Drill Baby Drill! Bring On Another Spill. Then lets us build Nuke Reactors.Yeah!

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
BP and the oil spill. It was bound to happen. Why? Because shit happens.
1969 Oil Spill - Summary Articles and Images

Where are all the loudmouths on the right and others who tout drilling in pristine areas? Where do the right and Obama stand on building more Nuke reactors? Accidents can and do happen.

Why not openly and fairly address the long term costs of waste and short term benefits of energy production? Waste products pose a huge problem. New nuclear reactor?s waste is seven times more hazardous, Greenpeace exposes | Greenpeace International

Crude Oil and Natural Gas Waste

Wastes generated during the exploration, development, and production of crude oil, natural gas, and geothermal energy are categorized by EPA as "special wastes" and are exempt from federal hazardous waste regulations under Subtitle C of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).

Crude Oil and Natural Gas Waste | Special Wastes | Wastes | US EPA

I understand there are costs to all actions. But I wonder if we really truly discuss what we are getting into or does private industry get to dictate the mistakes we will live with?

Why Obama's Nuclear Bet Won't Pay Off

If you want to understand why the U.S. hasn't built a nuclear reactor in three decades, the Vogtle power plant outside Atlanta is an excellent reminder of the insanity of nuclear economics. The plant's original cost estimate was less than $1 billion for four reactors. Its eventual price tag in 1989 was nearly $9 billion, for only two reactors. But now there's widespread chatter about a nuclear renaissance, so the Southern Co. is finally trying to build the other two reactors at Vogtle. The estimated cost: $14 billion. And you can be sure that number is way too low, because nuclear cost estimates are always way too low.

That's why no Wall Street moneyman in his right mind would finance a new reactor. But President Obama has located an alternative financier: you.

Read more: Nuclear Reactors, Georgia, NRC: Obama Energy Policy - TIME
Will Nuclear Nod Get GOP to Support Obama on Energy Bill? - TIME

high risk deep water drilling was a result of the santa barabra spill.....no nuke plants was a result of three mile island...wind farms kill birds of prey...see altamonte pass....

Let's all quit driving because people get killed in those death traps every day! :rolleyes:

why? I buckle up. Risk is not always worth taking.

see my post where I say I support some ANWR proposals. I'm so sorry to spoil your limited world view where liberals are some sort of one-dimensional mirror opposites of you and your ilk.

I got a better idea.

Let's use our $600 billion in defense spending to crush the Middle East once and for all and take all the damn oil we want.

Obama is OPPOSED to Nuclear energy. He is also opposed to Natural Gas. When he was discussing shutting down coal plants by taxing them out of existance he INCLUDED Natural Gas. He also stated he was opposed to Nuclear energy.

So we can't use nuclear power because their may be an accident. We can't drill for oil because oil spills causing damage. We can't mine for coal because mines collapse. We can't use solar panels because they cause global warming. We can't use wind power because windmills kill birds. We can't use hydroelectric because they kill fish. We can't use animal power because it's cruel to animals.

So what kind of energy can we use?

So we can't use nuclear power because their may be an accident. We can't drill for oil because oil spills causing damage. We can't mine for coal because mines collapse. We can't use solar panels because they cause global warming. We can't use wind power because windmills kill birds. We can't use hydroelectric because they kill fish. We can't use animal power because it's cruel to animals.

So what kind of energy can we use?

Hamster wheel energy, except you're the hamster. :eusa_whistle:

past.jpg

Obama is OPPOSED to Nuclear energy. He is also opposed to Natural Gas. When he was discussing shutting down coal plants by taxing them out of existance he INCLUDED Natural Gas. He also stated he was opposed to Nuclear energy.

:cuckoo:

It is a matter of PUBLIC RECORD dumb ass.

"Obama is OPPOSED to Nuclear energy. He is also opposed to Natural Gas." :cuckoo:

Only in your wild fantasies are the statements true

Forum List

Back