Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: I am sorry for the lives I have taken

Yes, it's a no-win situation.

He should not have said anything at all, since he didn't bother during the trial. What I think doesn't really matter though; it's the thoughts of the families and people he directly impacted that really matter.

I mean, if you're gonna complain if he says he's sorry, and you're gonna complain if he doesn't .... then what's the point?

I wasn't complaining. I was stating my thoughts like many others have.

"Saying he's sorry now is nothing more than him wasting air someone else could be using."

--- ?

Why would we not want criminals to be penitent? I don't get that.

If we have no intention of rehabilitating them, why would it matter?

You're actually suggesting contrition has no value?

I'm not suggesting. I'm stating it outright. He is going to be executed. It doesn't matter if he is contrite. Do you think him being sorry will make him less dead?

I mean, if you're gonna complain if he says he's sorry, and you're gonna complain if he doesn't .... then what's the point?

"Saying he's sorry now is nothing more than him wasting air someone else could be using."

--- ?

I'm not suggesting. I'm stating it outright. He is going to be executed. It doesn't matter if he is contrite. Do you think him being sorry will make him less dead?

Certainly not, and I just made that point.

I'm not questioning his statement. I'm questioning why anyone would suggest such a statement is a waste of air. Where's the harm in it?

Those victims aren't coming back, those shattered limbs won't re-grow. He's not in a position to offer much at all. Expressing contrition is about all he can do to offer any comfort.

That of course is too little too late, but why would it be a negative?

I'll return to where I started --- would we prefer he said he's not sorry?

The value of contrition is not for the benefit of Tsarnev, or any other individual. Its value is for the moral code of the human spirit. If we don't have that --- what the hell is left?

--- ?

I'm not questioning his statement. I'm questioning why anyone would suggest such a statement is a waste of air. Where's the harm in it?

Those victims aren't coming back, those shattered limbs won't re-grow. He's not in a position to offer much at all. Expressing contrition is about all he can do to offer any comfort.

The value of contrition is not for the benefit of Tsarnev, or any other individual. Its value is for the moral code of the human spirit. If we don't have that --- what the hell is left?

I didn't say there was any harm in it. I said it didn't matter. I wouldn't prefer he not be sorry. He can be sorry if he likes. I don't care if he is or not.

--- ?

I didn't say there was any harm in it. I said it didn't matter. I wouldn't prefer he not be sorry. He can be sorry if he likes. I don't care if he is or not.

My original point was to Aye who declared it a "waste of air" -- I question why it's a 'waste'.

But since you've taken the position that you'd prefer he not be sorry -- why is that?

My original point was to Aye who declared it a "waste of air" -- I question why it's a 'waste'.

But since you've taken the position that you'd prefer he not be sorry -- why is that?

Read it again. "wouldn't prefer".

Read it again. "wouldn't prefer".

Oopsie. :redface:

But you did say ...

Why so many people wanted him to apologize more sensuously? He's radical Islamist, it would had meant treason of his belief if he throwed his deeds in the towel.

Why so many people wanted him to apologize more sensuously? He's radical Islamist, it would had meant treason of his belief if he throwed his deeds in the towel.
I kinda agree with you. They didn't even need even to interrogate him. Just execute him without trial. His apologies are completely useless since he can't bring his victims back to life.

I kinda agree with you. They didn't even need even to interrogate him. Just execute him without trial. His apologies are completely useless since he can't bring his victims back to life.

Illogical. Apologies aren't supposed to bring victims back to life. They can't.

"Didn't need to interrogate him, just execute him without trial" huh? There goes your credibility... dumbass.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Breaks Silence At Formal Sentencing In Boston
Is he really sorry? I highly doubt it. He is a cold blooded terrorist who committed one of the worst crimes America has ever seen. For some reason he wasn't sorry at the moment he planted those pressure cooker bombs. He surely knows other Islamic terrorists and no way it was the last terrorist attack. There are many Muslims currently living in the US. No one knows how many terrorists are among them.
Just think about it. If he is truly sorry when he is put to death he will go to heaven and hang out with the people that he killed. Actually if some of the people he killed were not Christians they will be burning in hell while he is up in heaven. They didn't have a chance to repent.

I think a small part of us likes to see him s*** in his pants and sorrowful now that he's going to be put to death. I don't know how prison for the rest of your life wasn't enough to make him regret what he did but maybe there's a big Muslim population in prison and you get to watch TV and have friends and make phone calls and play basketball and lift weights. some prisoners don't even mind prison

Is he really sorry? I highly doubt it. He is a cold blooded terrorist who committed one of the worst crimes America has ever seen. For some reason he wasn't sorry at the moment he planted those pressure cooker bombs. He surely knows other Islamic terrorists and no way it was the last terrorist attack. There are many Muslims currently living in the US. No one knows how many terrorists are among them.
Just think about it. If he is truly sorry when he is put to death he will go to heaven and hang out with the people that he killed. Actually if some of the people he killed were not Christians they will be burning in hell while he is up in heaven. They didn't have a chance to repent.

booboo, try to grow a brain

I think a small part of us likes to see him s*** in his pants and sorrowful now that he's going to be put to death. I don't know how prison for the rest of your life wasn't enough to make him regret what he did but maybe there's a big Muslim population in prison and you get to watch TV and have friends and make phone calls and play basketball and lift weights. some prisoners don't even mind prison

you just HAD to post MORE???? ------
-----take a break..... relax----get your mnd
off of it

Can he repent and become a saved Christian and go to heaven? Christians say yes. And who cares what he feels after the fact?

If one of the good people he killed didn't believe in God did they get a get into heaven free card for being blown up? Not if you believe Christianity.

This is why I point such ridiculous beliefs.

I'm sure too he was in some part indoctrinated by being told his Muslim God would approve. I'm glad your master or preacher isn't teaching you to do bad for your God, or does he? He may not be telling you to chop people's heads off but your guide sure has you exactly spouting off your opinions which are wrong too by the way

It's easy for a guy who's living in the hell to be sorry for what you did. But there are many many Christians in prison who were Christians when they went in and hey I guess if the delusion makes them a better person who am I to get in the way of that. My problem is when that delusion gets people to act badly

Can he repent and become a saved Christian and go to heaven? Christians say yes. And who cares what he feels after the fact?

If one of the good people he killed didn't believe in God did they get a get into heaven free card for being blown up? Not if you believe Christianity.

I'm sure too he was in some part indoctrinated by being told his Muslim God would approve. I'm glad your master or preacher isn't teaching you to do bad for your God, or does he? He may not be telling you to chop people's heads off but your guide sure has you exactly spouting off your opinions which are wrong too by the way

I am fascinated-----which of my opinions in YOUR
exalted 'opinion' are "wrong"??? ----my mentor often has me do "wrong". Just recently
he told me to try to remember where I put things----
especially his stuff. I consider his demands tantamount to WAR CRIMES

exalted 'opinion' are "wrong"??? ----my mentor often has me do "wrong". Just recently
Are you anti abortion? Then you are wrong. Are you anti gay because of this God? Then you are wrong. If you vote Republican because of this guide then you are a brainwashed fool

Hey the guy said he's sorry. Your job as a Christian is to forgive him. Then let him and God figure it out after he's gone. In fact if you really forgive him when you let him out?

Are you anti abortion? Then you are wrong. Are you anti gay because of this God? Then you are wrong. If you vote Republican because of this guide then you are a brainwashed fool

I am by no means PRO-ABORTION----but I did volunteer work as a student in the 1970s for planned parenthood------I am anti abortion and PRO CHOICE-------btw----myob. I have nothing against Gays but I am glad that my son is not. .
I have never voted republican in my life-----when
Kerry ran-----I, simply, did not vote -----btw----I am not entirely thrilled with the gay marriage
rights-------there is something not to my liking-----what will stop people from GROUP marriage ----or
incestuous marriage?

Forum List

Back