Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson wants to be the next James Bond!

🤷‍♂️
I think The Rock would be a great Bond. I’d watch it.

Last edited:
Why? Just cause he’s big doesn’t mean he’s dumb
We're talking about a fictional character. He doesn't fit that character. Lots and lots of other characters he is perfect for. There's a reason why he's not on welfare.

We're talking about a fictional character. He doesn't fit that character. Lots and lots of other characters he is perfect for. There's a reason why he's not on welfare.
I don’t really see much in common between all the actors who’ve played Bond over the years. How does Johnson not fit the character?

He's to old, not a good actor in serious rolls, and to bulky to pass as a spy who can blend in.
Many of the Bond actors have been much older. Or at least they looked much, much older.

Not sure Bond really is a “serious” role. It’s an action/adventure role. Right up Johnson’s alley.

Don’t discriminate against us bulky guys. We can be sneaky.

Many of the Bond actors have been much older. Or at least they looked much, much older.

Not sure Bond really is a “serious” role. It’s an action/adventure role. Right up Johnson’s alley.

Don’t discriminate against us bulky guys. We can be sneaky.
Don't make everything personal.

Britain has always considered the James Bond movies to be the quintessential representative of Britain and thus, in my humble opinion, only someone from the United Kingdom should play that character.
I will go further and say that Bond shouldn't change at all. He should be a "he," heterosexual and Caucasian. Gays, including the guy who in the last few films has said Bond should be gay or bisexual. I say, "hell no." The LGBTQ alphabet needs to leave our "established" characters alone. If they want a gay, lesbian or gender fluid spy, they can create their own and get one of their many British film studios to film it, with funding from various groups.
As for this last film, some rich film enthusiast needs to purchase the rights to James Bond from Barbara Broccoli, have a casting call for a younger version of Daniel Craig (I consider him the best Bond after Sean Connery) and work up a whole new series of Bond films.

Forum List

Back