E-Cigarettes anyone?

My understanding of E-Cigarettes is they enable the ingestion of nicotine via vapor rather than via tobacco smoke, which is contaminated with a variety of harmful chemicals. So if nicotine is the addictive drug that hooks cigarette smokers can I assume the E-Cigarette user is getting the same level of nicotine fix via vapor delivery as from smoking tobacco? If so, I don't understand how using E-Cigarettes can help to wean away from nicotine craving.

But if getting the nicotine fix via vapor reduces or eliminates lung cancer potential, and if the cost of the E-Cigarette method is substantially less then the cost of smoking tobacco cigarettes, then E-Cigarettes are a good thing even if they don't facilitate quitting altogether.

I should mention I smoked cigarettes for thirty-five years and managed to quit (in 1985) with the aid of Nicorette gum (which delivered nicotine via stomach) and Tootsie-Roll lollipops.

It helps people quit because they can control the level of nicotine. They can wean themselves down.

Absolutely. From the moment I first tried an E-Cig, I immediatly began prefereing it. Quite smoking the moment I got my own. Then, when my batteries died before I got new ones, I just quit the E-cig. I simply didn't care.

Absolutely awesome.

I get a 50ml bottle of 24mg juice for $20.00. Sometimee the company sends me a 10ml bottle of a new flavor for free.

If a smoker wants to try an e-cig before shelling out for a starter kit, try a disposable. Njoy Kings are indistinguishable from cigarettes. It's a great no committment first step. I've heard that Blu is better but the Njoys are not as expensive.

E-cigarettes really do have the potential to put cigarette makers under.

My understanding of E-Cigarettes is they enable the ingestion of nicotine via vapor rather than via tobacco smoke, which is contaminated with a variety of harmful chemicals. So if nicotine is the addictive drug that hooks cigarette smokers can I assume the E-Cigarette user is getting the same level of nicotine fix via vapor delivery as from smoking tobacco? If so, I don't understand how using E-Cigarettes can help to wean away from nicotine craving.

But if getting the nicotine fix via vapor reduces or eliminates lung cancer potential, and if the cost of the E-Cigarette method is substantially less then the cost of smoking tobacco cigarettes, then E-Cigarettes are a good thing even if they don't facilitate quitting altogether.

I should mention I smoked cigarettes for thirty-five years and managed to quit (in 1985) with the aid of Nicorette gum (which delivered nicotine via stomach) and Tootsie-Roll lollipops.

I can explain it. The thing about nicotene is that it locks in alot of behaviors anhd extraneous stuff as well. The triggers become extrodinary. People are even picky about the color of the paper around the filter, like the paper color has any effect at all. It's the color of the pack, the trip to the corner market, buying cartons at the cig store, hanging outside with other smokers, the smell of tobacco in the car, on cloths, etc.

E-cigs eliminate all of these triggers that have built up since like, 16 years old. The addiction transfers to new and few triggers. And the new and few triggers are less firmly ingrained. Then the big on of the smell of tobacco is gone. That is probably the biggest one. Anyone that has smoked and quit knows how quickly the craving appears at the first smell of a cigarrete. As long as you stay away from other smokers, no problem.

And, of course, like you say, even if people keep their E-cig and quit tobacco, it's a good thing. Doctors ask if you smoke tobacco. They don't care about E-cigs or just the nicotene.

Oh your breath won't stink either. No yellow film over anything.

I know people who only use 0% with a strong flavoring. There are hundreds of flavors.

I bought my kit from Cig-Not. Vicky is well known and provides excellent customer service. So, while they are a bit more expensive, it can be worth the quality service the first time. I prefered the extended life 510. Once I got set up, then madvapes or other discount place was fine for supplies.

As a longtime smoker I have to say these things are a God send.
After trying everything from Chantix to hypnosis with no success I decided to try the E-Cig.
It's almost been two weeks and I've gone from two packs a day to less then a pack in eleven days. And with the ability to purchase E-liquids with your choice of nicotine levels,it makes it much easier to ween yourself from your dependency on nicotine.
I no longer cough every morning. My sense of smell is coming back(and God does my truck stink) So far it's been a win,win.
The cost is another benefit. I went from over $260 a month to around $30 a month. Obviously this is an estimate since I haven't hit the one month mark,but it seems to be a pretty standard average and it fits with my current use of E-liquids.

Not to mention they have some pretty tasty flavors available :eusa_drool:

So any other success stories out there using E-cigs?

Quit cigs because of the expense as well, but went back to a pipe. $280/month (about a carton a week,) vs $40/month for a pound of tobacco.

E-Cigs aren't weening yourself from nicotine, they're just changing the delivery method. You do loose the negatives of inhaling burning chemicals so that's good, but they're still so new I'm wary. When they came out with new birth control pills will lower amounts of estrogen and such, not too much later they had class action suits against them for side effects. I can't help but worry E-Cigs will have some side-effect as well.

After trying everything from Chantix to hypnosis with no success I decided to try the E-Cig.
It's almost been two weeks and I've gone from two packs a day to less then a pack in eleven days. And with the ability to purchase E-liquids with your choice of nicotine levels,it makes it much easier to ween yourself from your dependency on nicotine.
I no longer cough every morning. My sense of smell is coming back(and God does my truck stink) So far it's been a win,win.
The cost is another benefit. I went from over $260 a month to around $30 a month. Obviously this is an estimate since I haven't hit the one month mark,but it seems to be a pretty standard average and it fits with my current use of E-liquids.

Quit cigs because of the expense as well, but went back to a pipe. $280/month (about a carton a week,) vs $40/month for a pound of tobacco.

E-Cigs aren't weening yourself from nicotine, they're just changing the delivery method. You do loose the negatives of inhaling burning chemicals so that's good, but they're still so new I'm wary. When they came out with new birth control pills will lower amounts of estrogen and such, not too much later they had class action suits against them for side effects. I can't help but worry E-Cigs will have some side-effect as well.

While there may be some questions still unanswered,every doctor I've spoken to says e-cigs are far better then analog cigs.
And at the risk of repeating myself(for the third time) E-Juice comes in different strengths. From 3.6% nicotine to 0% and everything in between. With the idea being to lower your level periodically until you reach zero.
And I know I feel a whole hell of a lot better in just eleven days. And as far as the price goes? I'm not spending anymore then you are.

Last edited:

I know of a former chronic smoker of tobacco, who stopped using that and is using the E-cigarettes. :clap2:

Yeah, I gotta laugh at cigarette smokers who's reaction to E-cigs is, "there might be something hazardous." Tobaco smoke is the absolute worse. Anything is better. And E-cigs are simply vegitable oil and nicotene.

Let's see.. Tar or oil? Smoke or vapor? Burning or evaporated? Hot or warm? Dry or wet? Smells or doesn't?

Radioactive carcinoges smoke or evaporated vegetable oil?

It's like the choice of putting your hand in a meat grinder or this box over here. Hmmmm....

-------------------

Radioactive tobacco | Department of Nuclear Engineering
"Yet most of the harms caused by tobacco use are due not to tar, but to the use of radioactive fertilizers. Surprisingly, radiation seems to be the most dangerous and important factor behind tobacco lung damage."

I had slightly elevated blood pressure when I was smoking. It's back to normal now. My doctor recommended them to all smokers.

I use a Joye Ego battery with a bigger tank and a dual coil heater. I forget who makes it. The dual coil V-3 clearomizers are good to. Each clearomizee is only $6.00 and you can replace the coils.

E-cigarettes have vastly improved in just a couple of years.

Everything has a side effect. These things may cause some harm, but so do lollipops.

I have an old screwdriver e-cig. 3 years ago it was top of the line, now it's second rate, but I love the looks I get when vaping it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back