Dream Act questions

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by Amelia, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119
    If you support the Dream Act, would you agree to the deportation of young people who do not successfully complete two years in the military or in college?

Would you agree to the deportation of the adults who brought their children here illegally?

2. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Deport them all.

The Dream Act is going to be one of the most expensive mistakes we ever made.

3. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    Regardless of the circumstances; if they came here illegally.

They need to be deported back to where they came from.

And get in line like everybody else. Period

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,156
    Children follow their parents; they don't know of and understand the issue of immigration until at least - and maybe not then - high school. Many only speak English, say the pledge each morning in school and celebrate the 4th of July with hot dogs and burgers and baseball.

Having coached little league from pee wees to majors threee seperate times, as well as CYO basketball, kids are kids and they adapt to their environment. The United States is their home and when brought to the United States by their parents are not complict in any crime.

5. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    Then they should have no trouble adapting to the environment of their new country when they get deported with their parents. :cool:

6. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Which crime can a parent commit that allows the children to keep the proceeds of that crime?

If parents KNOW that their children will not benefit from the criminal effort maybe those parents would be less likely to commit the crime.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Wry Catcher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,156
    You're probably right, many will because kids are resilient. Yet I wonder about the rhetoric of conservatives, you know, those people who always claim it's all about personal responsibility. A child brought to this country by his or her parents, who excels in school and is academically eligible to attend our public universities and win scholarships is not rewarded for their hard work.

I think that stinks.

8. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    You can always volunteer to pay their tuition. :D I'll help hook you up. ;)
    Seriously, compare their rights here, to yours in their home country. That's probably why they are here in the first place, granted. Yet, there presence here should not be advancing destabilization here. This is what can't be ignored.

9. Wry Catcher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,156
    I didn't suggest it should be ignored; I simple offered my opinion that these kids are not complicit in the crime.
    I'd prefer that those who employ persons not legally able to work in this country be put in jail - actually, a Federal Prison and placed on Federal Probation for 10 years, be required to pay into social security and medicare the monies due if the employee had been a legal worker.
    Put some teeth into the law and make the employer accountable - most jobs for those not legally able to work will dry up and many of those now working will go home.

10. gallantwarrior

gallantwarrior Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    So far in the boonies, I'm not on google street vi
    Ratings:
    +6,122
    The children of lawbreaking illegals are the responsibility of their parents. It is not the US taxpayers' responsibility to pay for or support these children. The parents made a bad choice and took the risk by coming here illegally. If their children suffer because of that, blame the parents. Don't dun anyone who prefers to see them sent back to wait in line like decent people do.

We already provide a "path to citizenship", let everybody have the same opportunity to walk that path. Stop rewarding cheats, liars, and criminals.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012