Don t Let Anybody Tell You That Businesses Create Jobs

This guy actually believes this shit. Business owners only assets when they start out is their inventory. Period end of story. Explain to me how oh i dont know how a pizza oven and dough and toppings is equal to 5 years capital? Hell most new business owe a good 10,000 on their commercial lease when they start. That means they are in debt to begin with. Ever hear the saying starting up a business is risky? Moron.

Why wouldn't you obtain an 18 month five-times inventory loan and use your cash for advertising?

onepercentor

Employers hire to service customers. If there is an upturn in customers employers hire more employees. The increase in customers created more jobs.[/QUOTE

No. You can have more revenue or more customers but that doesnt lways mean more jobs. Not if the money is coming in and going out to places like taxes, new office, upgrades in technology etc.. ill be your mentor kid.[/QUOTE]

Name a situation where more revenue and more customers wouldn't equate more employees.

Now if you have an example of someone that spent their money to open a business THEN went out and tried to find customers, lets hear it.

Igor Sikorsky who designed and built the helicopter

Thomas Edison who successfully designed and created the lightbulb

The Wright Brothers who successfully designed and flew the first aircraft at Kitty Hawk

Do you think that they sent out fliers, posted ads, or slapped down a stack of questioners to hand out to get someone's "opinion" before they thought it was a good idea? Imagine if someone approached you with the idea they believe they could create a machine that can fly like a bird, during a time when no such concept existed. Another with an idea to produce light without the need of wick and a flame, a task which was performed by only the lamplighters at that time? They each sought out private investors and simply followed an idea with no guarantee it would ever work or how it could be built. After their success stories and hard work, do you think anyone wanted to jump on that band wagon later and make use of that invention? Did innovation built from a simple dream actually create an interest among the people with possibilities that were never seen before? Did that interest in turn CREATE demand and a desire to mass produce it, thereby creating jobs? Do you want to try and reinvent the wheel by saying a business or an individual with an idea, can't possibly find customers and create a demand that would require the hiring of more people to mass produce a product?

Edison created the LIGHT bulb BECAUSE he could see the demand for it..... there was already a demand for Light, during the night....oil lamps were used.... Edison did not create this Demand....the demand/need for 'light' was there before he created the light bulb....

The Wright Bros had also seen the Demand for Flight....hot air blimps were already flying with passengers....

DEMAND , the need, drove the inventions

Last edited:
But at least you're admitting employers hire employees.

As another poster has put it -- and I have stolen it -- employees are merely a means of mass producing someone else's idea.

The business would exist without them, it would not exist without the person who created it.

The Left's goal here is "you didn't build that, you didn't earn that, therefore you don't own that, it belongs to The Collective".

This guy actually believes this shit. Business owners only assets when they start out is their inventory. Period end of story. Explain to me how oh i dont know how a pizza oven and dough and toppings is equal to 5 years capital? Hell most new business owe a good 10,000 on their commercial lease when they start. That means they are in debt to begin with. Ever hear the saying starting up a business is risky? Moron.

Why wouldn't you obtain an 18 month five-times inventory loan and use your cash for advertising?
And that creates a 5 years worth of working capital how? For only advertising? Lol... it better go for more than that.. do you know all the expenses of a business? If so i want you to list them 1 by 1.

The business would exist without them, it would not exist without the person who created it.

The guy owning/running a roofing business. If all his roofers walk off the job, you still think he has a roofing business?
The guy with the roofing business did not create roofs, shingles, or any other part of the roof. All he does is put a crew on the roof so a new roof can be put down.

Without his crew, he's got nothing. Cause he sure as hell is not going to do a 35 square roof with a three layer tear off by himself. That's for damn sure.

Wtf? One question for you that will solve this disaster you just created witg this horrific frightning posts. Who hired and trained and managed these employees?

Employees of the employer.
Wrong. Owners can hire anyone willing to work for there price. If they are under trained then the owner trains them. The employer controls EVERYTHING. He also hires the second employee and trains that employee in how he wants his business run which creates a chain reaction. If there is a crack in leadership with any employee they are let go. This is why the owner is the most essential employee of the company. His vision is the company and every employee has to work for that vision or they know they will be let go.

Now if you have an example of someone that spent their money to open a business THEN went out and tried to find customers, lets hear it.

The Wright Brothers who successfully designed and flew the first aircraft at Kitty Hawk

Do you think that they sent out fliers, posted ads, or slapped down a stack of questioners to hand out to get someone's "opinion" before they thought it was a good idea? Imagine if someone approached you with the idea they believe they could create a machine that can fly like a bird, during a time when no such concept existed. Another with an idea to produce light without the need of wick and a flame, a task which was performed by only the lamplighters at that time? They each sought out private investors and simply followed an idea with no guarantee it would ever work or how it could be built. After their success stories and hard work, do you think anyone wanted to jump on that band wagon later and make use of that invention? Did innovation built from a simple dream actually create an interest among the people with possibilities that were never seen before? Did that interest in turn CREATE demand and a desire to mass produce it, thereby creating jobs? Do you want to try and reinvent the wheel by saying a business or an individual with an idea, can't possibly find customers and create a demand that would require the hiring of more people to mass produce a product?

Edison created the LIGHT bulb BECAUSE he could see the demand for it..... there was already a demand for Light, during the night....oil lamps were used.... Edison did not create this Demand....the demand/need for 'light' was there before he created the light bulb....

The Wright Bros had also seen the Demand for Flight....hot air blimps were already flying with passengers....

There was no public demand for the personal computer on which you're typing. The idea of it had to be sold to the public. It took guts and ingenuity and relentless effort and massive personal risk to bring computers to the mainstream.

But the Left just doesn't, or will not, understand the dynamics of business.

Zeke,

All businesses are different. There franchises and startups. However, in your scenario the owner controls the cost of how much to build that roof and the customer service that gets them the job that pays salarys so they stay on the job. The owner has the power and controls everything both the successes and failures of the company. Employees need a reason to quit all of a sudden like you suggest and the owner creates and controls that reason, because he has that power.

In the army who gets blamed if a private new recruit cant operate his gun? Hint - not the private.

Last edited:
Help is hired when sales increase.... (sales = demand)

I have a small business, run by myself, and I am now almost to the point with my sales, to be able to hire a part time person to help....if my sales/demand had not increased, then I would not be able to take on a new hire...

But at the same time, if I did not have the money to increase my supply of what is projected in demand/sales, then hiring another person would be fruitless....

Both are needed, demand, and the ability to supply the product for the increase in demand.

Imagine how well you'd be doing today if you adequately financed from inception!
It was a Hobby, when I started...I had already retired young... about 10 years after I had retired and was spending my days as just a Mod on a political message board while my husband was at work, the boredom overcame me...so I started to do crafts that I used to do when I was a teen, and had time to do them....well, that became boring too, so my sister suggested I open an internet shop and try to sell some of what I made....that was fine too, for a little while, but THEN the demand for my handmade items took off, and the demand increased, especially for my handmade pet beds and bath rugs....so then I had to move deliveries out.., originally it was 1-2 weeks, then 3-4 weeks, then 4-6 weeks then 6-10 weeks from the time the custom order was placed for the cotton rugs to shipping....and even that did not stop customers from wanting and buying them, so then I started on raising my prices to slow business down, (after all, I am retired, and this was suppose to be fun and not a business)....obviously, what I made called for more money...or I would not have so many people wanting them....and even that has not slowed the demand...so now prices are high enough on the handmade items that I can afford to hire someone part time to do the paperwork, take the photos of the items and listing them on the net, and boxing and shipping, giving me more time to hand make the items....(have not done this yet, but I can afford to now)

I'll never be a millionaire from this, my little fingers can hand crochet only so much in a 24 hour period, :) BUT SOMEONE, that is not semi retired, could make a heck of a go, for it.....the demand and signs of future demand is there, begging for it....and some day, someone will find a gazillion fingers to make these handmade cotton rugs in Viet nam or China.... and be that millionaire! :D

There was no public demand for the personal computer on which you're typing. The idea of it had to be sold to the public. It took guts and ingenuity and relentless effort and massive personal risk to bring computers to the mainstream.

Yes there was demand for it....it's all in the name of progress and what was invented or created previously that had demand and lead to the newer inventions....

Nothing appears out of the blue...

Really Mac. Do you think there was no need for complex computing machines prior to the invention of the computer?

You ought to read up on some of the code breaking machines from WWII. Or the guidance and targeting systems used on WWII era war ships.

Here's your issue Mac. Gate's did not invent the NEED for high speed computing. He didn't even invent all the components that he utilized in the creation of the machine he built.

And if you remember Mac,(if you are old enough) when the first personal computers came out (remember the Commodore) what did people DO with them Mac? They played PONG.

Evidently there was a need for entertainment. And the computer was entertaining. It wasn't till software was written that more important functions of the computer was utilized.

But the computer does nothing more than what man did before there were computers. It just does it faster. The idea of typing a letter, doing spreadsheets etc had been around a long time. The computer guys didn't invent that need. They just gave people a better tool to fill than need.

See the difference? I know you don't.

And what was the risk that Gates and Jobs took in designing these systems out in their garage?

Yes there was demand for it....it's all in the name of progress and what was invented or created previously that had demand and lead to the newer inventions....

Read the story of Apple and get back to me.

Ideas appear out of the blue all the time.

Wrong, every sentence.
But at least you're admitting employers hire employees.

I've never stated that employers don't hire employees. Additional sales created the need for more employees which is creation.
Quote my post in response to this and see if it holds up troll. You are so full of shit and YOU of all people know it. Funny. Lol

Thank you. Yes there had been a demand for high speed computing of complex mathematical calculations for a long, long time. The abacus, the slide rule, the mechanical calculator, all those were inventions to fill the need for a way to do calculations in an more timely, efficient manner.

What Gates and Jobs did was have the vision to take that need and develop a better way to fill it.

With what you read on here, you would think Gates invented everything the computer has ever been used for.
Instead of inventing a tool to fill the need that already existed.

Forum List

Back