Dumb Move Mr. President

Uncensored2008

Libertarian Radical
Feb 8, 2011
Behind the Orange Curtain
The Trump administration announced that they would begin strict enforcement of federal marijuana laws, including in states where pot has been legalized by voters.

This is a really stupid move. At the time when Trump is gaining the upper hand on the Soros press and the rent a mob rioters through enforcement of the border and stopping the influx of terrorists, he is likely to squander it all by moving against something the American people have CLEARLY shown they want.

Sean Spicer Says DOJ Will Take Action Against States With Legal Recreational Marijuana

There is literally no upside for the administration in this action. They gain in no conceivable way and only act to undercut the support for the Trump agenda.

This is poorly timed and extremely poorly thought out.

It's becoming clear to me that the neocons have Trump's ear.

He needs to dispense with Priebus, Spicer, and Conway, then tell Pence to STFU and go play Senate tie breaker.

Well,I think its cool they are enforcing the law. However, weed shouldn't be illegal anyways. Our Founders would start a revolution if they knew our Federal fascists outlawed something that grows in a fucking ditch.
Pence just said yesterday that was again a country for the people by the people etc. Mayeb he should show it. Most people want it legalized. ITS A FUCKING FLOWER

Well,I think its cool they are enforcing the law. However, weed shouldn't be illegal anyways. Our Founders would start a revolution if they knew our Federal fascists outlawed something that grows in a fucking ditch.
Pence just said yesterday that was again a country for the people by the people etc. Mayeb he should show it. Most people want it legalized. ITS A FUCKING FLOWER

One thing I've learned is that the laws are meaningless. Laws those in power don't like they ignore and laws they can't pass they just write EO's for.

The US is a nation of men, not laws.

One thing I've learned is that the laws are meaningless. Laws those in power don't like they ignore and laws they can't pass they just write EO's for.

The US is a nation of men, not laws.
:clap2:

The Trump administration announced that they would begin strict enforcement of federal marijuana laws, including in states where pot has been legalized by voters.

This is a really stupid move. At the time when Trump is gaining the upper hand on the Soros press and the rent a mob rioters through enforcement of the border and stopping the influx of terrorists, he is likely to squander it all by moving against something the American people have CLEARLY shown they want.

Sean Spicer Says DOJ Will Take Action Against States With Legal Recreational Marijuana

There is literally no upside for the administration in this action. They gain in no conceivable way and only act to undercut the support for the Trump agenda.

I see nothing wrong with recreational Marijuana use and also I strongly support the use of Medical Marijuana for those who need it.

The problem is with other drugs, Smack, Crack, Meth etc and the fundamental problem is the drug dealers, these are issues that need the hardcore treatment not people smoking a bit of weed for recreation.

I see nothing wrong with recreational Marijuana use and also I strongly support the use of Medical Marijuana for those who need it.

The problem is with other drugs, Smack, Crack, Meth etc and the fundamental problem is the drug dealers, these are issues that need the hardcore treatment not people smoking a bit of weed for recreation.
The dealers wouldn't exist if those recreational drugs could be bought retail.

Moreover, drugs like crack and meth probably wouldn't even exist at all, were it not for amateur street chemists seeking to pad their profit margins.

When prohibition of alcohol ceased, alcohol related fatalities, accidents and addiction went down. Fact.
Humans like to naturally rebel. Liberty causes responsibility. :thup:

The dealers wouldn't exist if those recreational drugs could be bought retail.

Moreover, drugs like crack and meth probably wouldn't even exist at all, were it not for amateur street chemists seeking to pad their profit margins.

There is pharmaceutical grade cocaine and methamphetamine.

Bad decision on Trump's part. Marijuana should be decriminalized and no federal/taxpayer funds should be used to worry about people smoking/eating pot.

As per the OP link, it doesn't look like there is much to this.

I agree.

Every State legalizing M should tax it and regulate it like they do tobacco and alcohol.

Loads of money to be made for any State doing so.

I have no problem those who smoke M. Big deal.

I think this is one of Trumps few bad moves.

There is pharmaceutical grade cocaine and methamphetamine.

Bad decision on Trump's part. Marijuana should be decriminalized and no federal/taxpayer funds should be used to worry about people smoking/eating pot.

As per the OP link, it doesn't look like there is much to this.
Yes, pharm grade.

However, recreational drugs are far less potent. It's a fact that beer and vine vastly outsell hard liquor. The same would be true were recreational drugs available on a retail basis.[

it puts the onerous back onto congress. Trump is trying to go with a law, order, and responsibility thing, and he is required to enforce laws that are on the books.

To me this is a call out by the Trump Administration to Congress to get it's act together on Recreational and Medicinal Pot. What congress can do is remove Pot from the Schedule, and pass a law making its regulation similar to alcohol.

Trump probably doesn't want to be seen picking and choosing what regulations and laws he enforces. Its the same reason he revoked the "bathroom letter". It's back with the States and/or Congress, where it belongs.

I agree.

Every State legalizing M should tax it and regulate it like they do tobacco and alcohol.

Loads of money to be made for any State doing so.

I have no problem those who smoke M. Big deal.

I think this is one of Trumps few bad moves.

Not so sure. He may just be throwing the issue back to Congress, where it should be. He doesn't get to decide which laws he enforces or not, despite the past 8 years of that happening.

Go to your congresscritter and ask them to sponsor a law removing Pot from the Drug Schedule.

it puts the onerous back onto congress. Trump is trying to go with a law, order, and responsibility thing, and he is required to enforce laws that are on the books.

To me this is a call out by the Trump Administration to Congress to get it's act together on Recreational and Medicinal Pot. What congress can do is remove Pot from the Schedule, and pass a law making its regulation similar to alcohol.

Trump probably doesn't want to be seen picking and choosing what regulations and laws he enforces. Its the same reason he revoked the "bathroom letter". It's back with the States and/or Congress, where it belongs.
Maybe so!

Actually, Trump has full discretion on the focus of feral enforcement. This a losing move for his administration. There is literally no upside to strict enforcement and a huge downside. The Americans people are VERY clear about their view, defying the people is best left to the fascist democrats.

Or maybe he could just point to the 9th and 10th amendments and enforce them, like he's doing with immigration laws.

You know, that "consistency" thing that conservatives claim that they're all about?

Funny how state rights is only important to a Liberal sometimes. This is a states right issue along with anything else not specifically mentioned in the Constitution. Marriage, abortion, and so on.

Actually, Trump has full discretion on the focus of feral enforcement. This a losing move for his administration. There is literally no upside to strict enforcement and a huge downside. The Americans people are VERY clear about their view, defying the people is best left to the fascist democrats.

The upside would be congress acting to return pot regulation back to the States.

Or maybe he could just point to the 9th and 10th amendments and enforce them, like he's doing with immigration laws.

You know, that "consistency" thing that conservatives claim that they're all about?

He's using all the laws on the books to increase illegal immigration enforcement. The simplest way to stop him from interfering with Pot laws at the State level is for congress to remove it from the Drug Schedule.

Forum List

Back