CDZ Dust Storms or Mud Slides, Which is worse?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
There are two ways the left coast fires can end

In mud slides if rain comes

In dust storms if the fires end when there is no longer fuel.

Since neither happens here in FL I do not have a clue about which is worse tell me what you know about the alternatives if you can.

Dust storms are a rarity in CA, usually the result of plowing dry fields in the Central Valley. Mudslides are a more common occurrence, but more the result of heavy localized rains than fire erosion.

There are two ways the left coast fires can end

In mud slides if rain comes

In dust storms if the fires end when there is no longer fuel.

Since neither happens here in FL I do not have a clue about which is worse tell me what you know about the alternatives if you can.
The real alternative is a new president. As the fires in valleys of scrub brush do not slide when soaked there is not much chance of that. As for dust storms you need to be in Arid zona to get hoobobs,

Dust storms are a rarity in CA, usually the result of plowing dry fields in the Central Valley. Mudslides are a more common occurrence, but more the result of heavy localized rains than fire erosion.

In FL the ocean and Gulf sea breezes tend to meet near I-75 most days. I understand that the sea breeze on the west coast is cold and dry and mostly ends up as slightly more snowpack further east adding very little to the potential water supply. Is that correct?

In FL the ocean and Gulf sea breezes tend to meet near I-75 most days. I understand that the sea breeze on the west coast is cold and dry and mostly ends up as slightly more snowpack further east adding very little to the potential water supply. Is that correct?

Lately, it has been dry winter and wet spring. Snowpack/runoff depends spring temperatures. Since Gov. Brown cancelled new dam construction in the 1970s, there has been a shrinking margin for error. Now he thinks rain cisterns will solve this problem LOL.

Lately, it has been dry winter and wet spring. Snowpack/runoff depends spring temperatures. Since Gov. Brown cancelled new dam construction in the 1970s, there has been a shrinking margin for error. Now he thinks rain cisterns will solve this problem LOL.

Oh poop! At least three civilizations have experienced partial or total collapse due to neglected cistern maintenance and the problems of stagnant water. Then there are the quake caused leakages. Sri Lanka, Crete and a high density farming culture in the four corners here in the US Nat something or other are the usual suspects in arguments about cisterns and catch basins. Then there are the South American examples that are less well known.

Forum List

Back