"Don't mess with New York"

What an arrogant asshole Mr. Schumer is.

YouTube - Schumer to Texas: Don't mess with N.Y.

I can say it now... I have absolutely NO desire to EVER visit that state.

True story :lol:

and here i was gonna say "darn right. go chuck!"

heh..

you can say you aren't interested in visiting NY, but there's a reason we're the top tourist destination in the country. :)

Yea, L.A. is a huge tourist destination and it's a shit hole too. New Yorkers have to boast about their city, that's their feeble attempt to justify living in such an awful, outrageously expensive place. If you think too long about exactly what you live in you might just jump off one of those dirty old skyscrapers.

I understand how you don't care to honor the many men and women that actually took part in all of NASA's space research and missions or the wives of those who lost their lives flying in them.......... its a typical depraved New York attitude, it's all about you.

I'll take London over New York any day........ London is the center of the universe. It would make as much sense to give them a space shuttle.

I like New York State. The City I was unimpressed with. New York State has some pretty places. Heck my family comes from there...I have a distant relative that a County is named after. Many relatives still work for Corning Glass...

I'd like to go back there some day...but as long as it remains deep blue? It won't happen. Damned shame.

Oh, like "Don't mess with Texas" isn't used at least once by every Texan that ever lived?

[youtube]Xgahd_k2ZBE[/youtube]​

:eusa_whistle:

Whats wrong with what Sam Houston said?

“Texas has yet learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may.”

Or with what Rick Perry said?

“We didn’t like oppression then, and we don’t like oppression now!”

“Cut the spending, cut the taxes, shrink the gov’t, re-read The Constitution, and return to its values”

Jeez.... I listened to the entire speech and didnt see not ONE thing wrong with it :confused:

I bet you didnt even watch it :lol:

I have been to New York City-twice Those who haven't-really haven't missed anything worthwhile. I have no desire to go back there ever again. As the song says, "...just send me to hell or New York City, it'd be 'bout the same to me!"

Oh, like "Don't mess with Texas" isn't used at least once by every Texan that ever lived?

“Texas has yet learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may.”

“Cut the spending, cut the taxes, shrink the gov’t, re-read The Constitution, and return to its values”

Jeez.... I listened to the entire speech and didnt see not ONE thing wrong with it :confused:

Just look at the sign on the stand at which he speaks. "Don't Mess With Texas".. Omg, what an elitist.

Just look at the sign on the stand at which he speaks. "Don't Mess With Texas".. Omg, what an elitist.

So I guess "REMEMBER THE ALAMO"...would be not only elitist, but rascist as well?

I have been to New York City-twice Those who haven't-really haven't missed anything worthwhile. I have no desire to go back there ever again. As the song says, "...just send me to hell or New York City, it'd be 'bout the same to me!"

No Nascar, huh?

Actually Jillian, no. I simply find life in the ant heap too cold, impersonal, and more than a little too claustrophobic for my taste. Too much hurry, too much stress.

I grew up on the farm; I'm used to wide open spaces, and a slower pace. I'm used to being able to see the stars overhead at night, and listening to the sounds of nature, instead of the roar of city traffic. Those who grew up in that environment probably don't know any better, but I don't think people were built to live piled on top of one another like that.

It's just a fundamental difference in lifestyle; you wouldn't like mine, and I don't care for yours. Same with the politics; the interests of rural and urban America are so different, I doubt they can ever be reconciled. What's good for you is usually bad for us, and what's good for us, is usually bad for you (one more reason among many my ancestors wished to part company with the North 150 years ago)

NYC and LA, the armpits of the universe.

There's a proverb in there somewhere, something about avoiding cities that are known by initials.

No Nascar, huh?

Actually Jillian, no. I simply find life in the ant heap too cold, impersonal, and more than a little too claustrophobic for my taste. Too much hurry, too much stress.

I grew up on the farm; I'm used to wide open spaces, and a slower pace. I'm used to being able to see the stars overhead at night, and listening to the sounds of nature, instead of the roar of city traffic. Those who grew up in that environment probably don't know any better, but I don't think people were built to live piled on top of one another like that.

It's just a fundamental difference in lifestyle; you wouldn't like mine, and I don't care for yours. Same with the politics; the interests of rural and urban America are so different, I doubt they can ever be reconciled. What's good for you is usually bad for us, and what's good for us, is usually bad for you (one more reason among many my ancestors wished to part company with the North 150 years ago)

you're right. i wouldn't like yours.

but i wouldn't insult yours either. and yet it seems this thread is chock full of people who have no problem trashing where i live rather than just saying it isn't for them.

i find that kind of funny

Forum List

Back