Dow futures slump more than 300 points as fears of a U.S.-China trade war ratchet up

This happens every time a new round of tariff reporting kicks off, then the sky doesn't fall and market continues on....gee it wouldn't be globalists trying to reinforce their talking points could it

To hear the Wall Street types and the Foreign Affairs TC crowd, Red China Is the New Shining Hope For The World Economy N Stuff! McRocket here is merely trying to get their attention and approval as a major suck ass or something; these clowns think they will get Big Important Jobs N Stuff if they suck up to the assorted international criminal syndicates, their money launderers, and labor racketeers on the innernetz. they think they're going to get valuable insider trading tips in their E-Mails.

Maybe we should send him some ourselves.

'U.S. stock futures fell sharply on Tuesday, as global equities careened lower on a fresh threat by President Donald Trump to slap up to $400 billion more in tariffs on China goods, the latest escalation in a worrying trade dispute.'

Dow futures slump more than 300 points as fears of a U.S.-China trade war ratchet up

The DOW will now probably open down for the year...mostly thanks to Trump's stupid trade policies.

Wait for Trump to see the money drain out, and then what him change.

So in your mind massive trade deficits aren't 'drains'? That's hilarious stuff.

'U.S. stock futures fell sharply on Tuesday, as global equities careened lower on a fresh threat by President Donald Trump to slap up to $400 billion more in tariffs on China goods, the latest escalation in a worrying trade dispute.'

The DOW will now probably open down for the year...mostly thanks to Trump's stupid trade policies.

So you're hopeful for a crash .. is my guess... (being a Democrat and all..)

I'm thinkin all Trump needs is the first domino (trading partner) to fall. The odds are in his favor and the momentum will break your heart, so don't forget the whiskey and beer.. :alcoholic:

Last edited:
What was the question, again? All anybody saw was some stupid 'Trump Sucks' rubbish, no serious questions anywhere.

So you're hopeful for a crash .. is my guess... (being a Democrat and all..)

I'm thinkin all Trump needs is the first domino (trading partner) to fall. The odds are in his favor and the momentum will break your heart, so don't forget the whiskey and beer.. :alcoholic:

everything gets taxed....

everything costs more....

The EU just hit back at Trump with its own tariffs on American goods
EU hits back at Donald Trump with billions in tariffs on Bourbon whiskey, jeans and motorcycles

I've answered your question twice now. A normal adult would get it.
No. You deflected twice, probably because you read something into the post that wasn't there and can't admit it.
Trying to make a large context political/economic "point" based on one morning's Dow futures is silly, ignorant, and transparently partisan. Both ridiculous "ends" do it constantly - take a few hours or one day of market fluctuation and extrapolate it out to the absurd. I get a nice chuckle out of it, every last time.

Tell you what: When I see you celebrating one morning's higher Dow futures and attributing them in a large context to something Trump did, I'll know you're being silly and ignorant, but at least not transparently partisan.

Anyone who has to take this stuff seriously - and I'm one of those people - knows what a ridiculous, comical, shallow thread this is.

One morning's Dow futures can tell us OH SO MUCH. Holy shit. Too funny.

Last edited:
Trying to make a large context political/economic "point" based on one morning's Dow futures is silly, ignorant, and transparently partisan.
Who is doing that? The point is being made on the trade war history and forecasts, Shirley?

(Newser) – The stock market opened on a down note and finished in pretty much the same place, all thanks to investor worries about a possible trade war between the US and China. The Dow lost 287 points to finish at 24,700, enough to wipe out all 2018 gains, reports MarketWatch. The index, which fell for the sixth straight day, is now down 0.1% for the year. The other major markets also fell—the S&P 500 slipped 11, or 0.4%, and the Nasdaq slid 21, or 0.3%.

The problem for investors is that the threats about tariffs and retaliatory moves are only growing more heated between President Trump and Beijing, rather than de-escalating as many had hoped. “It’s mainly the trade war that has created such panic in the market because the latest developments have surpassed the expectations of many people in China,” a senior analyst at Central China Securities tells the Wall Street Journal.
Dow Is Now in the Red for the Year

Trying to make a large context political/economic "point" based on one morning's Dow futures is silly, ignorant, and transparently partisan.
Who is doing that? The point is being made on the trade war history and forecasts, Shirley?

(Newser) – The stock market opened on a down note and finished in pretty much the same place, all thanks to investor worries about a possible trade war between the US and China. The Dow lost 287 points to finish at 24,700, enough to wipe out all 2018 gains, reports MarketWatch. The index, which fell for the sixth straight day, is now down 0.1% for the year. The other major markets also fell—the S&P 500 slipped 11, or 0.4%, and the Nasdaq slid 21, or 0.3%.

The problem for investors is that the threats about tariffs and retaliatory moves are only growing more heated between President Trump and Beijing, rather than de-escalating as many had hoped. “It’s mainly the trade war that has created such panic in the market because the latest developments have surpassed the expectations of many people in China,” a senior analyst at Central China Securities tells the Wall Street Journal.
"Shirley"? I guess that's another insult. I guess that's just the way you guys are.

Find a local advisor and ask them if we pay any attention to this short term stuff. Go ahead. Ask five. All five will agree with me. Find ten.

The press always assigns simplistic reasons to short term fluctuations. And people like you buy it, WHEN it fits your politics. When.

This is my profession, and you're just another partisan.

Last edited:
'Goldman Sachs: Weak stock market returns are ahead even with booming earnings
  • Goldman Sachs strategists raised their corporate earnings forecasts through 2020 but said stocks will see only limited benefit.
  • The bank expects the S&P 500 to rise just 3 percent more in 2018 and about 5 percent in 2019.
  • Market obstacles include rate hikes from the Federal Reserve, the prospect that economic growth will slow after the tax cut benefits begin to diminish, and the rising U.S. budget deficit.'
Goldman Sachs: Weak stock market returns are ahead even with booming earnings

"Shirley"? I guess that's another insult. I guess that's just the way you guys are.

Find a local advisor and ask them if we pay any attention to this short term stuff. Go ahead. Ask five. All five will agree with me. Find ten.

The press always assigns simplistic reasons to short term fluctuations. And people like you buy it, WHEN it fits your politics. When.

Cnm asked you a simple question.

You typed: 'Trying to make a large context political/economic "point" based on one morning's Dow futures is silly, ignorant, and transparently partisan.'

And he asked you 'Who is doing that?'

So...?

Or are you too stupid/immature to answer that INCREDIBLY simple question?

And here is some advice for free. Stop claiming to be an professional investor/advisor...online bragging means nothing. You could be who you say or a 12 year old desperate for attention. It is impossible to know.

You might as well claim to be the Postmaster General.

Last edited:
Well...the DOW lost for the 8'th day in a row (196 points down)...its longest streak since March 2017.

Just sayin'...

Cnm asked you a simple question.

You typed: 'Trying to make a large context political/economic "point" based on one morning's Dow futures is silly, ignorant, and transparently partisan.'

And he asked you 'Who is doing that?'

So...?

Or are you too stupid/immature to answer that INCREDIBLY simple question?

And here is some advice for free. Stop claiming to be an professional investor/advisor...online bragging means nothing. You could be who you say or a 12 year old desperate for attention. It is impossible to know.

You might as well claim to be the Postmaster General.

Well, you are, of course. It's your thread.

Believe what you will. But I know, by this complete meltdown of yours, that you know I'm right.

Pretend whatever you'd like. You're simply out of your league here, in more ways than one.

Forum List

Back