Dream team smack down

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
2012 and 1992 Dream Teams talk smack over who was better

Michael Jordan to Kobe Bryant: 'No comparison' between Dream Team and 2012 Olympic squad | Fox News

Michael Jordan says there's no way Kobe Bryant and this year's USA Olympic basketball team could've beaten the 1992 Dream Team.

Jordan told The Associated Press Thursday that he laughed, "I absolutely laughed" when hearing Bryant's comments that the squad training in Las Vegas could take Jordan and company.

Jordan says there was "no comparison" which team was better, adding that Byrant comparing the two teams "is not one of the smarter things he ever could have done."

Personally, I think todays team would win

Last edited:
Well Bird was hurt and both him and Magic were out of their Prime when they played. Lebron may finish his career considered the best all around player ever. Kobe could be considered the best scorer ever. But the depth isn't even close. Scottie Pippen, Karl Malone, Charles Barkely, Patrick Ewing, David Robinson, John Stockton Compared to James Harden, Andre Iguodala??, Tyson Chandler, Kevin Love, Deron Williams, Blake Griffin(its not a dunk competition). Pippen could probably guard lebron better than anyone in the game today could. And obviously Jordan would play way better defense than Kobe. its the 92 team by 20.

I have a hard time comparing athletes from different eras and claiming athletes from 20 years ago were better...it just doesn't work
You cant look at athletes from the 1970s and say they were not as good as athletes in the 50s
You can't look at athletes from the 90's and say they were not as good as those in the 70s
Why do we try to claim that athletes from the 2010s are not nearly as good as they were in the 90s?

I think we grow nostalgic for our athletic heros. No baseball player today will ever be as good as Ruth, Dimaggio or Ted Williams. No football player can be as good as Jim Brown or Johnny Unitas. No basketball player can be as good as Jordan, Magic and Bird

Each generation of athletes gets bigger, faster, stroger and smarter than their predecessors. It has always been that way. I can see you saying Jordan would be just as great today. He may just be...but not by as large a margin

The 92 Dream Team were Basketball gods. They overwhelmed anyone of their era....it does not follow that they would overwhelm todays players

Forum List

Back