"Drill, baby, Drill" (and fuck the environment)

CaféAuLait;2337422 said:
Ya' gotta-get-outhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exxon_Valdez_oil_spill, more...........

exxonvaldez2.jpg

Have you seen the devestating injuries to children of Chernobyl? And the enviroment?

The Children Beyond Chernobyl, Part 1/7

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_FI2alBpBY]YouTube - The Children Beyond Chernobyl, Part 1/7[/ame]

Four hundred times more radioactive material was released than had been by the atomic bombing of Hiroshima.[68] The fallout was detected over all of Europe except for the Iberian Peninsula.[69][70][71]

Chernobyl disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nuclear waste, even if not involved in an accident is devastating to our environment. Unless you are advcating we use only wind and water for our power supply -- everything else has terrible risks.

Dams burst. Sometimes the wind doesn't blow. Your post is typical of all liberal thoughts. If there is a risk, we must not do it.

News flash folks: From the second you pop out of your mother to the second you die, the world is full of risks. Driving a car is a huge risk. Tens of thousands die from car wrecks in America every year. Yet no one advocates we stop driving..........well, leftists do, nevermind.

But life is full of risks. If we ban an activity every time an accident happens, we'll end up paralyzed by bans. Bad shit happens.

As for Chernobyl, that was a long time ago. Nuclear innovation has made nuclear power extremely safe. Too bad Russia wasn't a greedy capitalist country with better technology to prevent that. Although we had 3 mile island, but not nearly as bad. Nuke power now? When was the last major nuke plant accident?????

But, disasters happen. Just look: Obama got elected, but no one is advocating that we never vote for Democrats again, right?

Um, I believe you read my post wrong. I am quite aware there are risks. This is why I posted such above. There will be risks with everything. For the OP to scream about drilling when we are risking the enviroment in many others ways seems off balance to me. Radioactive waste is a byproduct of Nuclear power and is devestaing to the enviroment. It does not just have to be an accident like Chernobyl to have a nasty effect which is worse than this oil spill.

Nope, but people don't need to die to have their life destoyed. And I suspect there will be loss of life do to the nature and scope of this man-made disaster and extensive clean-up.

Yeah they do. Because if you are still alive, unless you are in some sort of coma, you can still be the person you choose to be.

It's Wry... this person would be just the type to throw in the towel over any inconvenience. Life is full of setbacks... you dust off and move on.

Not Wry, Wry expects failure... seems to almost embrace it.

Hmmm.....if only the "working men" ruled the world rather than execs, right?

You see numbnuts, if you harshly punish BP, those execs are gonna trickle down the punishment through layoffs, reduced benefits and higher prices. All bad for their working men, and all working men who buy gas.

And as a leftist, you obviously support Obama. He said himself his agenda would make electric and fuel costs skyrocket.

So, tell me, would soaring, skyrocketing electric and gas rates hurt the "working man"? Because your support for Obama is support for that ideal. So, that shrimper won't be able to afford to fuel his boat. Unless there is a new wind powered shrimp boat I haven't seen yet.

But, as a confirmed Obama zombie, you have absolutely no clue that the leftist agenda includes bringing the energy consumption of Americans down. That means less energy used by working men to get to work, drive their boats, cool their catch, etc.

Your savior is intentionally doing more harm to working men than any executives accidents are. You gotta open your eyes dude. You and the other libs are being duped.

100 years ago another argument was floated that the automobile would put blacksmiths, and all other business associated with animal transportation out of work.
Actually I was a working man, briefly, and then a supervisor, manager and finally a commander (and a member of the executive management team).
Post the link or source of you allegation Obama had(has) and agenda to raise energy costs. Post it or STFU.

Well, for a "commander" you sure don't research much. So, you're gonna take the tough guy stand huh? "Post it or STFU"!!!! Ooooohhhhh, scary. Well, since I enjoy embarrassing liberals so much, here you go:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNSZ62xiD4M]YouTube - Obama Promises Skyrocketing Energy Costs[/ame]

He also stated his desire to bankrupt the coal industry. You know....working people.

Hint: Put some honey mustard on your toes. It tastes better.

Mea Culpa. I'd not seen/heard Obama make that comment. In context I understand his meaning/intent, and honestly I'm so use to liars and fools posting I assumed your post was another RW piece of bull shit. It was not, I was wrong.

Last edited:
Yes, but not Democrats, just Obama.

See, this is a perfect analogy. Barack Obama is the political oil spill of the Democratic Party. Bush was a more minor oil spill for Republicans, but still a bad one.

So, like BP, the Dem's had a massive accident with election of Barack Obama. Tragic. It'll take years to clean up. But......I don't think we should punish the left or Democrats out of existence over it. Just...be more careful next time.

Very good point, I actually voted for a Democrat a couple of times in the last 30 years, I will switch and vote for the Best Person Running

Runs to hides because of this declaration..................

If BP execs purposely ignored warnings and purposely did not have an emergency plan in place in order to boost profits, is it still an accident?

Yeah. A bad, tragic one, but it's no different than a person who ignores the "dont' text and drive" warnings and then does it and gets into an accident.

I believe the oil industry has all come out and said this type of accident was considered next to impossible to happen. Not defending ignoring the risk, but it was considered extremely unlikely. Just a freakish accident. But the lefts rabid behavior over this is almost spooky.

Especially when one considers Obama wants to intentionally make life 10X harder for shrimpers through a cap and trade bill that would make fueling the boats and keeping their catches cold rise to a price that..........what did Obama say......"necessarily skyrocket".

Ironically, this tragedy will boost support for the energy bills, which will in turn massively raise electric and fuel prices, thus probably running independent fishermen out of business in favor of farmed fish. A double-whammy, but the left is only focused on the accidental whammy, not the intentional one being proposed.
The person who kills someone when texting will likely be charged with manslaughter. Shouldn't a corporation be held responsible?

Yeah. A bad, tragic one, but it's no different than a person who ignores the "dont' text and drive" warnings and then does it and gets into an accident.

I believe the oil industry has all come out and said this type of accident was considered next to impossible to happen. Not defending ignoring the risk, but it was considered extremely unlikely. Just a freakish accident. But the lefts rabid behavior over this is almost spooky.

Especially when one considers Obama wants to intentionally make life 10X harder for shrimpers through a cap and trade bill that would make fueling the boats and keeping their catches cold rise to a price that..........what did Obama say......"necessarily skyrocket".

Ironically, this tragedy will boost support for the energy bills, which will in turn massively raise electric and fuel prices, thus probably running independent fishermen out of business in favor of farmed fish. A double-whammy, but the left is only focused on the accidental whammy, not the intentional one being proposed.
The person who kills someone when texting will likely be charged with manslaughter. Shouldn't a corporation be held responsible?

Yes. But, corporations like BP and TransOcean have limitless armies of lawyers. No one will get anything.

Yes, studies have shown that oil rigs prevent a lot of oil that NATURALLY seeps from the earth from seeping because it was being collected by drilling. Is there an accident every 10-20 years? Yes, indeed. Show me one industrialized sector of our society that doesn't have really bad accidents???? (crickets chirping). Thats right.

Should we stopped flying airplanes because a plane crashes now and then? Stop using trains since a train derails occassionally? Stop using ships, since sometimes they sink? Hey, should we outlaw all flammable materials man produces or uses.....since a large fire can really harm the environment? Should we stop developing medicines, since they sometimes are tested on animals? Hey, lets ban fishing also, thats bad for the fish. And stop hunting deer. Because it's bad for the deer that die. Oh, and we should also stop building and driving cars, because if we scraped all the dead bugs off windshields, well, thats a trillion or so precious insects that die because we drive cars. Lets ban coal mining, since mines sometimes collapse.

And now lets ban oil, since drilling for it means a bad accident happens sometimes.

So, ANY liberal that confesses he or she still uses air conditioning, heating, drives a vehicle, uses plastic of any type (plastic is made from petroleum) or consumes anything that was transported to the place of purchase by a gasoline powered machine.

Hey, libbies, practice what you preach. Eliminate the reliance of oil in any way, shape or form from your life. Starting........................now. Oh, wait, you can't read this post or respond to it if you started now, since your computer is powered by electricity, which comes from coal plants, nuke plants, etc, which are staffed by men who drive to work. So........your mere presence on this message board means you are consuming unnecessary electricity, which puts more profit into the evil power companies pockets, which then employes more people, people who drive to work, using gas that comes from oil, oil that is drilled, which as we all know kills bambi, shamu and flipper all at the same time. You evil libs.

Dude shut the fuck up.

It's all Big Greens fault! Simply ask Political Chic, spin master and resident sophist.
BP was forced to drill a deep well by environmentalists. Forced (she writes); and of course being that BP was so coerced, they must not be culpable or accountable.

It's all Big Greens fault! Simply ask Political Chic, spin master and resident sophist.
BP was forced to drill a deep well by environmentalists. Forced (she writes); and of course being that BP was so coerced, they must not be culpable or accountable.

So boycott them you insignificant shit. Hurt them bad.:lol:

Such a brilliant retort; educated, urban, measured and informative? I know not how to respond.

Such a brilliant retort; educated, urban, measured and informative? I know not how to respond.

Whether you like it or not, Poli is right.

The drillers were forced by the environmentalists and subsequent legislatrion to drill in deeper waters. The environmentalists, in all of their wisdom, believed that any disaster in deeper waters would never reach the shoreline. Seems they were wrongt my friend.

And yes, forced. That is what drillers do. Drill. Tell them they can not drill in one place but can drill in another place is them being "forced" to drill in a certain place.

And they should be culpable becuase no one said they had to drill at all. That was their decision. But forced to drill where they drilled? You betcha.

Last edited:

Whether you like it or not, Poli is right.

The drillers were forced by the environmentalists and subsequent legislatrion to drill in deeper waters. The environmentalists, in all of their wisdom, believed that any disaster in deeper waters would never reach the shoreline. Seems they were wrongt my friend.

And yes, forced. That is what drillers do. Drill. Tell them they can not drill in one place but can drill in another place is them being "forced" to drill in a certain place.

And they should be culpable becuase no one said they had to drill at all. That was their decision. But forced to drill where they drilled? You betcha.

Well we agree on one thing, Poli is (far) right.
So, let me understand. Because I (as a protector of the environment) close a road, 'forcing' you to drive a different route, and you crash, it's my fault?

What drove oil prices up to $145.29? Here is a clue. This coincided with the "Peak Oil" media blitz. Similar to the Enron Power Scam. Oil traders leased most of the oil tankers tying them up to restrict the transportation of oil to markets. They stored their oil in these tankers & parked them offshore so they would not count in inventory creating the illusion of an oil shortage. This is called "Floating Storage"

Oil Stored at Sea Washes Out Rallies
More oil is being produced than recession-stricken economies need, and prices have fallen as the extra crude fills storage terminals world-wide. Crude-futures prices are down 72% from the record hit in July... The oil sitting at sea adds an extra layer of uncertainty about the supply overhang, which traders said must be whittled down for oil prices to rebound. Tankers carrying up to two million barrels each aren't counted in official statistics. Ship trackers estimate that as many as 80 million barrels may be on the water, or more than twice the amount kept in the largest commercial storage center in the U.S., in Cushing, Okla.

What Event Happened on the very day oil stopped climbing past $145.29 & began its decline all the way down to $33.87? That is a $112 drop in oil prices!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FusqAtX0OJ8"]Oil Drops $112 because of this![/ame]

Amazing I Tell You, Utterly Amazing! If you think I am lying about the cause of the $112 drop, Check the date against the oil price charts. Now you see "Drill Baby Drill" worked. Don't you just hate it when Sarah Palin is smarter than you. This stuck all those Enron type traders with ship loads of oil that they lost their ass on. Now what event happened on the very day Oil Prices started to climb again from the $33 dollar low. Hint (New Administration took office). Check The Charts! Now every time Obama threatens to stop drilling, these Enron type "Floating Storage" scum bags make their money back. How Fucking Stupid is this Obama Idiot?

Hot off the press: Bloomberg - Oil Imports Surge as Traders Unwind Floating Storage Bets: Energy Markets
Oil imports into the Gulf of Mexico region surged to a record last week as the profits from floating storage evaporated, pushing traders to unload their cargoes and forcing crude futures lower.

The price advantage for traders who buy oil and store it at sea for a month instead of delivering it immediately has shrunk 90 percent since May. Floating storage in the Gulf dropped 24 percent in the week ended July 23, Bloomberg data show.

“What was going on last week was dumping the crude,” said Tim Evans, an energy analyst at Citi Futures Perspective in New York. “The spread is putting pressure on those holding inventories on tankers to move it ashore.”

Stockpiles unexpectedly rose 7.31 million barrels, or 2.1 percent, to 360.8 million in the week ended July 23, confounding analysts who predicted inventories would fall 1.73 million barrels, or 0.5 percent, to their lowest level in four months. A surge in imports to Gulf states contributed to the glut, Energy Department figures showed July 28.

Last edited:
Is it really true that the reason we can't drill in Anwar is because it may or may not affect the mating habits of the caribou?

Yes, studies have shown that oil rigs prevent a lot of oil that NATURALLY seeps from the earth from seeping because it was being collected by drilling. Is there an accident every 10-20 years? Yes, indeed. Show me one industrialized sector of our society that doesn't have really bad accidents???? (crickets chirping). Thats right.

Should we stopped flying airplanes because a plane crashes now and then? Stop using trains since a train derails occassionally? Stop using ships, since sometimes they sink? Hey, should we outlaw all flammable materials man produces or uses.....since a large fire can really harm the environment? Should we stop developing medicines, since they sometimes are tested on animals? Hey, lets ban fishing also, thats bad for the fish. And stop hunting deer. Because it's bad for the deer that die. Oh, and we should also stop building and driving cars, because if we scraped all the dead bugs off windshields, well, thats a trillion or so precious insects that die because we drive cars. Lets ban coal mining, since mines sometimes collapse.

And now lets ban oil, since drilling for it means a bad accident happens sometimes.

So, ANY liberal that confesses he or she still uses air conditioning, heating, drives a vehicle, uses plastic of any type (plastic is made from petroleum) or consumes anything that was transported to the place of purchase by a gasoline powered machine.

Hey, libbies, practice what you preach. Eliminate the reliance of oil in any way, shape or form from your life. Starting........................now. Oh, wait, you can't read this post or respond to it if you started now, since your computer is powered by electricity, which comes from coal plants, nuke plants, etc, which are staffed by men who drive to work. So........your mere presence on this message board means you are consuming unnecessary electricity, which puts more profit into the evil power companies pockets, which then employes more people, people who drive to work, using gas that comes from oil, oil that is drilled, which as we all know kills bambi, shamu and flipper all at the same time. You evil libs.
"Yes, studies have shown that oil rigs prevent a lot of oil that NATURALLY seeps from the earth from seeping because it was being collected by drilling."

Not so! Wells such as the Deep Water Horizon are pulling oil typically from 5,000 to 35,000 feet beneath the floor of the ocean. Just how much oil do you think seeps up through 1 to 7 miles of ocean bottom.

Deepwater Horizon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Haven't seen this thread in a while. Some new thoughts have come to mind.

First, How does drilling hurt the working class? Since when is having productive jobs and energy for more jobs bad?

Second, You do realize that drilling and environmental protection are not mutually exclusive, right?

It hurts them the same way republicans hoodwing trailer trash whites.
Dems sell the poor uneducated dems on this anti corp bullshit, and these poor people could not explain supply and demand to you if you paid them.

IRONY, an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
So, thanks for proving you (a RW troll) really don't give a shit about the working men and women whose lives have been destroyed by BP. What the fuck, there just the hoi polloi.

Can you name some people who were killed because of this oil spill? (Not talking the initial explosion, but the oil itself).
Give it a bit, oK murkin ?
Wave that flag.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRrbqBEGxiw]YouTube - CNN: Almost All Exxon Valdez Cleanup Crew Dead!!![/ame]

I suppose there's a bit of irony here, but what the hell, only working people are screwed - RW pols won't give a damn. Right Sarah?

Have you parked your car and removed it's battery? Tell me Hypocrite Wellhaveyahuh? You people are freaks of nature.

Forum List

Back