Dr. Ford should be a Cautionary Tale

Toob, when you have that chat with teenaged boys, will you tell them it's okay as long as they are wearing a sexy outfit?

Did I ever say that? Why can't you at least have a VALID argument? Just because it is WRONG or just because you tell your kids it is WRONG doesn't mean it won't happen. So why INVITE IT? There are two sides to every coin and the other side to this is girls not walking around half naked making guys drool with their tongues hanging out! There is a big difference between looking cute and pretty and dressing like a whore. You don't have to look like a slut to be attractive. Indeed, the "good girls," the ones usually more worth going after usually do dress more conservatively. It all comes down to what parents let their kids look like. No one can walk around half naked then be entirely surprised and blameless if then some kid with hyper-active hormones cannot deal with it. Just as starving people in as mountainous crash site have been known to eat friends to stay alive, hunger, extreme sex drive, lack of money or freezing cold can drive many a person to do crazy, and WRONG things.

Clothing is NOT an invitation. To anything. It doesn't matter one iota what someone is wearing, it is never an invitation to sexual assault of any kind. Ever. Got it?
Clothing counts and get attention if you don't think so you need to think somemore about it.

I don't have to think about shit, you need to back off of justifying sexual assault being okay because of someone's attire. What someone, anyone, wears IS NOT AN INVITATION TO SEXUAL ASSAULT OR RAPE. That is a fact. Deal with it.
You can ignore reality all you want, doesn't mean the rest of us have too.

Really? Your reality is that, depending on what a woman is wearing, she's asking for it? She wants it? You're kidding, right?

Did I ever say that? Why can't you at least have a VALID argument? Just because it is WRONG or just because you tell your kids it is WRONG doesn't mean it won't happen. So why INVITE IT? There are two sides to every coin and the other side to this is girls not walking around half naked making guys drool with their tongues hanging out! There is a big difference between looking cute and pretty and dressing like a whore. You don't have to look like a slut to be attractive. Indeed, the "good girls," the ones usually more worth going after usually do dress more conservatively. It all comes down to what parents let their kids look like. No one can walk around half naked then be entirely surprised and blameless if then some kid with hyper-active hormones cannot deal with it. Just as starving people in as mountainous crash site have been known to eat friends to stay alive, hunger, extreme sex drive, lack of money or freezing cold can drive many a person to do crazy, and WRONG things.

Clothing is NOT an invitation. To anything. It doesn't matter one iota what someone is wearing, it is never an invitation to sexual assault of any kind. Ever. Got it?
Clothing counts and get attention if you don't think so you need to think somemore about it.

I don't have to think about shit, you need to back off of justifying sexual assault being okay because of someone's attire. What someone, anyone, wears IS NOT AN INVITATION TO SEXUAL ASSAULT OR RAPE. That is a fact. Deal with it.

Really? Your reality is that, depending on what a woman is wearing, she's asking for it? She wants it? You're kidding, right?
Never said that but your blind insistence that dress plays no role is ignorant as claiming that dress is the only thing that matters.

Never said that but your blind insistence that dress plays no role is ignorant as claiming that dress is the only thing that matters.

No, it's not. You can disagree all you want, but you'll still be wrong.

No, it's not. You can disagree all you want, but you'll still be wrong.
Go ahead be JUST as STUPID, IGNORANT and uninformed as you chose to be.

Regardless of the politics, one thing became very clear, not only with Dr. Ford's testimony but with the accusation against Roy Moore. Our girls need to be taught that if they are assaulted, they need to "tell," right then and there. Our boys need to be taught that sexual pleasure cannot be a game of force. And all kids need to have frank discussions with adults they trust about what drinking too much can lead to. Not preaching, but honestly talking about it.

Many of us at USMB are parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, or have close relationships with young people who apparently need to hear the message. It is up to us to steer kids right.

Girls need to understand that even if they made the mistake of going to an underage drinking party and maybe drank too much, it is not a boy's right to force her to do anything against her will. Boys need to understand that girls' privacy and preference needs to be respected. Assault is assault. Boys don't feel that if they drink too much at a party, others have the right to break their nose; there is only a difference because women's rights to their sexuality has not completely moved from the Dark Ages yet.

Hopefully a lot of parents have used this as a teachable moment. Waiting 30 years to tell someone that you were sexually assaulted, whether it was a drunk boy at a party or a priest, is waiting too long. And there is no reason to wait, no reason to be ashamed or afraid.

Right on, OL. You only left one thing out. If girls don't want to send the wrong message, they shouldn't wear skin tight jeans up the crack of their ass and their boobs hanging out or skirts that barely cover their ass. Promiscuous apparel sends the wrong message, and while maybe only wanting to "look sexy," girls are also putting red light sex alerts in a lot of guy's heads. Like sticking your head under the tire of a running car, just as IN THEORY, the brake should hold the car from moving, guys SHOULD control themselves, but that is no guarantee either will. Sometimes when you ask for bad things to happen and gamble they won't, you gamble WRONG.
Toob, when you have that chat with teenaged boys, will you tell them it's okay as long as they are wearing a sexy outfit?
I very much object to Beyonce type performances but that is what young girls grow up thinking is cool and popular, and when I was a teenager I wore hot pants and platform shoes just like everyone else. I wasn't being a slut. I was being in fashion.
Naw, thems the fags.

This might not be PC, but I gotta say it anyway:

If you walk, talk, dress, and act like a slut then you shouldn't be too surprised if some guys treat you that way. Does that make you fair game for unwanted sexual advances? No, of course not but if that's what you're doing then you are sending non-verbal signals that some might interpret as advertising. IOW, you ain't helping the situation any.

If I had a daughter or granddaughter or some young female person I cared about, I'd sit her down and tell her the facts of life about booze, drugs, and sex. They don't mix well for young ladies, and you don't want to associate with those who mess with that stuff. Do not put yourself in a place or situation where you could become a victim, simple as that. Doesn't mean it's your fault if something unfortunate happens to you, cuz you should have the right to say NO and that oughta end the trouble you might find yourself in. But sometimes it doesn't, there are people who won't take NO for an answer so the best way to avoid such people is not to be with their company in the 1st place. If you see guys drinking, you better get your sweet ass outta wherever you are and PDQ too. Get out of Dodge and call somebody, even the cops to come and get you. And start walking.

For the guys, NO means NO. My dad was very clear about that, no touching in the 1st place unless she says it's okay and when she says NO that's it, it's over. It ain't easy sometimes when you're aroused but that's the way it has to be and if you don't stop then guys have got to be informed about the consequences, as in prison and what it means to be identified as a sex offender.

I dunno what kids learn in school these days about stuff like this, but I'm guessing they ain't learning it at home. Not enough of them anyway, maybe part of the problem is not enough kids have dads to lay down the law. Sometimes I think parents forget that their kids are kids and they need supervision and they need rules and they need to know why the rules exist.

Regardless of the politics, one thing became very clear, not only with Dr. Ford's testimony but with the accusation against Roy Moore. Our girls need to be taught that if they are assaulted, they need to "tell," right then and there. Our boys need to be taught that sexual pleasure cannot be a game of force. And all kids need to have frank discussions with adults they trust about what drinking too much can lead to. Not preaching, but honestly talking about it.

Many of us at USMB are parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, or have close relationships with young people who apparently need to hear the message. It is up to us to steer kids right.

Girls need to understand that even if they made the mistake of going to an underage drinking party and maybe drank too much, it is not a boy's right to force her to do anything against her will. Boys need to understand that girls' privacy and preference needs to be respected. Assault is assault. Boys don't feel that if they drink too much at a party, others have the right to break their nose; there is only a difference because women's rights to their sexuality has not completely moved from the Dark Ages yet.

Hopefully a lot of parents have used this as a teachable moment. Waiting 30 years to tell someone that you were sexually assaulted, whether it was a drunk boy at a party or a priest, is waiting too long. And there is no reason to wait, no reason to be ashamed or afraid.

Right on, OL. You only left one thing out. If girls don't want to send the wrong message, they shouldn't wear skin tight jeans up the crack of their ass and their boobs hanging out or skirts that barely cover their ass. Promiscuous apparel sends the wrong message, and while maybe only wanting to "look sexy," girls are also putting red light sex alerts in a lot of guy's heads. Like sticking your head under the tire of a running car, just as IN THEORY, the brake should hold the car from moving, guys SHOULD control themselves, but that is no guarantee either will. Sometimes when you ask for bad things to happen and gamble they won't, you gamble WRONG.

No. I don't GOT IT. When you dress to leave nothing to the imagination and to show ALL THAT YOU HAVE, just an INCH from your view or grasp, like or not LOSER, you are putting up a subliminal message to the lizard brain buried deep in our psyche that we have had as animals going back millions of years that YOU ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS. It's called BIOLOGY, Dude.

That you want men to look at you, want you, and you want to be desired. And if you're doing all of that, maybe you just might be hot to trot too! That is just an invitation to come a knockin' at the door. Some guys knock politely, some guys pound, and some guys just flat out kick the damned door in. Got it?!

If you don't want no one knockin' at your door, don't go sending out white-hot smoke signals that you are OPEN FOR FUCKING BUSINESS. Cause want it or not, you sure as hell are advertising for it.

My question for you is, if a boy and girl both get so blottoed that neither of them can barely remember what happened. . .

. . . let's say they then have sex. He doesn't mean to, he doesn't even really know what happened, they were both just terribly drunk and kissing, making out heavy, last thing he remembered. . . .

. . . her, the same. . . .

The next morning she goes home and feels awful about herself, what she did, how much she drank, the blacking out, all of it. She makes the decision that he took advantage of her and raped her. She notifies him.

To be honest? He doesn't even remember much about the previous night. Girls simply do not understand there is no "forcing" going on. These institutions are taking the position that if a girls cannot remember the act, it is "non-consensual," yet if the guy cannot remember the act? Well, they don't give them the same courtesy. Why the double standard?

I have heard this tale over and over when I was a crisis counselor at University. Now, YOU TELL ME, why is the onus of all this responsibility, all on the guy? Especially if he doesn't remember doing anything anymore than she does?

Is it possible this is what happened that night?

NO ONE'S justifying sexual assault, shithead! But as I've already said, if you are going to walk around half naked that every man on the street a gawking at you imagining you naked (with very little effort), it must be because YOU WANT THEM TO. You are "showing off," you want to "attract attention," create desire (lust) and the FACT OF LIFE is that you just might attract more desire than you bargained for.

THAT's BIOLOGY, Jack. Built into us.

When you leave your house, you don't leave the front door wide open and unlocked, do you? Why? Because that would be inviting someone to rob you. Would you say: So what if the house was WIDE OPEN, that doesn't justify robbery! Well, SURE! It doesn't make the robbery right, asshole, but only an IDIOT would be surprised if he left his house wide open and unattended then got robbed! That's why they invented locks. And while the police would still treat it as a crime, they'd sure as hell want to know why you made your house so available and inviting. It's called CULPABLE NEGLIGENCE.

So what is so hard for you to understand that a similar situation applies to women dressing as whores? Slutty attire is designed to SHOW OFF what you have and it advertises SEX to everyone that sees you. You don't put the stuff on BY ACCIDENT with no idea what it shows, so you WANT men to leer at you, and if somehow, you get assaulted, like it or not dimwit, you partly ASKED or INVITED IT TO HAPPEN. That's not justification. That doesn't make it OK. It merely EXPLAINS WHY IT HAPPENED. It takes TWO to tango, fruitcake. FACT OF LIFE.

If I put an open jar of honey out on my patio, can I ONLY blame the ants when they come along and take it?

I do agree with you about teaching our kids to speak up......but it can't stop there either. We also have to teach them to not make false accusations as well. If they are at a party that gets out of hand they better pay attention to some details to give a credible report so it doesn't happen again to someone else

My question for you is, if a boy and girl both get so blottoed that neither of them can barely remember what happened. . .

. . . let's say they then have sex. He doesn't mean to, he doesn't even really know what happened, they were both just terribly drunk and kissing, making out heavy, last thing he remembered. . . .

The next morning she goes home and feels awful about herself, what she did, how much she drank, the blacking out, all of it. She makes the decision that he took advantage of her and raped her. She notifies him.

To be honest? He doesn't even remember much about the previous night. Girls simply do not understand there is no "forcing" going on. These institutions are taking the position that if a girls cannot remember the act, it is "non-consensual," yet if the guy cannot remember the act? Well, they don't give them the same courtesy. Why the double standard?

I have heard this tale over and over when I was a crisis counselor at University. Now, YOU TELL ME, why is the onus of all this responsibility, all on the guy? Especially if he doesn't remember doing anything anymore than she does?

No one knows all of what happened that night and we never will. That is not what this thread is about.

As for girls who have second thoughts the next day, I have never personally known a woman to absolve herself of guilt by crying rape. Most young women are pretty matter of fact about sexual relations these days. I have heard lots of men use it as an excuse for rape allegations. I wonder if all these girls who felt so ashamed the next day REALLY "made the decision that he took advantage of her and raped her." Or did you decide that was what going on, based on your sympathy for the boy in the situation?
Men are larger, stronger and they have the penis. They are responsible for keeping that penis where it belongs. There is no way to tell if a person is so drunk they won't remember it later, but there is certainly a way to tell if they are shit faced drunk. Why you would even want to go to bed with that, I don't know, except I know you guys will fuck a knothole when the mood is upon you.

Sorry, Mr Beale. Not buying it.

View attachment 220641 View attachment 220642 View attachment 220643 View attachment 220644 View attachment 220645 View attachment 220646 View attachment 220647 View attachment 220648

Honest, officer, I was just walking along minding my own business when these guys started leering at me and whistling! It really made me feel uncomfortable. I don't know what was wrong with them! Then one of the guys said some offensive things to me and even tried to grab me! Those horrible men! They're ANIMALS! I don't know where they get off acting like that and I demand you do something about it! A woman ain't safe on the street anymore!

In the animal kingdom, when a bitch is in heat, she puts out a signal she's ready to mate and she attracts males from miles around. Dogs go by SCENT. People operate VISUALLY. If you walk around like in the pictures above and try to say you weren't trying to attract sexual interest (in the vernacular being HOT), you're either a damned LIAR or a damned idiot. It may not justify assault, but it sure as heck doesn't make it all too surprising and unexpected, anymore than if I walked around with a fistful of hundred dollar bills hanging out my back pocket. It might not make robbery justified, but only a fool would think it unexpected and not INVITED.
Toob I am going to request these cheesecake pics be removed from my thread. They are totally antithetical to the point I am trying to make here. Just so you understand.

NO ONE'S justifying sexual assault, shithead! But as I've already said, if you are going to walk around half naked that every man on the street a gawking at you imagining you naked (with very little effort), it must be because YOU WANT THEM TO. You are "showing off," you want to "attract attention," create desire (lust) and the FACT OF LIFE is that you just might attract more desire than you bargained for.

THAT's BIOLOGY, Jack. Built into us.

When you leave your house, you don't leave the front door wide open and unlocked, do you? Why? Because that would be inviting someone to rob you. Would you say: So what if the house was WIDE OPEN, that doesn't justify robbery! Well, SURE! It doesn't make the robbery right, asshole, but only an IDIOT would be surprised if he left his house wide open and unattended then got robbed! That's why they invented locks. And while the police would still treat it as a crime, they'd sure as hell want to know why you made your house so available and inviting. It's called CULPABLE NEGLIGENCE.

So what is so hard for you to understand that a similar situation applies to women dressing as whores? Slutty attire is designed to SHOW OFF what you have and it advertises SEX to everyone that sees you. You don't put the stuff on BY ACCIDENT with no idea what it shows, so you WANT men to leer at you, and if somehow, you get assaulted, like it or not dimwit, you partly ASKED or INVITED IT TO HAPPEN. That's not justification. That doesn't make it OK. It merely EXPLAINS WHY IT HAPPENED. It takes TWO to tango, fruitcake. FACT OF LIFE.

If I put an open jar of honey out on my patio, can I ONLY blame the ants when they come along and take it?
I hear your point. I am sure the parents of teenaged girls all over the country have said the words "Un huh--you are not going out in that" more than once. When I was a girl, your skirt had to be short in order to be cool, and I don't know about boys but girls are extremely self conscious at that age and what they wear makes all the difference. Wearing a skirt that touched the knees was totally NOT COOL and we wouldn't be caught dead at our own funeral in something like that. So our mothers would make us put on the skirt that skimmed the knee caps, and as soon as we were out of the house we would roll it up to half way to our crotch BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT WAS IN STYLE. It is what Twiggy and Nancy Sinatra and every model in Seventeen magazine was wearing.

If your argument was valid, rape would be endemic at public beaches all over the country. It has to do with the party atmosphere, generally, and boys' expectation that they will "get some" at one of these shindigs. I'm not wearing a burka to help you out with your lack of self control, sorry.

Told my girls the same rules and why guys are strange at that age. No very bright. I sent to Martial arts also which came in handy at least once. She was the only one of color in the class.
What were the others "of"? Of translucence?

I agree, but I suspect you have minimized how most boys and young men have controlled themselves appropriately, for a long time. Society forces it on us in one way or another. Not so much with girls.

For example, when I was in sixth grade in the early 70s, one of my buddies got severely punished for using a mirror to look under our teacher’s skirt. The principal paddled him hard and his dad did worse. It was a lesson every boy in my school learned well.

Another example, while in high school a buddy got a tough beating by his girlfriend’s three older brothers, after getting caught groping her. Another lesson we all learned well.

My point is most boys learn early to respect girls. I don’t think the same applies to girls.

She waited 36 YEARS, not 30. Also, she waited until the timing was politically critical. Why? Why come out now? I will tell you why. She is a Far Left activist, and is getting paid. Book deal to follow. Watch.

No one knows all of what happened that night and we never will. That is not what this thread is about.

As for girls who have second thoughts the next day, I have never personally known a woman to absolve herself of guilt by crying rape. Most young women are pretty matter of fact about sexual relations these days. I have heard lots of men use it as an excuse for rape allegations. I wonder if all these girls who felt so ashamed the next day REALLY "made the decision that he took advantage of her and raped her." Or did you decide that was what going on, based on your sympathy for the boy in the situation?
Men are larger, stronger and they have the penis. They are responsible for keeping that penis where it belongs. There is no way to tell if a person is so drunk they won't remember it later, but there is certainly a way to tell if they are shit faced drunk. Why you would even want to go to bed with that, I don't know, except I know you guys will fuck a knothole when the mood is upon you.

Sorry, Mr Beale. Not buying it.
You mention this incident should be a lesson learned, yet apparently you learned nothing from Duke Rape case of years ago. Women make false allegations often. Your ignoring this fact exposes you.

She is believe me. Men all over the country are gearing up to protect themselves against false rape claims and women who have been raped, well, good luck in proving it thanks to filthy democrats.

I agree, but I suspect you have minimized how most boys and young men have controlled themselves appropriately, for a long time. Society forces it on us in one way or another. Not so much with girls.

For example, when I was in sixth grade in the early 70s, one of my buddies got severely punished for using a mirror to look under our teacher’s skirt. The principal paddled him hard and his dad did worse. It was a lesson every boy in my school learned well.

Another example, while in high school a buddy got a tough beating by his girlfriend’s three older brothers, after getting caught groping her. Another lesson we all learned well.

My point is most boys learn early to respect girls. I don’t think the same applies to girls.
You are right, of course, and my own experience has been that the majority of boys DO know how to respect girls. I am sorry my argument sounded as if they don't.
I don't know what you mean about "I don't think the same applies to girls." What is it about boys that they do not respect?

You are right, of course, and my own experience has been that the majority of boys DO know how to respect girls. I am sorry my argument sounded as if they don't.
I don't know what you mean about "I don't think the same applies to girls." What is it about boys that they do not respect?
Girls don’t learn the lessons boys do. I suppose this is appropriate and natural considering as you say, boys are bigger stronger and have the male part. However girls are not taught to never make false allegations, while boys are taught to never force themselves on girls. So there is a bit of a disconnect.

Forum List

Back