Don't you just LOVE

I loved going to work. Probably because I was the boss. And it was like xmas morning every day because I never knew who would come in wanting to sell me something dirt cheap and I could resell at a huge profit or conducting fashion shows for tourists at one of the local hoity toity resorts for tourists. Then coming home to my second job...which was at home, managing the apartment complex I lived in.

I miss both.

...going to work, every day?

Of course many here won't know anything about that.
But for the working ppl, don't ya think it just gets to be more and more fun as time goes by?

Yeah, me neither.
Yes. Especially when you get a chance to hang out in the ER for 8hrs on a Friday and see all of the interesting people that admissions gets to deal with everyday :)
That would be an interesting occupation in some instances.
Not me... I like my job.
I always loved whatever I was doing most generally too. When you don't like it any longer its time to move on to something new or different to make a living.

Two things to always remember. Best time to go to the ER? Before noon. Especially on a Friday.

Doctors will always schedule inpatient surgeries on Mondays so they can have their weekends free.

On Monday. Be prepared to stand in line.

The thoughts of every ER nurse I ever met.
061e8921-870a-4f18-94b9-d33360ce559d_zpseb99c01e.jpg

But for the working ppl, don't ya think it just gets to be more and more fun as time goes by?

Yeah, me neither.

I used to like my job. I work from home, but they have changed my responsibilities so much, I am looking forward to getting a job outside the home and commuting! Call me crazy :)

I loved going to work. Probably because I was the boss. And it was like xmas morning every day because I never knew who would come in wanting to sell me something dirt cheap and I could resell at a huge profit or conducting fashion shows for tourists at one of the local hoity toity resorts for tourists. Then coming home to my second job...which was at home, managing the apartment complex I lived in.

I miss both.
Used to have a side business selling collectibles. I loved shopping the thrift stores and garage sales finding treasures. Very time consuming though. I had to give it up when I started working 45/50 hr weeks.

Yeah, me neither.
Yes. Especially when you get a chance to hang out in the ER for 8hrs on a Friday and see all of the interesting people that admissions gets to deal with everyday :)
That would be an interesting occupation in some instances.
Not me... I like my job.
I always loved whatever I was doing most generally too. When you don't like it any longer its time to move on to something new or different to make a living.

Two things to always remember. Best time to go to the ER? Before noon. Especially on a Friday.

Doctors will always schedule inpatient surgeries on Mondays so they can have their weekends free.

On Monday. Be prepared to stand in line.

The thoughts of every ER nurse I ever met.
061e8921-870a-4f18-94b9-d33360ce559d_zpseb99c01e.jpg
You do learn very quickly who the "regulars" are. So... Yes. Pretty accurate.

I have learned over the years that if you are an artist, own your own biz and many times when you choose the work for yourself (contract whatever) a lot of people do not consider that a real job.
True. Been there done that for 26 years. Had to correct people a few times. The easiest way is to speak money, everybody understands money.

Avg Joe is not an artist, lol.
I am, I have also been a contractor, owned several businesses of varying types and even a retail store at different points in life. Spent thirteen years being on call 24/7 and certain people who have or had no clue claimed I never worked a "real job".

edit; No clue what Joe does or did for a living.

Fortunately for me and all 21st Century Americans, this is a matter of differing opinions.

Any one of which, when combined with four U.S. dollars, will get you a tasty beverage at $tarbucks.

Nothing matters more than the opinion of someone who matters, eh K.G.? ;)

Fortunately for me and all 21st Century Americans, this is a matter of differing opinions.

Any one of which, when combined with four U.S. dollars, will get you a tasty beverage at $tarbucks.

Nothing matters more than the opinion of someone who matters, eh K.G.? ;)
You have polled the entire world? Wow I take it back. If you say so, it must be true.

i have held many a jobs....from working at a trout farm to a fine china shop....er admitting...property management....the last 10 years...i have worked at a ski slope....selling lift tickets....not demanding....just really cold lol.....i am now retired....grumpy decided with my health and the doctor saying i needed to unstress with the diabetes...i should retire....i was thinking he would change his mind over the summer...but no he hasnt...i like people...or interacting with people....and miss that....i get lonely being at home alone so much....i do realize how lucky i am ...to have this support but damn....it gets too quiet sometimes...

er admitting: fucking assholes come in and put their head on the counter and moan about their migraine and how their head feels like it is in a vise...they can barely move and all.....1/2 hour later when they find out they are not leaving with pain meds (oxies) suddenly not only can they hold their head up but they can cuss you like you are the lowest human on earth...ever seen an entire staff flip the bird as a drug seeker leaves?

Really? I can't think of any that force me to see the world differently. You're talking about entertainers, not scientists. Now, inventions have changed the world, why all the love for the frivolous and none for the people that really matter? I see this all the time, we're supposed to be blown away by the merrymakers.

Forum List

Back