Drug-bashing RI Republican charged with drug use

Cal

Since 2010™
Jan 4, 2010
Right behind you!
On todays edition of kooky Right-Wing hypocrites..

Robert Watson, a high-ranking Republican state legislator in Rhode Island, is in hot water after being charged with driving under the influence of marijuana and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Drug charges alone would be bad enough for a public official, but Watson, Rhode Island's House minority leader, is still remembered for his controversial anti-drug, anti-gay and anti-immigrant remarks.

In February, Watson said the Rhode Island legislature had their priorities right "if you are a Guatemalan gay man who likes to gamble and smokes marijuana."

Watson was a guest on a radio show soon after the luncheon where he made the misstep, and in response to the outcry over his comments said, “I reject the suggestion that it's insulting." He went on to say that lawmakers were "preoccupied with a number of issues, primarily social issues," when Watson thought they should focus on the economy.

[...]

Watson was pulled over at a police checkpoint Friday, East Haven police told the Associated Press. Police noted a "strong odor of marijuana" coming from Watson's car, and charged him with possession and driving under the influence. The lawmaker was released after he promised to appear in court, and has not yet issued a statement.

Drug-bashing RI Republican charged with drug use | The Raw Story

:clap2:.. Way to go man, way to go.

Robert Watson, a high-ranking Republican state legislator in Rhode Island, is in hot water after being charged with driving under the influence of marijuana and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Drug charges alone would be bad enough for a public official, but Watson, Rhode Island's House minority leader, is still remembered for his controversial anti-drug, anti-gay and anti-immigrant remarks.

In February, Watson said the Rhode Island legislature had their priorities right "if you are a Guatemalan gay man who likes to gamble and smokes marijuana."

Watson was a guest on a radio show soon after the luncheon where he made the misstep, and in response to the outcry over his comments said, “I reject the suggestion that it's insulting." He went on to say that lawmakers were "preoccupied with a number of issues, primarily social issues," when Watson thought they should focus on the economy.

[...]

Watson was pulled over at a police checkpoint Friday, East Haven police told the Associated Press. Police noted a "strong odor of marijuana" coming from Watson's car, and charged him with possession and driving under the influence. The lawmaker was released after he promised to appear in court, and has not yet issued a statement.

Kinda reminiscent of the GOP harping against abortions and dead set against any "public option" paying for said abortions all the while enjoying the insurance coverage for abortions themselves....

Typically the people on the highest of high horses are the biggest of hypocrits.

This guy, Gingrich and Edwards babbling about family and values, Limbaugh also when he use to talk everyday about how awful drug users were etc etc.

[...]

Then he needs to pay the price just like anyone else would but that's not going to happen he's a politician and yes he's a hypocrite of which there are no shortage of on both sides.

Holy cow, Unemployment high, gas prices going through the roof, food prices going through the roof, we are about to go BANKRUP as a country and THIS is what is IMPORTANT.

blah yawn.

Holy cow, Unemployment high, gas prices going through the roof, food prices going through the roof, we are about to go BANKRUP as a country and THIS is what is IMPORTANT.

blah yawn.

Really makes one wonder doesn't it

blah yawn.

A party line voting republican downplaying and deflecting one of her own being a hypocrit. I'm sure the post would be the exact same if the bureacrat was a democrat...........

What's new, partisan politics in America :(.

blah yawn.

Really makes one wonder doesn't it

yeah, they want to talk about ANYTHING except the piss poor state our country is in and the failure of the Obama and his comrades arms.

blah yawn.

Why don't I see this same comment from you on the birther threads?.. Oh I forgot, this is Stephanie I'm talking to.

This is actually much more important than the dumbazz birfer threads, because this is true.

But I forgot.. Poor Steph doesn't like it when you highlight the hypocrisy of the "family values" party.. Poor baby. :(

blah yawn.

Why don't I see this same comment from you on the birther threads?.. Oh I forgot, this is Stephanie I'm talking to.

This is actually much more important than the dumbazz birfer threads, because this is true.

But I forgot.. Poor Steph doesn't like it when you highlight the hypocrisy of the "family values" party.. Poor baby. :(

:lol: sheesh pull yer panites out. you posted the stupid thread.:lol:

Yep... hypocrite

Don't mean the argument against drugs, keeping them illegal, is wrong

What argument is there to keep Pot illegal?

The supposed "War on drugs" hasn't done anything to help our country.

There isn't one, and both of our mainstream parties absolutely love the drug war, there's a lot $ in it.

Exactly. And that's the only reason it's illegal.

It makes absolutely no sense how alcohol and ciggerettes can be legal, but Pot isn't.

I think anyone who opposes legalization has the complete wrong stance.. but to be against something, while doing it.. That's just plain hypocrisy.

Same with the "family values" politicians that get cought with another dude. There's nothing wrong with that.. Except the fact that they're a bunch of fucking lyin' hypocrites..

screw'em, throw him out of office and move on......

next.

fine with me, but if he were a Democrat they would ask he just be rehabilitated and get on with the peoples business, you know the double standards.:lol:

It's time to call Machete. He'll take care of everything.

machete%20poster.jpg
machete02.jpg

What argument is there to keep Pot illegal?

The supposed "War on drugs" hasn't done anything to help our country.

There isn't one, and both of our mainstream parties absolutely love the drug war, there's a lot $ in it.

Exactly. And that's the only reason it's illegal.

It makes absolutely no sense how alcohol and ciggerettes can be legal, but Pot isn't.

I think anyone who opposes legalization has the complete wrong stance.. but to be against something, while doing it.. That's just plain hypocrisy.

Same with the "family values" politicians that get cought with another dude. There's nothing wrong with that.. Except the fact that they're a bunch of fucking lyin' hypocrites..

My only problem with Legalizing Pot is the feeling that we don't need another substance for people to fry their minds on. As a Nation we've worked pretty damn hard getting rid of Cigarettes only to be replaced with something worse doesn't sit well with me.

Let's take a look at some of Stephanie's recent threads:

Not about the economy:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media...errilla-warfare-and-sabotage-against-fox.html

Not about gas prices:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media...-add-firepower-to-huffington-post-strike.html

Not about unemployment:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...emn-bill-maher-txxt-attack-against-palin.html

And whatta ya know.. not about this country going bankrupt:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/159161-what-npr-needs-is-some-tough-love.html

Looks like we got another rw hypocrite! :lol:

Forum List

Back