Drug-bashing RI Republican charged with drug use

Let's take a look at some of Stephanie's recent threads:

Not about the economy:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media...errilla-warfare-and-sabotage-against-fox.html

Not about gas prices:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media...-add-firepower-to-huffington-post-strike.html

Not about unemployment:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...emn-bill-maher-txxt-attack-against-palin.html

And whatta ya know.. not about this country going bankrupt:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/159161-what-npr-needs-is-some-tough-love.html

Looks like we got another rw hypocrite! :lol:

awww, poor baby, need a hankie?:lol:

Not about the economy:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media...errilla-warfare-and-sabotage-against-fox.html

Not about gas prices:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media...-add-firepower-to-huffington-post-strike.html

Not about unemployment:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...emn-bill-maher-txxt-attack-against-palin.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/159161-what-npr-needs-is-some-tough-love.html

Great comeback! :thup:

On todays edition of kooky Right-Wing hypocrites..

Robert Watson, a high-ranking Republican state legislator in Rhode Island, is in hot water after being charged with driving under the influence of marijuana and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Drug charges alone would be bad enough for a public official, but Watson, Rhode Island's House minority leader, is still remembered for his controversial anti-drug, anti-gay and anti-immigrant remarks.

In February, Watson said the Rhode Island legislature had their priorities right "if you are a Guatemalan gay man who likes to gamble and smokes marijuana."

Watson was a guest on a radio show soon after the luncheon where he made the misstep, and in response to the outcry over his comments said, “I reject the suggestion that it's insulting." He went on to say that lawmakers were "preoccupied with a number of issues, primarily social issues," when Watson thought they should focus on the economy.

[...]

Watson was pulled over at a police checkpoint Friday, East Haven police told the Associated Press. Police noted a "strong odor of marijuana" coming from Watson's car, and charged him with possession and driving under the influence. The lawmaker was released after he promised to appear in court, and has not yet issued a statement.

Drug-bashing RI Republican charged with drug use | The Raw Story

:clap2:.. Way to go man, way to go.

Charlie Rangel comes to mind. when the left starts accusing the right of being a hypocrite. I ay kick him out of congress both of them.

Not about the economy:

Not about gas prices:

Not about unemployment:

when you post article like the above about DEMOCRATS busted for shit, then I'll not see you as a partisan hack.:lol:

This ranks pretty low on the "Give-A-Fuck" meter....

There are a lot of corrupt and stupid state officials on both sides of the fence...

I suppose if I was a republican from RI it might raise up to a 1 or 2 on the "Give-A-Fuck" meter...

Let me know when you find something interesting...

when you post article like the above about DEMOCRATS busted for shit, then I'll not see you as a partisan hack.:lol:

I don't need approval from the worst partisan hack on this site.

But just for good measure..

If you read my posts, I'm generally very progressive, and don't necessarily align with the Democratic party. So therefore if a Democrat is being a blatant hypocrite, I will call their asses out.

True story :thup:

There isn't one, and both of our mainstream parties absolutely love the drug war, there's a lot $ in it.

Exactly. And that's the only reason it's illegal.

It makes absolutely no sense how alcohol and ciggerettes can be legal, but Pot isn't.

I think anyone who opposes legalization has the complete wrong stance.. but to be against something, while doing it.. That's just plain hypocrisy.

Same with the "family values" politicians that get cought with another dude. There's nothing wrong with that.. Except the fact that they're a bunch of fucking lyin' hypocrites..

My only problem with Legalizing Pot is the feeling that we don't need another substance for people to fry their minds on. As a Nation we've worked pretty damn hard getting rid of Cigarettes only to be replaced with something worse doesn't sit well with me.

Pot was a hell of a lot easier for me to get in middle school and high school than smokes or alcohol ever was. I'm 25 so I'm sure it's still the same way.

That's the flaw in the thinking, thinking that it's harder for kids to get a drug on the black market with a plant that grows like a weed compared to the normal market where you have people that check id's.

There isn't one, and both of our mainstream parties absolutely love the drug war, there's a lot $ in it.

It makes absolutely no sense how alcohol and ciggerettes can be legal, but Pot isn't.

I think anyone who opposes legalization has the complete wrong stance.. but to be against something, while doing it.. That's just plain hypocrisy.

Same with the "family values" politicians that get cought with another dude. There's nothing wrong with that.. Except the fact that they're a bunch of fucking lyin' hypocrites..

My only problem with Legalizing Pot is the feeling that we don't need another substance for people to fry their minds on. As a Nation we've worked pretty damn hard getting rid of Cigarettes only to be replaced with something worse doesn't sit well with me.

Cigarette smoking has almost been made a crime in America. The government has even told many private businesses that they must be smoke free. Can you imagine the uproar if marijuana was legalized?

2010-10-14-German_antismoking_ad.jpg

If you read my posts, I'm generally very progressive, and don't necessarily align with the Democratic party. So therefore if a Democrat is being a blatant hypocrite, I will call their asses out.

ummmmyeahsure.:lol::lol:

ummmmyeahsure.:lol::lol:

:eusa_eh:.

Making it legal won't increase the numbers of people smoking pot. In fact, putting all that money into drug education programs would probably do much more to keep people from trying pot to begin with.

In fact, putting all that money into drug education programs would probably do much more to keep people from trying pot to begin with.

Oh boy, I supposed our "trusted Guberment" is going to be in charge of this too. Just like the post office, Amtrak, Social Security, etc etc.

No wonder some Politicians want to make it legal.

On todays edition of kooky Right-Wing hypocrites..

Robert Watson, a high-ranking Republican state legislator in Rhode Island, is in hot water after being charged with driving under the influence of marijuana and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Drug charges alone would be bad enough for a public official, but Watson, Rhode Island's House minority leader, is still remembered for his controversial anti-drug, anti-gay and anti-immigrant remarks.

In February, Watson said the Rhode Island legislature had their priorities right "if you are a Guatemalan gay man who likes to gamble and smokes marijuana."

Watson was a guest on a radio show soon after the luncheon where he made the misstep, and in response to the outcry over his comments said, “I reject the suggestion that it's insulting." He went on to say that lawmakers were "preoccupied with a number of issues, primarily social issues," when Watson thought they should focus on the economy.

[...]

Watson was pulled over at a police checkpoint Friday, East Haven police told the Associated Press. Police noted a "strong odor of marijuana" coming from Watson's car, and charged him with possession and driving under the influence. The lawmaker was released after he promised to appear in court, and has not yet issued a statement.

Drug-bashing RI Republican charged with drug use | The Raw Story

:clap2:.. Way to go man, way to go.

Legislative Research.

Holy cow, Unemployment high, gas prices going through the roof, food prices going through the roof, we are about to go BANKRUP as a country and THIS is what is IMPORTANT.

blah yawn.

Holy cow, Unemployment high, gas prices going through the roof, food prices going through the roof, we are about to go BANKRUPT as a country and...Obama's birth certificate is what's IMPORTANT.

blah yawn.

Holy cow, Unemployment high, gas prices going through the roof, food prices going through the roof, we are about to go BANKRUP as a country and THIS is what is IMPORTANT.

blah yawn.

Holy cow, Unemployment high, gas prices going through the roof, food prices going through the roof, we are about to go BANKRUPT as a country and...Obama's birth certificate is what's IMPORTANT.

blah yawn.

Ya Constitutional law is so ten years ago

Yeah, my only problem is that telling people what they can or cannot do, smoke or eat, is too much like the Nanny Statist Republicrats.

Yeah, my only problem is that telling people what they can or cannot do, smoke or eat, is too much like the Nanny Statist Republicrats.

Funny that hasn't stopped the left so far has it.

Funny that hasn't stopped the left so far has it.

His point seemed pretty clear to me, hence the term Republicrats.

Both sides love the drug war, both sides want to control what plants you grow on your property, both sides want to dictate to you what you do to your own body in the privacy of your own home.

I've never smoked weed in my life btw, but weed is on par with coffee or pepsi in terms of how dangerous it is. In fact I'd say some energy drinks are worse.

Forum List

Back