Its not inflation, its price-gouging

I don't know man. I got a lot of hangups with tax policies used to address short term assholery, the precedents they set, who uses them down the line, etc. Some legitimate wonk on the issues of "Windfall Profits" needs to post in, not on a emotional level but with the issues and arguments in general, not just to attack the oil industry. I see what you are saying and like it no better than you, but hesitant to ask for more intervention from this administration on it. I voted for Joe, but he and his administration fk up a lot, on a lot of different crap, often in the way they go about it. Makes me hesitant to ask, as afraid of what we might get or what it means, down the road.

I got a lot of hangups with tax policies used to address short term assholery,

Warren and Bernie are authors of long-term assholery.

Do you remember, after Obama had the goverment take over college loans, Warren was saying that the government was making tens of billions in profits on the loans and it was unfair for the government to make a profit on the backs of students? Now she thinks it's unfair for the government to ask the students to even repay the loans. Instead of tens of billions in profits, the government is looking at hundreds of billions in defaults/losses.

Anyone with such an awful track record has a lot of nerve coming up with another "fix" for the economy.

Yes, Joe Biden has been very good for Big Oil. What did you expect?

Let's go, Brandon!

It wasn't Joe Biden who told OPEC to keep production low so that American oil companies could increase their profits as the pandemic ended, it was Donald Trump - in December 2020, just as the vaccines were approved and any fool could have seen demand going up as vaccinated nations got back to real life.

Just like Trump refusing the WHO covid tests so American companies could profit from the "rights" to a "made in America test", Trump put American corporations ahead of the American people. Both with disastrous consequences.

Let's see how Biden now twists OPEC's wrist and gets the increase to pre-pandemic production levels the world needs.

I got a lot of hangups with tax policies used to address short term assholery,

Warren and Bernie are authors of long-term assholery.

Do you remember, after Obama had the goverment take over college loans, Warren was saying that the government was making tens of billions in profits on the loans and it was unfair for the government to make a profit on the backs of students? Now she thinks it's unfair for the government to ask the students to even repay the loans. Instead of tens of billions in profits, the government is looking at hundreds of billions in defaults/losses.

Anyone with such an awful track record has a lot of nerve coming up with another "fix" for the economy.
See what I mean? Somebody wants this administration, that includes by association Bernie and Warren writing some executive order or tax code, on a windfall profit tax? I'll tell ya. The laws of unexpected consequence, raise the hair on the back of my neck. I'm just not comfortable.

It wasn't Joe Biden who told OPEC to keep production low so that American oil companies could increase their profits as the pandemic ended, it was Donald Trump - in December 2020

Didn't the new president think he should tell OPEC to increase their production?
Did he forget? Maybe they listened to the last guy but realize the new guy is a joke?

See what I mean? Somebody wants this administration, that includes by association Bernie and Warren writing some executive order or tax code, on a windfall profit tax? I'll tell ya. The laws of unexpected consequence, raise the hair on the back of my neck. I'm just not comfortable.

Just the idiots want that.

The laws of unexpected consequence,

Their idiocy has many expected consequences, all bad.

Just the idiots want that.

The laws of unexpected consequence,

Their idiocy has many expected consequences, all bad.
I haven't seen a single administration since Papa Bush, pay the slightest attention to the law of unexpected or unintended consequence. Every administration, (Democrat and Republican) over and over, they all think they are so GD smart and always FK sht up worse.

I haven't seen a single administration since Papa Bush, pay the slightest attention to the law of unexpected or unintended consequence. Every administration, (Democrat and Republican) over and over, they all think they are so GD smart and always FK sht up worse.

Can't deny the idiocy of most governments when it comes to economics.....and most everything else.

pUtiN's PriCE hiKE!
Are you still butthurt that I kicked your ass and humiliated you in that bullshit thread you posted?
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif

Walmart: What ever could be causing these relentlessly rising prices for everyday goods?

Also Walmart: Our quarterly revenues and profits were seven percent higher than a year earlier!

1677025301824.png

1677025340349.png

Forum List

Back