a brick wall. I had tried quitting a number of times in the past and every time I got to day ten, I found myself wanting a cigarette so bad. I would think to myself that if I just had one, I would be okay. Well, having just that one set me back to starting over, because instead of smoking just one, I smoked the whole damn pack and I was right back to smoking again. So when I finally did quit, I knew that I had to get past that tenth day, or whatever day it was when I found myself really struggling. It's funny how your mind will play tricks on you. You will find yourself justifying how you can have just one and it will all be okay, but it won't. Anyway, I made it past that tenth day and that really tough struggle and then it got much easier. Soon I was counting weeks, and then months, and then I hit my first year, then second. Now I'm on my third.

Anyway, good luck. I do hope you are successful this time.

e-cigarettes are dangerous because they have bad marketing!

I have been vaping for two years. Yes there are side effects, lower blood pressure, that little nagging cough is gone, there's no yellow film over anything and my house or my person doesn't smell like stale cigarettes.

Those are some really dangerous side effects. I don't know where the FDA gets their information from. It might be mayor bloomberg. His big gripe is that stupid people might be confused as to what's a cigarette and what's an e-cigarette.

The big mistake was in the beginning when these were called e-cigarettes. They should have been called exactly what they are, vaporizers.

Hard to say if there will be any long term effects because they have not been used long enough by anyone to really have any kind of track record, but no matter what, they have to be better than smoking tobacco. Personally, I encourage smokers to quit completely, because I have seen all the benefits of quitting completely.

Partly because herewegoagain's suggestion that Kanger was good, I got a Kanger dual coil protank 3 and let them sell me variable voltage battery. Wooo Hoo. That was good. It was also suggested at the store that I get strong flavored zero nic juice. I got menthol and tropical fruit fizz. I can use the zero nic and only my usual when I really want a smoke.

I quit cigarettes once for six years. After not seeing one single benefit after six years. I chucked it and went back to my enjoyable two plus pack a day.

Forum List

Back