Dumb Move Mr. President

He's using all the laws on the books to increase illegal immigration enforcement. The simplest way to stop him from interfering with Pot laws at the State level is for congress to remove it from the Drug Schedule.
Then remove it from the drug schedule. The FDA and DEA are executive prerogatives.

He's using all the laws on the books to increase illegal immigration enforcement. The simplest way to stop him from interfering with Pot laws at the State level is for congress to remove it from the Drug Schedule.
Then remove it from the drug schedule. The FDA and DEA are executive prerogatives.

They'd have to lay personnel off if that happened. Actually shrink government. :ack-1:

The Trump administration announced that they would begin strict enforcement of federal marijuana laws, including in states where pot has been legalized by voters.

This is a really stupid move. At the time when Trump is gaining the upper hand on the Soros press and the rent a mob rioters through enforcement of the border and stopping the influx of terrorists, he is likely to squander it all by moving against something the American people have CLEARLY shown they want.

Sean Spicer Says DOJ Will Take Action Against States With Legal Recreational Marijuana

There is literally no upside for the administration in this action. They gain in no conceivable way and only act to undercut the support for the Trump agenda.

This is poorly timed and extremely poorly thought out.
They don't have the officers to enforce it at the federal level, and local cops don't want to anymore....

The Trump administration announced that they would begin strict enforcement of federal marijuana laws, including in states where pot has been legalized by voters.

This is a really stupid move. At the time when Trump is gaining the upper hand on the Soros press and the rent a mob rioters through enforcement of the border and stopping the influx of terrorists, he is likely to squander it all by moving against something the American people have CLEARLY shown they want.

Sean Spicer Says DOJ Will Take Action Against States With Legal Recreational Marijuana

There is literally no upside for the administration in this action. They gain in no conceivable way and only act to undercut the support for the Trump agenda.

I see nothing wrong with recreational Marijuana use and also I strongly support the use of Medical Marijuana for those who need it.

The problem is with other drugs, Smack, Crack, Meth etc and the fundamental problem is the drug dealers, these are issues that need the hardcore treatment not people smoking a bit of weed for recreation.
Hey baby, you do know your street drug names, from the 1980's....But it was crank, not meth then...

I thought there was a law that specifically put Pot on Drug Schedule I. If so, it would take congress to reverse that.

I thought there was a law that specifically put Pot on Drug Schedule I. If so, it would take congress to reverse that.
Nope. It's nearly all administrative bureaucratic action, just like the EPA.

The executive could wipe that all away with a wave of the pen.

Trumpet is proving he is no maverick, no independent..His agenda changes the longer he is and has been in office.....He is being played like a marionette by the true power that runs our nation...

Nope. It's nearly all administrative bureaucratic action, just like the EPA.

The executive could wipe that all away with a wave of the pen.

The law passed in 1970 listed several drugs as part of the law, including Pot. If it were a drug added later by regulation, a regulation could remove it. however I just checked the text of the original act, and Pot is listed. That leaves it to congress to remove it from Schedule 1.

I see nothing wrong with recreational Marijuana use and also I strongly support the use of Medical Marijuana for those who need it.

The problem is with other drugs, Smack, Crack, Meth etc and the fundamental problem is the drug dealers, these are issues that need the hardcore treatment not people smoking a bit of weed for recreation.
Hey baby, you do know your street drug names, from the 1980's....But it was crank, not meth then...

Actually it was reds. :mm: Crank was pulled open reds mixed with strychnine.

Actually it was reds. :mm: Crank was pulled open reds mixed with strychnine.
Ah yes, everyone's favorite pesticide..

The law passed in 1970 listed several drugs as part of the law, including Pot. If it were a drug added later by regulation, a regulation could remove it. however I just checked the text of the original act, and Pot is listed. That leaves it to congress to remove it from Schedule 1.
According to the FDA, scheduling is an administrative function.

"Under the Act, the Secretary of DHHS is charged with evaluating certain medical and scientific factors and making recommendations to the Attorney General as to whether the substance under review should be managed as a controlled substance, or removed from control, and the appropriate level of control. Title II of the Act, now fully incorporated into the CSA, establishes the factors and findings determinative for control. The factors set forth under 21 U.S.C. § 811 allow the Attorney General and, by delegation, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), to schedule a drug if she finds that the drug has a potential for abuse."

Scheduling of Drugs Under the Controlled Substances Act

The executive can direct his minions to do as he wants with the stroke of a pen. Trump could act on this if he wanted.

According to the FDA, scheduling is an administrative function.

"Under the Act, the Secretary of DHHS is charged with evaluating certain medical and scientific factors and making recommendations to the Attorney General as to whether the substance under review should be managed as a controlled substance, or removed from control, and the appropriate level of control. Title II of the Act, now fully incorporated into the CSA, establishes the factors and findings determinative for control. The factors set forth under 21 U.S.C. § 811 allow the Attorney General and, by delegation, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), to schedule a drug if she finds that the drug has a potential for abuse."

Scheduling of Drugs Under the Controlled Substances Act

The executive can direct his minions to do as he wants with the stroke of a pen. Trump could act on this if he wanted.

i think that only applies to new substances that were added to the schedules after the legislation was passed. Pot is specifically listed as a controlled item, and to me that means congress has to amend the law to remove it.

Forum List

Back