The Wall of Worry Intact

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
I'm reinvesting to get even higher average yield and I'm supposed to worry about FAANG stocks running out of room for exponential growth?

Google, Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Netflix are competing to become the first trillion dollar market cap company. That in turn means that they will have to come up with something like $12.5 billion every quarter for dividends when they reach that market cap goal plus some degree of dividend growth to maintain that market cap goal. That ain't easy to do. Of course going from trillionaire to billionaire is probably a bummer too. So, why all the complacency about reaching the trillion dollar market cap within a year?

Google, Amazon, Facebook and Netflix don't pay a dividend.
Why would any of them, or Apple, have to pay a 5% dividend to maintain a $1 trillion market cap?

You're making less sense than usual.

I'm reinvesting to get even higher average yield and I'm supposed to worry about FAANG stocks running out of room for exponential growth?

Google, Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Netflix are competing to become the first trillion dollar market cap company. That in turn means that they will have to come up with something like $12.5 billion every quarter for dividends when they reach that market cap goal plus some degree of dividend growth to maintain that market cap goal. That ain't easy to do. Of course going from trillionaire to billionaire is probably a bummer too. So, why all the complacency about reaching the trillion dollar market cap within a year?

I was thinking about shorting Netflix; the share price has been rising too fast.

Forum List

Back