Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

Al Gore Jr. isn't a "strong supporter" of civil rights at all.

In fact, he had an opportunity at Al Gore Sr's funeral to denounce him but actually didn't. That shows me where his true feelings are.
Al Gore hasn't been in office for almost 25 years.

Interestingly, the US invaded Canada several times: the War of 1812, and the lesser known Finian Raids. Canada fucked the invaders hard. Never mess with Canada. They have never lost a war, eh!

Dr King saved us from violent revolution and saved us from our own immoral treatment of blacks. We were not the great country we claimed to be.

He was a great American Patriot, as deserving of honor as our Founding Fathers.
I’m perfectly fine with honoring his life, work and his memory. (I don’t need your self-serving lectures about what a good man he was in that regard. Your virtue signaling is creepy.)

But there are only about 261 working days in a year minus a boat load of holidays. Each new national holiday subtracts one more of those days. Economically, these holidays have a genuine economic impact.

Does recognition of Dr. King require another lost work day? Probably not. There ought to be better ways for us to note his contributions. (I mean, we did combine various presidential birthdays into one “President’s Day.” So we do grasp this concept.)

Last edited:
I was a teenager in the 1960's and I remember Dr. King being vilified and called a "communist" by the right. I remember he was disparaged, mocked and hated.

You don’t remember that. What you do remember is that some people did that.
The radical right shot and killed the man,
No no, stupid. That was just one crazed asshole. James Earl Ray. He isn’t a stand in for any part of “the right.”
and it took until the turn of the century for the nation to honour him.
I don’t know what country you’re from, but wherever it is, you aren’t an American. And it only took 15 years from his assassination to having his holiday become law. So your “facts” are inaccurate at best.
Even then, Republicans staunchly opposed MLK Day.

Reagan signed that law, you dishonest dolt.

Forum List

Back