Ray Allen to the Miami Heat

Thanks for the good times, Ray.

I'm not sure how the Garden will treat you when you make your return.

Last edited:
That said, I'm more than fine with this.

In fact, I think the Celtics were kinda nuts offering him 2yrs/12mil to begin with.

I'd rather see Bradley get the minutes and Jason Terry, tho no spring chicken himself, is a much better option coming off the bench at this point than Ray is.

I think it would be pretty fucked up if it was anything other than an ovation.

On most other teams, I'd be sure that would happen...however the Heat and Celtics have created quite the rivalry of late, mostly from Lebron's presence on the team.

Johnny Damon coming back to Fenway with the Blue Jays or Rangers? Standing ovation.

Damon coming back with the Yankees? Loud boos and crumpled bills get tossed on the field.

That's just how it be...

You'd think but I agree with Bob.

Had he gone to any team other than Miami or the Lakers it would be a guaranteed huge ovation.

Him going to Miami makes it iffy.

On most other teams, I'd be sure that would happen...however the Heat and Celtics have created quite the rivalry of late, mostly from Lebron's presence on the team.

Johnny Damon coming back to Fenway with the Blue Jays or Rangers? Standing ovation.

Damon coming back with the Yankees? Loud boos and crumpled bills get tossed on the field.

That's just how it be...

I don't know if it could be compared in the same way that Damon left. He was an integral part in getting them their first title in almost 100 years, and then immediately left after the season and signed with their arch nemesis.

That's a WAY bigger slap in the face than whatever is perceived about Allen in this case.

You'd think but I agree with Bob.

Had he gone to any team other than Miami or the Lakers it would be a guaranteed huge ovation.

Him going to Miami makes it iffy.

This Miami/Boston rivalry is only situational at best. It only exists because they have recent playoff history. It's the kind that can and will disappear once either of them stops meeting in the playoffs for a matter of time. It's not even a divisional foe. It used to be Orlando, but now you guys don't meet in the playoffs anymore.

But I see your point. We'll see how it plays out.

For the record, I realize I'm trying to use more logic than the average drunk fan will use :lol:

The Celtics bent over backwards to try to keep him, offering twice what he accepted in Miami.

That makes him the villain. Period.

His reception will be mixed, but the boos will be louder.

Forum List

Back