Don't worry about michelle

Wow...I've missed so much. Sorry I've been away from my computer all day. I have to work like those struggling middle class people out there with Harvard degrees and lawyer backgrounds. Somehow, though, I doubt that I'll ever get to take my wife on a date to NY aboard AFO and let her have 24 aides to meet her every need.

I'm not elite enough for that. Just a hard working American with bills to pay, kids to feed and an axe to grind. Thank God for USMB! Where else can a guy come home from a long day of work and sit down and exchange insults with the leftist sheep.

Maybe I'll make BOD's day and start a new thread about this. LOL....

On second thought, I think I'll just turn off the computer and spend some time with my non elitist family.

Good night to those who can take me seriously.

You are trying too hard to be self-effacing. But, whatever floats your boat.

Nahhhh...just sarcastic as hell. LOL

Wow...I've missed so much. Sorry I've been away from my computer all day. I have to work like those struggling middle class people out there with Harvard degrees and lawyer backgrounds. Somehow, though, I doubt that I'll ever get to take my wife on a date to NY aboard AFO and let her have 24 aides to meet her every need.

I'm not elite enough for that. Just a hard working American with bills to pay, kids to feed and an axe to grind. Thank God for USMB! Where else can a guy come home from a long day of work and sit down and exchange insults with the leftist sheep.

On second thought, I think I'll just turn off the computer and spend some time with my non elitist family.

You are trying too hard to be self-effacing. But, whatever floats your boat.

Nahhhh...just sarcastic as hell. LOL

Oh, was that was it was? For a minute there, you sounded like an Aggie.

Again, the Bush family didn't pretend to be different, didn't pretend they would CHANGE the country the way many HOPED they would.

The Bush "family"....we're talking "families" here? You saying Michelle promised change? Last I heard we elected a president - not a family.

These 2 are acting much more like a King and Queen than any President and wife in history. They are elitist snobs that use the poor as a prop to buy votes. Your attempts at justifying their actions are pathetic, why don't you hold these assholes accountable?

Uh...no. They're acting like any other president and first lady and much like Mr. & Mrs. Bush - they are pretty down to earth people people - but unlike Mr. Bush they came from a middle class background and had to actually work (gasp) to acheive what they've achieved. It's rightwing asshats and talking heads who seem to think that hard working and educated people are elitist snobs and sheep like you who will follow their every direction.

Come back when there is something that President Obama REALLY needs to be held accountable - like budgets, wars, etc. and while your at it, try to remember that this economic meltdown started in the previous administration as well as record high deficits.

Save your concern for something REAL - not imaginary petty partisan nitpicking.

Good Point, make believe family, everyone knows Barry is a gay blade. I wonder how much Soros paid for Michelle and the kids, anybody seen birth certificates or marriage certificates? I don't believe anything about this manufactured imbecile and his pretend family. No wonder why he spends so much time in Air Force One, he's got a cute,little white boy flight attendant to help him with his mile high club membership.:lol::lol::lol:

At least Bill stuck with women, not the same his wife is interested in, but women just the same. :lol::lol::lol:

Good Point, make believe family, everyone knows Barry is a gay blade. I wonder how much Soros paid for Michelle and the kids, anybody seen birth certificates or marriage certificates? I don't believe anything about this manufactured imbecile and his pretend family. No wonder why he spends so much time in Air Force One, he's got a cute,little white boy flight attendant to help him with his mile high club membership.:lol::lol::lol:

At least Bill stuck with women, not the same his wife is interested in, but women just the same. :lol::lol::lol:

Ya know, if your psychobabble was even a tenth of a percent reality, you should keep that quiet because you're making Conservatives appear to be god-awful researchers. Nothing concrete on the man's secretive second life yet? You guys suck that much ass? YES! Let's put YOU in charge!

If I were to take you seriously....it would be to say this. You are the one who sounds "elitist" to assume that because someone has degrees from a prestigious institution they "didn't" or "don't" have to work hard or struggle to get to where they are.

I work hard, am probably in the lowest eschelon "middle class" if even that - and I don't begrudge those who have the ambition and work ethic to get ahead and do something with their lives. You apparently do.

You also need to bone up on your math skills since there is no "24 aides" and if you had a real problem with a first lady having aids and a budget you should have been squealing years ago but you seem curiously silent about any but Obama don't you?

I'm not elite enough for that.

Just a hard working American with bills to pay, kids to feed and an axe to grind. Thank God for USMB! Where else can a guy come home from a long day of work and sit down and exchange insults with the leftist sheep.

Yes you are. You sound like an elitist snob who can't understand that just because someone is successful through hard work they can't also be "just a hard working American with bills to pay, kids to feed and an axe to grind". Funny...George Bush was born into wealth but that doesn't seem to bother you does it?

That's just the problem...when you make hypocritical generalizations it's hard to take it seriously.

Stepford Wife Laura Bush----- That's perfect. I wish I had thought of that one, I always just said Lapdog Laura Bush. $2 Million? Laura spent that much on kibble!

Laura was a class act - don't blame her for her husband's failings.

Again, the Bush family didn't pretend to be different, didn't pretend they would CHANGE the country the way many HOPED they would.

The Bush "family"....we're talking "families" here? You saying Michelle promised change? Last I heard we elected a president - not a family.

These 2 are acting much more like a King and Queen than any President and wife in history. They are elitist snobs that use the poor as a prop to buy votes. Your attempts at justifying their actions are pathetic, why don't you hold these assholes accountable?

Uh...no. They're acting like any other president and first lady and much like Mr. & Mrs. Bush - they are pretty down to earth people people - but unlike Mr. Bush they came from a middle class background and had to actually work (gasp) to acheive what they've achieved. It's rightwing asshats and talking heads who seem to think that hard working and educated people are elitist snobs and sheep like you who will follow their every direction.

Come back when there is something that President Obama REALLY needs to be held accountable - like budgets, wars, etc. and while your at it, try to remember that this economic meltdown started in the previous administration as well as record high deficits.

Save your concern for something REAL - not imaginary petty partisan nitpicking.

:cuckoo:

If I were to take you seriously....it would be to say this. You are the one who sounds "elitist" to assume that because someone has degrees from a prestigious institution they "didn't" or "don't" have to work hard or struggle to get to where they are.

I work hard, am probably in the lowest eschelon "middle class" if even that - and I don't begrudge those who have the ambition and work ethic to get ahead and do something with their lives. You apparently do.

You also need to bone up on your math skills since there is no "24 aides" and if you had a real problem with a first lady having aids and a budget you should have been squealing years ago but you seem curiously silent about any but Obama don't you?

I'm not elite enough for that.

Just a hard working American with bills to pay, kids to feed and an axe to grind. Thank God for USMB! Where else can a guy come home from a long day of work and sit down and exchange insults with the leftist sheep.

Yes you are. You sound like an elitist snob who can't understand that just because someone is successful through hard work they can't also be "just a hard working American with bills to pay, kids to feed and an axe to grind". Funny...George Bush was born into wealth but that doesn't seem to bother you does it?

That's just the problem...when you make hypocritical generalizations it's hard to take it seriously.

OK...so I made generalizations? Show me in this post where I mentioned a president. As a matter of fact, Bush had a Harvard Degree. So WHO made the generalization.

I'm far from an elitist. You have NO clue as to what you are talking about when you "generalize" who I am. If I was an elitist snob, I wouldn't be talking to people in the lowest eschelon "middle class". But I'm the hypocrit huh?

It doesn't bother me that ANYBODY is born into wealth or born into poverty and worked their way up. I was born into the middle. How in the HELL can you come up with the statement that I apparenly "begrudge those who have the ambition and work ethic to get ahead and do something with their lives." ???? Are you basing it on one sarcastic post? If so, then you need to learn how to take things NOT so seriously. LIGHTEN UP!!! JEES!!

It's not about who's got money and who doesn't. It's about leading by example. I had problems with Bush too. I didn't have nearly as much against him, but he was far from perfect. And he had big degrees from big schools too and he had to work hard to get them.

OK...so I made generalizations? Show me in this post where I mentioned a president. As a matter of fact, Bush had a Harvard Degree. So WHO made the generalization.

You said: ...I have to work like those struggling middle class people out there with Harvard degrees and lawyer backgrounds. Somehow, though, I doubt that I'll ever get to take my wife on a date to NY aboard AFO and let her have 24 aides to meet her every need....

It's pretty clear to whom you were referring to so cut the semantical ducking and weaving.

I'm far from an elitist. You have NO clue as to what you are talking about when you "generalize" who I am. If I was an elitist snob, I wouldn't be talking to people in the lowest eschelon "middle class". But I'm the hypocrit huh?

You are absolutely right. That was why I was very clear in my choice of words and said - several times "You sound like...and elitist snob"...and, by the way you don't have to be rich to be an "elistist snob".

It doesn't bother me that ANYBODY is born into wealth or born into poverty and worked their way up. I was born into the middle. How in the HELL can you come up with the statement that I apparenly "begrudge those who have the ambition and work ethic to get ahead and do something with their lives." ???? Are you basing it on one sarcastic post? If so, then you need to learn how to take things NOT so seriously. LIGHTEN UP!!! JEES!!

Well....not sure how else I'm supposed to take it ?

It's not about who's got money and who doesn't. It's about leading by example. I had problems with Bush too. I didn't have nearly as much against him, but he was far from perfect. And he had big degrees from big schools too and he had to work hard to get them.

Yes he did didn't he? But somehow the Obama's don't? What does "lead by example mean"? They go around in sackcloth and ashes? The irony of all this is that the arguments the right are making about the Obama's echo the arguments the left made about the Reagans who also presided during a rough economic time. Are they valid? Not really. The Obama's (and for that matter the Reagans or the Bush's) are hardly going around in obscene excess of overspending luxery - what they are doing is pretty much in the same ballpark as the previous five or six administrations. Regardless of the economy - the U.S. Presidency represents a high level of leadership and prestige in the world - to pretend otherwise (sackcloth and ashes) is disrespectful. I remember when Carter came storming in intent on remaking the Presidency and in the end, insulted quite a few people and embarressed the country.

Ya know, if your psychobabble was even a tenth of a percent reality, you should keep that quiet because you're making Conservatives appear to be god-awful researchers. Nothing concrete on the man's secretive second life yet? You guys suck that much ass? YES! Let's put YOU in charge!

:lol::lol::lol:

Stepford Wife Laura Bush----- That's perfect. I wish I had thought of that one, I always just said Lapdog Laura Bush. $2 Million? Laura spent that much on kibble!

She was. As is Michelle. How many of us would be as gracious with all that's being thrown her way?

You said: ...I have to work like those struggling middle class people out there with Harvard degrees and lawyer backgrounds. Somehow, though, I doubt that I'll ever get to take my wife on a date to NY aboard AFO and let her have 24 aides to meet her every need....

It's pretty clear to whom you were referring to so cut the semantical ducking and weaving.

You are absolutely right. That was why I was very clear in my choice of words and said - several times "You sound like...and elitist snob"...and, by the way you don't have to be rich to be an "elistist snob".

Well....not sure how else I'm supposed to take it ?

Yes he did didn't he? But somehow the Obama's don't? What does "lead by example mean"? They go around in sackcloth and ashes? The irony of all this is that the arguments the right are making about the Obama's echo the arguments the left made about the Reagans who also presided during a rough economic time. Are they valid? Not really. The Obama's (and for that matter the Reagans or the Bush's) are hardly going around in obscene excess of overspending luxery - what they are doing is pretty much in the same ballpark as the previous five or six administrations. Regardless of the economy - the U.S. Presidency represents a high level of leadership and prestige in the world - to pretend otherwise (sackcloth and ashes) is disrespectful. I remember when Carter came storming in intent on remaking the Presidency and in the end, insulted quite a few people and embarressed the country.

Whether you're calling me elitist or saying I 'sound' like one might as well be the same thing. But I tried to go back and read it from your perspective. And, after re-reading everything, you're right on some things. But I'll just clear the air on the fact that somehow I sound like an elitist. Rest assured that I'm not. And as far as people working hard to get what they want out of life, I'm all for that. Just as long as you don't go through life EXPECTING things to be given to you because you are who you are. I do think that there is an air about Obama that gives me a different feeling than other President's in the past. INCLUDING Clinton and George (43). They both had a little cockiness to them too. The most down to earth to me was Reagan and Bush (41). Am I biased? Probably. I'm not too good to admit that.

The original point of the post was that it's the largest staff EVER utilized by a First Lady. No one can dispute that. Right? Laura had what seemed like some unnecessary staff too. But Michelle has even more. Some of the salary info isn't there either so no one knows what they are getting paid. I just know it's more than ever before. My problem with it is the excess. I know it doesn't matter to many, but it should. When things are this bad and even our President is telling us to cut back and learn to do with less, here's someone that's adding on to an already unnecessary list.

It's a moot point to keep arguing about it. But I just wanted to recognize your points that I accepted and re-iterate the main point I was trying to make at the beginning.

Whether you're calling me elitist or saying I 'sound' like one might as well be the same thing. But I tried to go back and read it from your perspective. And, after re-reading everything, you're right on some things. But I'll just clear the air on the fact that somehow I sound like an elitist. Rest assured that I'm not. And as far as people working hard to get what they want out of life, I'm all for that. Just as long as you don't go through life EXPECTING things to be given to you because you are who you are. I do think that there is an air about Obama that gives me a different feeling than other President's in the past. INCLUDING Clinton and George (43). They both had a little cockiness to them too. The most down to earth to me was Reagan and Bush (41). Am I biased? Probably. I'm not too good to admit that.

I think that's a matter of perspective, and we'll always disagree there. I don't get that at all from the Obama's. What I get is for some reason, they are expected to meet a different standard then their predecessors. The righwing punditry have decided they are to be labeled as arrogant elitists and spun every action and word to reflect that. Kind of like the leftwing punditry decided G. W. Bush was an idiot and did similar spinning.

The original point of the post was that it's the largest staff EVER utilized by a First Lady. No one can dispute that. Right?

The largest staff ever...by very little (18 vs. 22)...in fact...Laura had a larger staff than Hillary but...why did no one accuse her of having the "largest staff ever"?

Laura had what seemed like some unnecessary staff too. But Michelle has even more. Some of the salary info isn't there either so no one knows what they are getting paid. I just know it's more than ever before. My problem with it is the excess. I know it doesn't matter to many, but it should. When things are this bad and even our President is telling us to cut back and learn to do with less, here's someone that's adding on to an already unnecessary list.

I can respect that...but the economy started tanking badly two years ago, and no one complained about presidential excess then. Why only with Obama? Because it's a partisan standard.

First Lady's have staff and budgets - by all verifiable accounts, Michelle Obama has a slightly larger staff and a slightly larger budget. That is hardly enough to start making the assinine (and blatently inaccurate claims) that the OP made. Again - if you want to scream about excess - it's not pennies that matter (which is what this is) but dollars - like the pork in the bills or the cost of two wars to this country.

It's a moot point to keep arguing about it. But I just wanted to recognize your points that I accepted and re-iterate the main point I was trying to make at the beginning.

I understand where you are coming from...even if I don't agree :)

She was. As is Michelle. How many of us would be as gracious with all that's being thrown her way?

yes, michelle the poor dear, shes just under so much pressure having to bed that man every night, god the horror.

I think that's a matter of perspective, and we'll always disagree there. I don't get that at all from the Obama's. What I get is for some reason, they are expected to meet a different standard then their predecessors. The righwing punditry have decided they are to be labeled as arrogant elitists and spun every action and word to reflect that. Kind of like the leftwing punditry decided G. W. Bush was an idiot and did similar spinning.

The original point of the post was that it's the largest staff EVER utilized by a First Lady. No one can dispute that. Right?

The largest staff ever...by very little (18 vs. 22)...in fact...Laura had a larger staff than Hillary but...why did no one accuse her of having the "largest staff ever"?

Laura had what seemed like some unnecessary staff too. But Michelle has even more. Some of the salary info isn't there either so no one knows what they are getting paid. I just know it's more than ever before. My problem with it is the excess. I know it doesn't matter to many, but it should. When things are this bad and even our President is telling us to cut back and learn to do with less, here's someone that's adding on to an already unnecessary list.

I can respect that...but the economy started tanking badly two years ago, and no one complained about presidential excess then. Why only with Obama? Because it's a partisan standard.

First Lady's have staff and budgets - by all verifiable accounts, Michelle Obama has a slightly larger staff and a slightly larger budget. That is hardly enough to start making the assinine (and blatently inaccurate claims) that the OP made. Again - if you want to scream about excess - it's not pennies that matter (which is what this is) but dollars - like the pork in the bills or the cost of two wars to this country.

I understand where you are coming from...even if I don't agree :)

I would be willing to bet that if Chrysler had gone bankrupt and GM right after that and the banking industry had imploded like it did while Bush was still in the WH then there probably would have been more barking from the left about these kinds of issues. Why is Obama getting yelled at? Because he campaigned on and entered office telling America that we were going to have to tighten our belts and spend more time at home and not drive big fancy cars and so on and so forth. And before you say it, I know that this spiral began during the Bush years. Unfortunately, all the ugly stuff happened when HOPE AND CHANGE came to town and it gave Obama's admin an immediate uphill battle.

I don't recall Bush making a statement about cutting back very much. He probably should have, but he didn't. So BO gets the finger pointed at him when he doesn't follow his own lead.

Forum List

Back