Gob smacked - Struck dumb

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
We can barely see our closest neighbor's house and seldom see them. These are the people I've written about before- rabid right wing, she drives more than 30 miles, one way to mass every single morning, he beats her. Not our kinda people but we make a point of keeping a friendly and neighborly relationship with them, including watching their house when they travel. They do the same for us.

They just got home from a trip and she came to the door earlier with a thank you gift. - pictured below. It was wrapped in fabric so I put it back together to photograph it.

Yes, it really is a roll of toilet paper but this isn't the first time they've given us tp. She does machine embroidery and a couple of xmas's ago, they gave us a beautifully wrapped roll of embroidered toilet paper.

I'm just glad we didn't open either one in front of them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443543819.123035.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443543840.739156.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:dunno:

You know those rabid Right Wing Catholics LOL.

...or do you.

Gosh. Do you really think that only RW catholics can be crazy?

For the record, I disagree.

I included that because, as I said, I have written about these people in the past.

In any event - my mouth is still hanging open.

Gosh. Do you really think that only RW catholics can be crazy?

For the record, I disagree.

I included that because, as I said, I have written about these people in the past.

In any event - my mouth is still hanging open.
close it turddy, you are letting the flies in

That's a bit odd. Perhaps it is meant as a decoration and it must be filled with something?

We can barely see our closest neighbor's house and seldom see them. These are the people I've written about before- rabid right wing, she drives more than 30 miles, one way to mass every single morning, he beats her. Not our kinda people but we make a point of keeping a friendly and neighborly relationship with them, including watching their house when they travel. They do the same for us.

They just got home from a trip and she came to the door earlier with a thank you gift. - pictured below. It was wrapped in fabric so I put it back together to photograph it.

Yes, it really is a roll of toilet paper but this isn't the first time they've given us tp. She does machine embroidery and a couple of xmas's ago, they gave us a beautifully wrapped roll of embroidered toilet paper.

View attachment 51062View attachment 51063

Bizarre. But it's the thought that counts. It must be a good thought on their part?

Bizarre. But it's the thought that counts. It must be a good thought on their part?

That's what we think too. Surely, she means well ...

And they have watched out house when we've traveled. One time, he called to tell us we were hit by a tornado and we appreciate that.

OTOH, he has almost burned down his own house and ours twice. He burns off weeds and it gets away from him. The first time, the flames came right up to weight bearing deck beams that hold the cantilevered deck out over the hill and lake. We drove from our house in town to fight that fire. We were at it until after 10 that night.

At one point, he came over, was standing there talking to me while I had the hose on flames and he was completely ignoring the flames that were right up to the back of his house. When I pointed that out, he said it was no problem but he did go home. Then we could hear her screaming at him to get out there and put out that fire!

It didn't get that close to us the second time but she fell down the hill toward the lake. She said if she had not hit a tree, she would have gone into the lake.

They're pretty wacky but it could be worse. It could be a meth-lab-motorcycle-gang next door.

Wait a minute...you actually think the toilet paper was the gift?

Not sure about that. Or at least...........how much of a difference would it make between tweakers and your neighbors?

And they have watched out house when we've traveled. One time, he called to tell us we were hit by a tornado and we appreciate that.

OTOH, he has almost burned down his own house and ours twice. He burns off weeds and it gets away from him. The first time, the flames came right up to weight bearing deck beams that hold the cantilevered deck out over the hill and lake. We drove from our house in town to fight that fire. We were at it until after 10 that night.

At one point, he came over, was standing there talking to me while I had the hose on flames and he was completely ignoring the flames that were right up to the back of his house. When I pointed that out, he said it was no problem but he did go home. Then we could hear her screaming at him to get out there and put out that fire!

It didn't get that close to us the second time but she fell down the hill toward the lake. She said if she had not hit a tree, she would have gone into the lake.

They're pretty wacky but it could be worse. It could be a meth-lab-motorcycle-gang next door.
LOL Okay. That's a positive attitude. I don't think I could deal with such neighbors.

Not sure about that. Or at least...........how much of a difference would it make between tweakers and your neighbors?

They're old. Quiet. They watch nothing but religious programming and drink all day. One time, she actually offered us straight vodka early in the morning. Can't remember what he drinks.

The house is enormous, very nice but no windows and they can't see the lake at all. She sleeps in this god-awful bedroom that's nothing tiny pink flowers and ruffles. It looks like a Pepto Bismal bottle blew up in there. His bedroom is downstairs in the same room as their storage of such things as paper towels and, oh yeah, toilet paper.

What is it with people who show you around their home? I've always thought that's a bit weird. And, photos on every wall of her. Nobody else - just her.

Yeah, they're flaky as hell but they stay in their house and don't bug us. The only time we hear them is when they're fighting. Then we can hear them screaming at each other.

We have a big lake clean up cook out at the beginning of every summer. All the neighbors on the peninsula get together, bring food, yuk it up and the next morning go out and clean any junk, logs and whatever out of our part of the lake. So, last year, she was wearing dark classes, snapping his head off and he was being SO attentive and overly courteous to her. She turned her head and several people saw her enormous black eye. Lovely folks.

LOL Okay. That's a positive attitude. I don't think I could deal with such neighbors.

They're not very likable, that's for sure. But we seldom see or hear them so don't really mind.

This morning, when she came to the door, she was slurring her words and staggering a bit. And she was driving. They recently wrecked one of their cars and he got a DUI. Truthfully, I'm always a little concerned something will happen to one or both of them and no one will know.

She's nice enough to house sit for you. STFU you ungrateful twit.

Made it a point to meet my new neighbors next door. Moved in earlier this Summer. Brought the mom a tray of lasagna for her and her 3 kids. That Friday then brought her a plate of cookies. She seems nice. :)

Forum List

Back