Dream Act questions

Children follow their parents; they don't know of and understand the issue of immigration until at least - and maybe not then - high school. Many only speak English, say the pledge each morning in school and celebrate the 4th of July with hot dogs and burgers and baseball.

Having coached little league from pee wees to majors threee seperate times, as well as CYO basketball, kids are kids and they adapt to their environment. The United States is their home and when brought to the United States by their parents are not complict in any crime.

They may not have been complicit in the crime of illegal entry, but they remain here in disregard of I.N.S. regulations. By the time they reach college age, they are breaking the law and should be deported. It matters little what language they speak or what they put on their hot dogs. They don't belong here.

If you support the Dream Act, would you agree to the deportation of young people who do not successfully complete two years in the military or in college?

Those are perfectly reasonable conditions, in the context of due process. Failing to complete school or military service shouldn’t alone result in deportation, but it should trigger an investigation as a prelude to initiating deportation proceedings. Find out why, for example, the student didn’t stay in college and see if those barriers can be addressed to allow a return.
Would you agree to the deportation of the adults who brought their children here illegally?

In most cases both the parents and children came to the US legally, their legal status was lost subsequently, such as overstaying a visa. In cases where the parents provide support for the students – in that deporting the parents would have an adverse effect on the students’ performance – they should be allowed to stay provided the student continues to do well in school. Poor performance, dropping out, expulsion, could result in deportation for both parents and student.

The children of lawbreaking illegals are the responsibility of their parents. It is not the US taxpayers' responsibility to pay for or support these children. The parents made a bad choice and took the risk by coming here illegally. If their children suffer because of that, blame the parents.

It’s un-Constitutional to punish children for the misdeeds of their parents, including undocumented children. See: Plyler v. Doe

In any event, these children are here to stay – few will realize deportation as many were brought to the US as preschoolers, some as infants – they’ve only known the US; attempts to return most to their ‘birth country’ would be cruel and pointless. Consequently, let’s educate them and make them productive members of American society – a country they love and grew up in – rather than driving them underground into poverty and crime.

The children of lawbreaking illegals are the responsibility of their parents. It is not the US taxpayers' responsibility to pay for or support these children. The parents made a bad choice and took the risk by coming here illegally. If their children suffer because of that, blame the parents. Don't dun anyone who prefers to see them sent back to wait in line like decent people do.

We already provide a "path to citizenship", let everybody have the same opportunity to walk that path. Stop rewarding cheats, liars, and criminals.

There is nothing gallant in a warrior who is a bully.

kids are kids and they adapt to their environment.
Then they should have no trouble adapting to the environment of their new country when they get deported with their parents. :cool:

You're probably right, many will because kids are resilient. Yet I wonder about the rhetoric of conservatives, you know, those people who always claim it's all about personal responsibility. A child brought to this country by his or her parents, who excels in school and is academically eligible to attend our public universities and win scholarships is not rewarded for their hard work.

I think that stinks.

A kid "who excels in school and is academically eligible to attend our public universities and win scholarships" would have been rewarded for their hard work, had they done it in their own country.
Joe the bank robber takes 10 grand in a break-in at your house. Joe goes to prison, but since his kid excelled "in school and is academically eligible to attend our public universities and win scholarships", he should keep your money?

Children follow their parents; they don't know of and understand the issue of immigration until at least - and maybe not then - high school. Many only speak English, say the pledge each morning in school and celebrate the 4th of July with hot dogs and burgers and baseball.

Having coached little league from pee wees to majors threee seperate times, as well as CYO basketball, kids are kids and they adapt to their environment. The United States is their home and when brought to the United States by their parents are not complict in any crime.

They may not have been complicit in the crime of illegal entry, but they remain here in disregard of I.N.S. regulations. By the time they reach college age, they are breaking the law and should be deported. It matters little what language they speak or what they put on their hot dogs. They don't belong here.

Neither do you; find a time machine and move back to Germany, circa 1938.

When these college age kids find out they are here illegally they demand the Dream Act, but they do NOT try to become legal citizens. They don't want to be citizens, they want the citizens to pay for their education.

All these little illegals can still go to college without the Dream Act. They just have to pay for it same as any other American citizen.

In most cases both the parents and children came to the US legally, their legal status was lost subsequently, such as overstaying a visa.
Do you have a link or evidence to support your statement?

Most of the illegals that I have personally known.

Just slipped thru the border illegally and stayed.

And now have fake SSN and other documentation. :doubt:

If you support the Dream Act, would you agree to the deportation of young people who do not successfully complete two years in the military or in college?

Those are perfectly reasonable conditions, in the context of due process. Failing to complete school or military service shouldn’t alone result in deportation, but it should trigger an investigation as a prelude to initiating deportation proceedings. Find out why, for example, the student didn’t stay in college and see if those barriers can be addressed to allow a return.
Would you agree to the deportation of the adults who brought their children here illegally?

In most cases both the parents and children came to the US legally, their legal status was lost subsequently, such as overstaying a visa. In cases where the parents provide support for the students – in that deporting the parents would have an adverse effect on the students’ performance – they should be allowed to stay provided the student continues to do well in school. Poor performance, dropping out, expulsion, could result in deportation for both parents and student.

The children of lawbreaking illegals are the responsibility of their parents. It is not the US taxpayers' responsibility to pay for or support these children. The parents made a bad choice and took the risk by coming here illegally. If their children suffer because of that, blame the parents.

It’s un-Constitutional to punish children for the misdeeds of their parents, including undocumented children. See: Plyler v. Doe

In any event, these children are here to stay – few will realize deportation as many were brought to the US as preschoolers, some as infants – they’ve only known the US; attempts to return most to their ‘birth country’ would be cruel and pointless. Consequently, let’s educate them and make them productive members of American society – a country they love and grew up in – rather than driving them underground into poverty and crime.

Can we still send their dirtbag parents back to where they came from...oh, no special dispensation for "family members". We need to stop rewarding criminals.

In most cases both the parents and children came to the US legally, their legal status was lost subsequently, such as overstaying a visa.

That makes it all OK, does it? So I robbed you house 10 years ago. I still have all your valuables, but since you have no proof they're yours, I get to keep them?

P.S. I know, and work with, many immigrants who are here legally, some of whom have become legal citizens. You know what they think of your cheating, lying criminals? Not much.

I was born here in 1949, my father in 1917 and my grandfather immigrated here legally from Germany in 1894. I belong here. Illegal immigrants, do not. Zu verstehen?

Last edited:
I agree that if they came here illegally they should be deported. One exception would be Gerado who works a taco truck in North Phoenix. The BEST carnitas. He stays!

That was pretty stupid/illogical.

I agree that if they came here illegally they should be deported. One exception would be Gerado who works a taco truck in North Phoenix. The BEST carnitas. He stays!

That sounds reasonable. Get Congress on the horn!

The children of lawbreaking illegals are the responsibility of their parents. It is not the US taxpayers' responsibility to pay for or support these children. The parents made a bad choice and took the risk by coming here illegally. If their children suffer because of that, blame the parents. Don't dun anyone who prefers to see them sent back to wait in line like decent people do.

We already provide a "path to citizenship", let everybody have the same opportunity to walk that path. Stop rewarding cheats, liars, and criminals.

There is nothing gallant in a warrior who is a bully.

I fail to see where insisting that everyone obey the law is bullying. If they want to be in this country legitimately, let them go back where their parents took them from and let them apply using the same process every other prospective citizen must abide by. Just because their parents are liars and cheats should not mean they have some inherent advantage above all the other people who want to come to this country. All the other people who are following the rules.

Thanks for taking a shot at my question! Much appreciated.

I fail to see where insisting that everyone obey the law is bullying.

Yet you and others advocate violating the Constitution and its case law in an effort to deport undocumented children.

Just because their parents are liars and cheats should not mean they have some inherent advantage above all the other people who want to come to this country.

No one said they did.

This issue is children who came to the US legally, and subsequently lost that legal status through no fault of their own.

I had illegals who did our lawn in Houston. I speak Spanish so we talked pretty often. Great guys. I wouldn't deport them at all.
Probably the only illegals I would deport would be those who have a criminal record at home or have committed a crime here. I see no threat from them. Not physically or job-wise.

I would imagine that might put me in juuuust a bit of disagreement with some of the people here.

I had illegals who did our lawn in Houston. I speak Spanish so we talked pretty often. Great guys. I wouldn't deport them at all.
Probably the only illegals I would deport would be those who have a criminal record at home or have committed a crime here. I see no threat from them. Not physically or job-wise.
I am sure that they were great guys.

But let them be great guys in their country not ours. :cool:

I fail to see where insisting that everyone obey the law is bullying.

Yet you and others advocate violating the Constitution and its case law in an effort to deport undocumented children.

Just because their parents are liars and cheats should not mean they have some inherent advantage above all the other people who want to come to this country.

No one said they did.

This issue is children who came to the US legally, and subsequently lost that legal status through no fault of their own.

You quote the Constitution where undocumented aliens are supported. There is some question as to the legality of "anchor babies". Spawning offspring who may be "legal" does not confer "legality" on the criminal parents.
If the parents are in the USA illegally, so are the brats.

Forum List

Back