Dotheads protest Richard Gere

Discussion in 'General Global Topics' started by Dirt McGirt, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Bad Mother****er

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +503
    What do you expect from a group of uncivilized elephant jockeys who still worship cows? :badgrin:

Protestors in India burn Gere effigies
    By SAM DOLNICK, Associated Press Writer

NEW DELHI - Angry crowds in several Indian cities burned effigies of
    Richard Gere on Monday after he swept a popular Bollywood actress into his arms and kissed her several times during an
    AIDS-awareness event.

HIV/AIDS awareness event in New Delhi were splashed across Monday's front pages in India — a country where sex and public displays of affection are largely taboo.

In Mumbai, members of the right-wing Hindu nationalist group Shiv Sena beat burning effigies of Gere with sticks and set fire to glamorous shots of Shetty.

Similar protests broke out in other cities, including Varanasi, Hinduism's holiest city, and in the northern town of Meerut, where crowds chanted "Down with Shilpa Shetty!"

The two appeared at a press conference in New Delhi on Sunday to highlight the HIV/AIDS epidemic among India's truck drivers. In front of a cheering crowd, Gere kissed the giggling Shetty on the hand, then kissed her on both cheeks before bending her in a full embrace to kiss her cheek again.

"This is a bit too much," Shetty said after the embrace.

On Monday, Shetty tried to stamp out the controversy.

"I understand this is his culture, not ours. But this was not such a big thing or so obscene for people to overreact in such manner," she told the Press Trust of India news agency.

"I understand people's sentiments, but I don't want a foreigner to take bad memories from here," PTI quoted her as saying.

The spokesman for Hindu nationalist party Bharatiya Janata Party condemned the kiss.

"Such a public display is not part of Indian tradition," said Prakash Javadekar, according to PTI.

Shetty, already well-known in India, became an international star after her appearance on the British reality show "Celebrity Big Brother" — another controversial public appearance. A fellow contestant, Jade Goody, sparked international headlines by making allegedly racist comments to Shetty. Mobs took to the streets of India to denounce Goody, and Shetty went on to win the competition.

Gere's screen credits include "Chicago," "Pretty Woman" and "An Officer and a Gentleman."
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070416/ap_en_mo/people_gere_kiss_protests

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Puddles

Puddles Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    as if you dog munchers are any better

3. Dirt McGirt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +503
    So you have no thoughts on how uncivilized and backwards the elephant jockey civilization is? No opinions on Richard Gere? All you can do is resort to name calling as usual, eh Macaca. Figures.

4. akiboy

akiboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39

What the hell did you say? Uncivilized elephant jockeys eh? You think we Indians are backward and worshipping cows makes us ancient does it? Now listen here you piece of shit..You might not give a damn about religion..i dont think you must be even going to Church. Indians are firstly not backward..otherwise we wouldnt have found out the number system or Chess. If we were backward we wouldnt be running 4 out of 10 Silicon Valley startups nor would we be the richest immigrant class in the U.S with nearly 200,000 millionaires. Our film industry wouldnt be overshadowing Hollywood if we were backward nor would have the second largest pool of scientists and engineers in the world...And did you know that the worlds first university was established in India ? Or did you know that apart from U.S and Japan India is the only country to have built a super computer indigenously.

There are so many things you do not know about india..Just because we respect our culture and religion idiots like you call us uncivilized. Dont ever call Indians uncivilized...We dont go about dancing half naked and smoking pot and screwing ladies like some Hollywood actors!

PS:- I forgot..The demonstartions were held by a Hindu fanatic group.well what do you expect from religious fantics like the SHiv Sena(A Hindu religious cult)..There are fanatics in every reiligion..islam , Christianity , Buddhism..you name it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Dirt McGirt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +503
    Relax shithead. This was an inside joke between me and Puddles.

Now go back to making slurpees. :razz:

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Well, your food stinks and it makes you stink ... don't know about the elephant-jockey thing though.

You got one?:eusa_shifty:

7. Dirt McGirt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +503
    Are you kidding me Gunny? The #1 program on Indian TV is Pimp My Ride: Mumbai Style.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Oh snap, yo ride is whack, let's pimp it....

[​IMG]
    Yo, that shitz da Bombay!!

8. Puddles

Puddles Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Stealing material from Aaron...how low can one go

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I prefer the practicality of the pickup truck model at the top. The Euro-racer at the bottom is a bit too flashy for me.:cool:

10. Dirt McGirt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +503
    Nope, I'm just recycling my old material. :D

Why did Puddles register with the Republican party?

Because she thought they were AAA.

[​IMG]