Drug Use in Prison

We had a prisoner come into our ER the other morning who assaulted some people and tried to assault one of our staff. I figured he was an arrestee. When I got fown stairs for the incident report, I saw he was from the jail and was in prisoner clothing.
The guy was high as a kite. I asked how he got drugs in jail and the police, correction officers and nurses all laughed at me.

They call it the "man purse" :eusa_shhh::puke:

I relative of mine had dirty pee while in jail. They isolate you and don't let you have in-person visits when you do. Basically, people pass it to inmates on visiting day and then they barter it around inside.
How hard would it be to have a couple drug sniffing dogs checking visitors? That tells me they condone the drug use.

He was in jail for a year not prison

I relative of mine had dirty pee while in jail. They isolate you and don't let you have in-person visits when you do. Basically, people pass it to inmates on visiting day and then they barter it around inside.
How hard would it be to have a couple drug sniffing dogs checking visitors? That tells me they condone the drug use.

The guards?
That's by far the most common way IMO. Either the guards will bring it in themselves or get paid to look the other way.

A lot of it is prescription stuff people have legit prescriptions for they do slight of hand at the infirmary and then smuggle it back into the block to sell. That happens a lot at jails. Not sure about prisons.

Drug Use in Prison

They need to build a wall to keep the drugs out. :420:

Funny. I’m sure the walls will stop drugs from coming across the border though
It's not meant to stop drugs.

It's meant to stop people

Prison walls do seem to work in that fashion there are not very many escapes.

But Donald's is meant to stop drugs. Did you forget?
Wrong

Agree! Donald is wrong.

Good stuff.

Saw this.

Get Access

We had a prisoner come into our ER the other morning who assaulted some people and tried to assault one of our staff. I figured he was an arrestee. When I got fown stairs for the incident report, I saw he was from the jail and was in prisoner clothing.

The guy was high as a kite. I asked how he got drugs in jail and the police, correction officers and nurses all laughed at me.
Well fortunately you’re used to being laughed at.

Saw this.

Get Access

Well fortunately you’re used to being laughed at.

Thats true. I usually laugh at my self as well.

One reason is leniency by the powers that be. There are very few penalties for being caught with drugs in prison. It used to mean an automatic hole shot which means an extended stay in isolation. This has changed now because many are trying to eliminate the use of isolation as a disciplinary tool. Unfortunately there is little else which can be done to control inmate behavior.

It seems that getting caught with drugs would make a big difference in how soon they get parole. Doing drugs could mean doing years more time?

Jail guards can be bought...

Saw this.

Get Access

They get drugs in prison from visitors bringing it in, Employees bringing it in and sometimes from outside workers collecting drop offs.

or extorted. we had a local case a few years back where some guards were trading female inmates all sorts of things for sex. Of course one of them turned around and sold them down the river once she got out.

Not just that. A friend of mine who used to work as a correctional officer at Mahoning lockup and made nice money in a side hustle pushing drugs to the inmates.

Until he got pinched

You know, I had to do a few weeks in County jail once (got caught with some marijuana), and there were a couple of times that the people in the pod had cigarettes and a joint smuggled in. They had a way to light it by using the television and a paper clip, and blew the smoke down the toilet. They never got caught doing it either. Why? Because we generally knew when the guards were going to come through for a head check, and they would wait until after they had done the evening check.

Forum List

Back