Drill Baby Drill! Bring On Another Spill. Then lets us build Nuke Reactors.Yeah!

drill-baby-drill.gif

Why not openly and fairly address the long term costs of waste and short term benefits of energy production? Waste products pose a huge problem.

Crude Oil and Natural Gas Waste

Wastes generated during the exploration, development, and production of crude oil, natural gas, and geothermal energy are categorized by EPA as "special wastes" and are exempt from federal hazardous waste regulations under Subtitle C of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).

Crude Oil and Natural Gas Waste | Special Wastes | Wastes | US EPA

I understand there are costs to all actions. But I wonder if we really truly discuss what we are getting into or does private industry get to dictate the mistakes we will live with?

You give the impression that the oil and gas industry has carte blanche when it comes to operations waste management. Read over that EPA document and you'll see that such wastes are not considered a "huge problem" per se.

Furthermore, that same document that you quote points out such wastes are adequately regulated by individual states.

As an example:

The Division of Oil and Gas (DOG) in the Office of Mines and Minerals (OMM) of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) protects Illinois land and water resources and promotes orderly resource development during exploration and production of oil and gas. Otherwise, the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) administers the major environmental protection laws. The Illinois Pollution Control Board (IPCB) is an independent state agency charged with promulgating environmental regulations and adjudicating a variety of environmental cases in Illinois.

Illinois State Regulations

And another:

Oil Drilling Restrictions in Illinois

Finally- a must read:

THE ILLINOIS OIL AND GAS ACT

This document is everything you need to know before starting oil and gas operations in the state of Illinois. It's several hundred pages, so fasten your seatbelt. :D

watch for the blinding flash then stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye

I bet you blame all your problems on the war, huh? I know your kind. In the neighborhood we all knew.

That's rather unkind. What a TURD you are.

Unkind? Can't stand the heat, get out of the line of fire.

The vet guy is deserving of anything that comes his way. so fuck off :lol:

Why not openly and fairly address the long term costs of waste and short term benefits of energy production? Waste products pose a huge problem.

Crude Oil and Natural Gas Waste

Wastes generated during the exploration, development, and production of crude oil, natural gas, and geothermal energy are categorized by EPA as "special wastes" and are exempt from federal hazardous waste regulations under Subtitle C of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).

Crude Oil and Natural Gas Waste | Special Wastes | Wastes | US EPA

I understand there are costs to all actions. But I wonder if we really truly discuss what we are getting into or does private industry get to dictate the mistakes we will live with?

You give the impression that the oil and gas industry has carte blanche when it comes to operations waste management. Read over that EPA document and you'll see that such wastes are not considered a "huge problem" per se.

Furthermore, that same document that you quote points out such wastes are adequately regulated by individual states.

As an example:

The Division of Oil and Gas (DOG) in the Office of Mines and Minerals (OMM) of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) protects Illinois land and water resources and promotes orderly resource development during exploration and production of oil and gas. Otherwise, the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) administers the major environmental protection laws. The Illinois Pollution Control Board (IPCB) is an independent state agency charged with promulgating environmental regulations and adjudicating a variety of environmental cases in Illinois.

And another:

Finally- a must read:

This document is everything you need to know before starting oil and gas operations in the state of Illinois. It's several hundred pages, so fasten your seatbelt. :D

"adequately regulated"

that about sums it up. let us all go home and put all worries and concerns aside...:doubt:

I bet you blame all your problems on the war, huh? I know your kind. In the neighborhood we all knew.

That's rather unkind. What a TURD you are.

Unkind? Can't stand the heat, get out of the line of fire.

The vet guy is deserving of anything that comes his way. so fuck off :lol:

its get outta the kitchen communist. im retired so ill fuck off all i want. retard

As an example:

And another:

Finally- a must read:

"adequately regulated"

that about sums it up. let us all go home and put all worries and concerns aside...:doubt:

I took the time to give your links more than a cursory read. Could you afford me the same courtesy?

These are just the regulations for the state of Illinois- a state with around 25,000 oil wells, 90% or which are owned by small family businesses and make an average 1.5 barrrels a day. It's extremely expensive just to shuffle the required paperwork, let alone meet compliance.

As an example:

And another:

Finally- a must read:

"adequately regulated"

I took the time to give your links more than a cursory read. Could you afford me the same courtesy?

These are just the regulations for the state of Illinois- a state with around 25,000 oil wells, 90% or which are owned by small family businesses and make an average 1.5 barrrels a day. It's extremely expensive just to shuffle the required paperwork, let alone meet compliance.

we are talking about differing views on what regulation is all about. Oil is dirty and toxic to the environment we live in once it is extracted from below. you are speaking about a state that is not a big oil producer. I moved out west. I live ina city that is surrounded by oil and refineries. I got a sinus infection within my first few weeks here.

It is said the city has clean air...compared to a few decades ago. How nice. I do not plan on staying here, but I look around and there are an awful lot of people here with breathing conditions, asthma and in wheel chairs, scooters, you name it. Progress, commerce and profit have a cost on society that is often hidden and later paid for by the government.

Dirty business has grown exponentially with societal growth and demands. The markets have no ethics, morals or invisible hands. If we do not aggressively regulate we suffer.

Being pro regulation is not anti business.

I do not like the sound of "adequately regulated" because of history...not because of some philosophical agenda. But my philosophical agenda is admittedly for a clean environment over invisible hands and profits...profits for men other than I.

"adequately regulated"

we are talking about differing views on what regulation is all about. Oil is dirty and toxic to the environment we live in once it is extracted from below. you are speaking about a state that is not a big oil producer. I moved out west. I live ina city that is surrounded by oil and refineries. I got a sinus infection within my first few weeks here.

It is said the city has clean air...compared to a few decades ago. How nice. I do not plan on staying here, but I look around and there are an awful lot of people here with breathing conditions, asthma and in wheel chairs, scooters, you name it. Progress, commerce and profit have a cost on society that is often hidden and later paid for by the government.

Dirty business has grown exponentially with societal growth and demands. The markets have no ethics, morals or invisible hands. If we do not aggressively regulate we suffer.

Being pro regulation is not anti business.

I do not like the sound of "adequately regulated" because of history...not because of some philosophical agenda. But my philosophical agenda is admittedly for a clean environment over invisible hands and profits...profits for men other than I.

you moved into an oil field. :lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back