"Drill, baby, Drill" (and fuck the environment)

Yes, studies have shown that oil rigs prevent a lot of oil that NATURALLY seeps from the earth from seeping because it was being collected by drilling. Is there an accident every 10-20 years? Yes, indeed. Show me one industrialized sector of our society that doesn't have really bad accidents???? (crickets chirping). Thats right.

"Now, there is new concern about another BP facility in the Gulf: a former BP insider tells us the platform "Atlantis" is a greater threat than the Deepwater Horizon.

Ken Abbott has worked for Shell and GE. And in 2008 he was hired by BP to manage thousands of engineering drawings for the Atlantis platform.

"They serve as blueprints and also as a operator manual, if you will, on how to make this work, and more importantly how to shut it down in an emergency," Abbott explained.

But he says he found that 89 percent of those critical drawings had not been inspected and approved by BP engineers. Even worse, he says 95 percent of the underwater welding plans had never been approved either.

"Are these welding procedures supposed to be approved in the paperwork before the welds are done?" Pelley asked.

"Absolutely. Yeah," Abbott replied. “They’re critical."

Abbott's charges are backed up by BP internal e-mails. In 2008, BP manager Barry Duff wrote that the lack of approved drawings could result in "catastrophic operator errors," and "currently there are hundreds if not thousands of Subsea documents that have never been finalized."

Duff called the practice "fundamentally wrong."

"I've never seen this kind of attitude, where safety doesn't seem to matter and when you complain of a problem like Barry did and like I did and try to fix it, you're just criticized and pushed aside," Abbott said."

Nope, but people don't need to die to have their life destoyed. And I suspect there will be loss of life do to the nature and scope of this man-made disaster and extensive clean-up.

Yeah they do. Because if you are still alive, unless you are in some sort of coma, you can still be the person you choose to be.

You really are a moron, and a jerk.
The RW Fringer take on the issue of BP F'n up the Gulf Coast: "It's all about personal responsibility shrimpboat man. Pay your F'n debt on the shrimpboat that won't fish, pay the dock fees and your home mortagage, feed your kids, gas the car and go on to your job a McDonals. Don't expect help from the gubmint boy, y'all ain't entitled to nothing."

Can you please name someone who has actually said something even remotely like that? I've not heard anyone say anything at all like that.

Immie

Yes, studies have shown that oil rigs prevent a lot of oil that NATURALLY seeps from the earth from seeping because it was being collected by drilling. Is there an accident every 10-20 years? Yes, indeed. Show me one industrialized sector of our society that doesn't have really bad accidents???? (crickets chirping). Thats right.

Should we stopped flying airplanes because a plane crashes now and then? Stop using trains since a train derails occassionally? Stop using ships, since sometimes they sink? Hey, should we outlaw all flammable materials man produces or uses.....since a large fire can really harm the environment? Should we stop developing medicines, since they sometimes are tested on animals? Hey, lets ban fishing also, thats bad for the fish. And stop hunting deer. Because it's bad for the deer that die. Oh, and we should also stop building and driving cars, because if we scraped all the dead bugs off windshields, well, thats a trillion or so precious insects that die because we drive cars. Lets ban coal mining, since mines sometimes collapse.

And now lets ban oil, since drilling for it means a bad accident happens sometimes.

So, ANY liberal that confesses he or she still uses air conditioning, heating, drives a vehicle, uses plastic of any type (plastic is made from petroleum) or consumes anything that was transported to the place of purchase by a gasoline powered machine.

Hey, libbies, practice what you preach. Eliminate the reliance of oil in any way, shape or form from your life. Starting........................now. Oh, wait, you can't read this post or respond to it if you started now, since your computer is powered by electricity, which comes from coal plants, nuke plants, etc, which are staffed by men who drive to work. So........your mere presence on this message board means you are consuming unnecessary electricity, which puts more profit into the evil power companies pockets, which then employes more people, people who drive to work, using gas that comes from oil, oil that is drilled, which as we all know kills bambi, shamu and flipper all at the same time. You evil libs.

IRONY, an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
So, thanks for proving you (a RW troll) really don't give a shit about the working men and women whose lives have been destroyed by BP. What the fuck, there just the hoi polloi.

What would you call the men who do dirty, blue collar work on oil rigs? What would you call men who drive the fuel truck 18-wheelers around the country to provide us gas that we all live off of? What would you call the workers who staff BP gas stations around the world? And the thousands of small-level people who make the BP organization run? Clerks, secretaries, factory workers, janitors, electricians, cafeteria workers, etc, etc. You know....more people are employed by BP than just the top few executive officers.

As for the working people whose fishing work has been destroyed? Yep. That sucks. Accidents happen. So, you now suggest we destroy the jobs of thousands and thousands of other working people also just so you can lay down and night hugging your Obama pillow and feel like some sort of justice has been served?

Stop typing on your computer right now. It contains plastic parts. Plastic is made of petroleum. You support that by buying a computer. You hate working class people don't you?

So, thanks for proving you (a RW troll) really don't give a shit about the working men and women whose lives have been destroyed by BP. What the fuck, there just the hoi polloi.[/qu

Can you name some people who were killed because of this oil spill? (Not talking the initial explosion, but the oil itself).

Nope, but people don't need to die to have their life destoyed. And I suspect there will be loss of life do to the nature and scope of this man-made disaster and extensive clean-up.

Heres a funny question for you:

Those same fishermen who's "lives were destroyed by BP", lets say Obama's cap and trade bill passes. And, according to his own words, "Energy prices necessarily skyrocket".

I wonder what will happen to those working class fishermen when it comes time to put gas in their shrimp boats, and use energy to keep their catch cold, when Obama's policies cause gas and electric rates to "necessarily skyrocket"???

Obama is attempting to harm those people as much or more than BP accidentally has. Yet, your allegiance is with the intentionaly evil, not the accidental tragedy. Hmmmm.

Those same fishermen who's "lives were destroyed by BP", lets say Obama's cap and trade bill passes. And, according to his own words, "Energy prices necessarily skyrocket".

I wonder what will happen to those working class fishermen when it comes time to put gas in their shrimp boats, and use energy to keep their catch cold, when Obama's policies cause gas and electric rates to "necessarily skyrocket"???

Obama is attempting to harm those people as much or more than BP accidentally has. Yet, your allegiance is with the intentionaly evil, not the accidental tragedy. Hmmmm.

If BP execs purposely ignored warnings and purposely did not have an emergency plan in place in order to boost profits, is it still an accident?

Yeah they do. Because if you are still alive, unless you are in some sort of coma, you can still be the person you choose to be.

You really are a moron, and a jerk.
The RW Fringer take on the issue of BP F'n up the Gulf Coast: "It's all about personal responsibility shrimpboat man. Pay your F'n debt on the shrimpboat that won't fish, pay the dock fees and your home mortagage, feed your kids, gas the car and go on to your job a McDonals. Don't expect help from the gubmint boy, y'all ain't entitled to nothing."

Again, when Obama's cap and trade and energy plan passes, and in his own words "Energy prices necessarily skyrocket", what will happen?

Under Obama's agenda, gas and electric bills will, as he said, necessarily skyrocket. What will those shrimpers do when it cost 8X more to fuel the boat, 10X more to keep the catch cold in transport, 8X more to fuel the trucks to move the shrimp, and of course, they'll get 50% less pay for the shrimp, because shrimp is a luxury food and if people's gas and electric bills skyrocket, they won't be eating out at seafood restaurants as much.

Your savior Obama is INTENTIONALLY trying to do more damage to those shrimpers than BP is!!!!!!! Wake up dude and back away from Obama's pelvis. Either that, or show me the first ever solar/wind powered shrimp boat.

If BP execs purposely ignored warnings and purposely did not have an emergency plan in place in order to boost profits, is it still an accident?

Yeah. A bad, tragic one, but it's no different than a person who ignores the "dont' text and drive" warnings and then does it and gets into an accident.

I believe the oil industry has all come out and said this type of accident was considered next to impossible to happen. Not defending ignoring the risk, but it was considered extremely unlikely. Just a freakish accident. But the lefts rabid behavior over this is almost spooky.

Especially when one considers Obama wants to intentionally make life 10X harder for shrimpers through a cap and trade bill that would make fueling the boats and keeping their catches cold rise to a price that..........what did Obama say......"necessarily skyrocket".

Ironically, this tragedy will boost support for the energy bills, which will in turn massively raise electric and fuel prices, thus probably running independent fishermen out of business in favor of farmed fish. A double-whammy, but the left is only focused on the accidental whammy, not the intentional one being proposed.

So, thanks for proving you (a RW troll) really don't give a shit about the working men and women whose lives have been destroyed by BP. What the fuck, there just the hoi polloi.

Can you name some people who were killed because of this oil spill? (Not talking the initial explosion, but the oil itself).
I think "conservatives" are more-preferential of slow-death....so they have plenty-o'-time to get-outta-town (before the-shit-hits-the-fan); kinda like the Bush Admin.

Well, yeah, you're right. Conservatives aren't going to sit in a below-sea-level city when a Cat 5 hurricane is coming, THREE days out, and wait patiently for the government to come rescue us, then cry foul when we are stuck in a flood later. Duh!

Should we stopped flying airplanes because a plane crashes now and then? Stop using trains since a train derails occassionally? Stop using ships, since sometimes they sink? Hey, should we outlaw all flammable materials man produces or uses.....since a large fire can really harm the environment? Should we stop developing medicines, since they sometimes are tested on animals? Hey, lets ban fishing also, thats bad for the fish. And stop hunting deer. Because it's bad for the deer that die. Oh, and we should also stop building and driving cars, because if we scraped all the dead bugs off windshields, well, thats a trillion or so precious insects that die because we drive cars. Lets ban coal mining, since mines sometimes collapse.

And now lets ban oil, since drilling for it means a bad accident happens sometimes.

So, ANY liberal that confesses he or she still uses air conditioning, heating, drives a vehicle, uses plastic of any type (plastic is made from petroleum) or consumes anything that was transported to the place of purchase by a gasoline powered machine.

Hey, libbies, practice what you preach. Eliminate the reliance of oil in any way, shape or form from your life. Starting........................now. Oh, wait, you can't read this post or respond to it if you started now, since your computer is powered by electricity, which comes from coal plants, nuke plants, etc, which are staffed by men who drive to work. So........your mere presence on this message board means you are consuming unnecessary electricity, which puts more profit into the evil power companies pockets, which then employes more people, people who drive to work, using gas that comes from oil, oil that is drilled, which as we all know kills bambi, shamu and flipper all at the same time. You evil libs.

What would you call the men who do dirty, blue collar work on oil rigs? What would you call men who drive the fuel truck 18-wheelers around the country to provide us gas that we all live off of? What would you call the workers who staff BP gas stations around the world? And the thousands of small-level people who make the BP organization run? Clerks, secretaries, factory workers, janitors, electricians, cafeteria workers, etc, etc. You know....more people are employed by BP than just the top few executive officers.

As for the working people whose fishing work has been destroyed? Yep. That sucks. Accidents happen. So, you now suggest we destroy the jobs of thousands and thousands of other working people also just so you can lay down and night hugging your Obama pillow and feel like some sort of justice has been served?

Stop typing on your computer right now. It contains plastic parts. Plastic is made of petroleum. You support that by buying a computer. You hate working class people don't you?

The strawman you built may hate the working man but I don't. You forget eleven working men died when the rig exploded, zero BP executives did. Post the phrase where I suggested the working men and women be 'punished' for the actions of the BP management team. As for my hate for the working man, either your reading comprehension is very poor, or you're a liar. It's really that simple.

I blame this lady. From my experience it seems as soon as I pipe up about something it ends up jinxed as well.

drillbaby.jpeg

I suppose there's a bit of irony here, but what the hell, only working people are screwed - RW pols won't give a damn. Right Sarah?

#1 There should have been better back up systems.

#2 Is this not the first Drilling Rig Major Oil Spill in 50 Years for America?

#3 Do you advocate shutting down All Drilling, Now ?

#4 If you said yes to #3, how could we survive with no Oil and especially the products made from Oil?

The strawman you built may hate the working man but I don't. You forget eleven working men died when the rig exploded, zero BP executives did. Post the phrase where I suggested the working men and women be 'punished' for the actions of the BP management team. As for my hate for the working man, either your reading comprehension is very poor, or you're a liar. It's really that simple.

Hmmm.....if only the "working men" ruled the world rather than execs, right?

You see numbnuts, if you harshly punish BP, those execs are gonna trickle down the punishment through layoffs, reduced benefits and higher prices. All bad for their working men, and all working men who buy gas.

And as a leftist, you obviously support Obama. He said himself his agenda would make electric and fuel costs skyrocket.

So, tell me, would soaring, skyrocketing electric and gas rates hurt the "working man"? Because your support for Obama is support for that ideal. So, that shrimper won't be able to afford to fuel his boat. Unless there is a new wind powered shrimp boat I haven't seen yet.

But, as a confirmed Obama zombie, you have absolutely no clue that the leftist agenda includes bringing the energy consumption of Americans down. That means less energy used by working men to get to work, drive their boats, cool their catch, etc.

Your savior is intentionally doing more harm to working men than any executives accidents are. You gotta open your eyes dude. You and the other libs are being duped.

I suppose there's a bit of irony here, but what the hell, only working people are screwed - RW pols won't give a damn. Right Sarah?

#1 There should have been better back up systems.

#2 Is this not the first Drilling Rig Major Oil Spill in 50 Years for America?

#3 Do you advocate shutting down All Drilling, Now ?

#4 If you said yes to #3, how could we survive with no Oil and especially the products made from Oil?

Answer to #4: Haven't you seen Avatar?

We'll worship trees, ride animals, never eat food and rely on Mother Ganja or something for our inner energy.

Get with the program you racist, redneck, right wing, George Bush loving, racist, ignorant, dumb, NASCAR watchin, Dick Cheny loving, racist, war mongering, planet hating, oil sipping, racist, racist, Sarah Palin likin', racist, right winger nut job hate black people, hate civil liberties, racist, klan memberin', deer huntin, gun totin, racist wingnut Republican voting pasty white conservanazi hate mongering RIGHT WINGER!!!!!!!!! And did I mention you're racist!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure how you've arrived at point B from point A.

Have you seen the devestating injuries to children of Chernobyl? And the enviroment?

The Children Beyond Chernobyl, Part 1/7

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_FI2alBpBY]YouTube - The Children Beyond Chernobyl, Part 1/7[/ame]

Four hundred times more radioactive material was released than had been by the atomic bombing of Hiroshima.[68] The fallout was detected over all of Europe except for the Iberian Peninsula.[69][70][71]

Chernobyl disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nuclear waste, even if not involved in an accident is devastating to our environment. Unless you are advcating we use only wind and water for our power supply -- everything else has terrible risks.

Last edited:

You see numbnuts, if you harshly punish BP, those execs are gonna trickle down the punishment through layoffs, reduced benefits and higher prices. All bad for their working men, and all working men who buy gas.

And as a leftist, you obviously support Obama. He said himself his agenda would make electric and fuel costs skyrocket.

So, tell me, would soaring, skyrocketing electric and gas rates hurt the "working man"? Because your support for Obama is support for that ideal. So, that shrimper won't be able to afford to fuel his boat. Unless there is a new wind powered shrimp boat I haven't seen yet.

But, as a confirmed Obama zombie, you have absolutely no clue that the leftist agenda includes bringing the energy consumption of Americans down. That means less energy used by working men to get to work, drive their boats, cool their catch, etc.

Your savior is intentionally doing more harm to working men than any executives accidents are. You gotta open your eyes dude. You and the other libs are being duped.

100 years ago another argument was floated that the automobile would put blacksmiths, and all other business associated with animal transportation out of work.
Actually I was a working man, briefly, and then a supervisor, manager and finally a commander (and a member of the executive management team).
Post the link or source of you allegation Obama had(has) and agenda to raise energy costs. Post it or STFU.

Amanda said:
Would you care to characterize the loss of life you expect?

Are we talking people here or fish that would have been killed anyway to be eaten?

Ok, here we are a few pages later. Can I get a response to my question?

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;2337422 said:
I'm not sure how you've arrived at point B from point A.

Have you seen the devestating injuries to children of Chernobyl? And the enviroment?

The Children Beyond Chernobyl, Part 1/7

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_FI2alBpBY]YouTube - The Children Beyond Chernobyl, Part 1/7[/ame]

Four hundred times more radioactive material was released than had been by the atomic bombing of Hiroshima.[68] The fallout was detected over all of Europe except for the Iberian Peninsula.[69][70][71]

Chernobyl disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nuclear waste, even if not involved in an accident is devastating to our environment. Unless you are advcating we use only wind and water for our power supply -- everything else has terrible risks.

Dams burst. Sometimes the wind doesn't blow. Your post is typical of all liberal thoughts. If there is a risk, we must not do it.

News flash folks: From the second you pop out of your mother to the second you die, the world is full of risks. Driving a car is a huge risk. Tens of thousands die from car wrecks in America every year. Yet no one advocates we stop driving..........well, leftists do, nevermind.

But life is full of risks. If we ban an activity every time an accident happens, we'll end up paralyzed by bans. Bad shit happens.

As for Chernobyl, that was a long time ago. Nuclear innovation has made nuclear power extremely safe. Too bad Russia wasn't a greedy capitalist country with better technology to prevent that. Although we had 3 mile island, but not nearly as bad. Nuke power now? When was the last major nuke plant accident?????

But, disasters happen. Just look: Obama got elected, but no one is advocating that we never vote for Democrats again, right?

But, disasters happen. Just look: Obama got elected, but no one is advocating that we never vote for Democrats again, right?

Actually wrong, some very die hard Liberal Democrats I know have finally seen the light and said they would not vote for BO again even if Jimmy Carter ran against him :lol:

100 years ago another argument was floated that the automobile would put blacksmiths, and all other business associated with animal transportation out of work.
Actually I was a working man, briefly, and then a supervisor, manager and finally a commander (and a member of the executive management team).
Post the link or source of you allegation Obama had(has) and agenda to raise energy costs. Post it or STFU.

Well, for a "commander" you sure don't research much. So, you're gonna take the tough guy stand huh? "Post it or STFU"!!!! Ooooohhhhh, scary. Well, since I enjoy embarrassing liberals so much, here you go:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNSZ62xiD4M]YouTube - Obama Promises Skyrocketing Energy Costs[/ame]

He also stated his desire to bankrupt the coal industry. You know....working people.

Hint: Put some honey mustard on your toes. It tastes better.

Actually wrong, some very die hard Liberal Democrats I know have finally seen the light and said they would not vote for BO again even if Jimmy Carter ran against him :lol:

Yes, but not Democrats, just Obama.

See, this is a perfect analogy. Barack Obama is the political oil spill of the Democratic Party. Bush was a more minor oil spill for Republicans, but still a bad one.

So, like BP, the Dem's had a massive accident with election of Barack Obama. Tragic. It'll take years to clean up. But......I don't think we should punish the left or Democrats out of existence over it. Just...be more careful next time.

Forum List

Back