Don t Let Anybody Tell You That Businesses Create Jobs

There was no public demand for the personal computer on which you're typing. The idea of it had to be sold to the public. It took guts and ingenuity and relentless effort and massive personal risk to bring computers to the mainstream.

But the Left just doesn't, or will not, understand the dynamics of business.

Really Mac. Do you think there was no need for complex computing machines prior to the invention of the computer?

You ought to read up on some of the code breaking machines from WWII. Or the guidance and targeting systems used on WWII era war ships.

Here's your issue Mac. Gate's did not invent the NEED for high speed computing. He didn't even invent all the components that he utilized in the creation of the machine he built.

And if you remember Mac,(if you are old enough) when the first personal computers came out (remember the Commodore) what did people DO with them Mac? They played PONG.

Evidently there was a need for entertainment. And the computer was entertaining. It wasn't till software was written that more important functions of the computer was utilized.

But the computer does nothing more than what man did before there were computers. It just does it faster. The idea of typing a letter, doing spreadsheets etc had been around a long time. The computer guys didn't invent that need. They just gave people a better tool to fill than need.

See the difference? I know you don't.

And what was the risk that Gates and Jobs took in designing these systems out in their garage?
To take out a loan for start up which is usually in you personal name theres huge risk. Many owners have to file bankruptcy which is a huge 7 to 10 year blow. Have you rver taken out a loan for an idea rather than a need ? No you havent and i dont need to hear it from you.

To take out a loan for start up which is usually in you personal name theres huge risk. Many owners have to file bankruptcy which is a huge 7 to 10 year blow. Have you rver taken out a loan for an idea rather than a need ? No you havent and i dont need to hear it from you.

Well first of all Mac. We were not talking about "many owners". We were talking about Gates and Jobs. Remember. Or do you want to move away from that topic now?

But anyway, as I understand it. Gates and Jobs both were very young men who initially started their inventions in a garage.

Again how much did they "risk" in the invention process? So they had a few thousand dollars invested. You think a few thousand dollar loss to an inventor is going to bankrupt them? Especially a young man?

But if you don't want to "hear it from you" then lets go back to the original topic. Gates and Jobs. After all, you are the one that used them as your "example"

Didn't you like it that I pointed out that the need for high speed computing already existed before the "computer" was invented?

My bad Mac. I knew you wouldn't respond to my post. What was I thinking. It was that stupid fuck ng.

Hey ng, lets hearbout all your business's.

The owner hires and fires as needed to keep his or her business concern going. When it is growing, the owner hires more but still owns and is responsible for the business.

I'm trying to keep this at third grade level, how am I doing?

Fucking brilliant dude. Brilliant.

He NG, thank Mac again when you have the chance. It is nice he writes at a level even YOU can understand.
Though just what it is that you think you understand is open to debate.

Well first of all Mac. We were not talking about "many owners". We were talking about Gates and Jobs. Remember. Or do you want to move away from that topic now?

But anyway, as I understand it. Gates and Jobs both were very young men who initially started their inventions in a garage.

Again how much did they "risk" in the invention process? So they had a few thousand dollars invested. You think a few thousand dollar loss to an inventor is going to bankrupt them? Especially a young man?

But if you don't want to "hear it from you" then lets go back to the original topic. Gates and Jobs. After all, you are the one that used them as your "example"

Didn't you like it that I pointed out that the need for high speed computing already existed before the "computer" was invented?
Yes i do believe to my bones its a huge risk . A few thousand can be the diffference between being evicted or having food on the table. Owners are human beings and can be minorities you know. Got you, btw. Game set match.

My bad Mac. I knew you wouldn't respond to my post. What was I thinking. It was that stupid fuck ng.

Hey ng, lets hearbout all your business's.
I have 1. 25 independent contractors that net me over a million a year. Because of me teaching them how to sell they all make over $100,000 a year. Its unheard for that to happen with a kirby franchise. Theres thousands of them my family for over 70 years has been top 10 in the world. Its due to our methods that i teach.

The owner hires and fires as needed to keep his or her business concern going. When it is growing, the owner hires more but still owns and is responsible for the business.

I'm trying to keep this at third grade level, how am I doing?

Fucking brilliant dude. Brilliant.

He NG, thank Mac again when you have the chance. It is nice he writes at a level even YOU can understand.
Though just what it is that you think you understand is open to debate.
Its up for debate only amungst business owners. Employees arent conditioned and experienced enough to know what the hell they are talking abou and boy does it show.

But at least you're admitting employers hire employees.

As another poster has put it -- and I have stolen it -- employees are merely a means of mass producing someone else's idea.

The business would exist without them, it would not exist without the person who created it.

The Left's goal here is "you didn't build that, you didn't earn that, therefore you don't own that, it belongs to The Collective".

No Mac, THAT IS NOT what liberals are saying.....NOT IN THE LEAST....it may be what you have twisted it to mean to yourself.

All we are saying is that we believe in "trickle UP"! :D Demand is First, supply is second. Demand drives newer inventions, you need to see at night, there is a demand to see at night, so the oil lamp was created which lead to the light bulb....the demand for a better and more efficient way to cook multiple items, the 4 eye stove and oven was created....better way to keep food cold than the dripping ice box, the refrigerator was created.... the needs and demands of the people, progress, is what drives CREATION.

an existing business is NOT going to hire more employees just for the hell of it, they are going to add employees when their demand increases...when more people are buying what they sell...

We believe as ALL STATISTICS SHOW, that more money in to the hands of those who buy the goods, improves the overall economy... and that giving more money to an owner of a running business, will not increase his sales and will not raise the demand, so that he can hire more people.... it's the other way around that works best... more demand, more people get hired.

that if more customers buy the business's goods, if the "demand" for the goods increases, then the sales increase calls for MORE help to be hired to service the customer's needs, which in turn makes more money for the business

Yes i do believe to my bones its a huge risk . A few thousand can be the diffference between being evicted or having food on the table. Owners are human beings and can be minorities you know. Got you, btw. Game set match

I can believe that a "few thousand" is probably more money than you have ever had.

That does not mean the Bill Gates and Steve Jobs was going to miss a meal if their inventions hadn't taken off.
They came from a pretty stable background. You I don't know about.

But what are your "business's? Just curious on that. Already found out. Kirby sweepers.
And "owners are human beings and can be minorities blah blah blah". Can you say what you are talking about and how it pertains to this topic?

And are you really only 15? What the fuck is up with this weird "game, set bullshit?

Hey I got a Kirby. Nice sweeper. I stole it from a tenant I evicted.

And dude, I never met anyone till you who had a million in income who couldn't write a coherent sentence, all the time. Even use capitals and punctuation. Just something about wanting to look and sound educated. Goes along with being in the top 3% of income earners. And it's good for business.

So I googled Kirby door to door. Amazing how many customer complaints there is out there on the Net. Isn't it.
Poor service, high pressure sales, etc. But an ok sweeper. I like mine. Bags are expensive though.

It's one of those "Heads I win. Tails you lose" deals. If the company makes money, it's all due to the employees, and they are entitled to all of it. If the company loses money, it's the employer's fault, and he deserves to suffer all the losses.
Wtf? One question for you that will solve this disaster you just created witg this horrific frightning posts. Who hired and trained and managed these employees?

The employees are trained and managed by the demand created through middle class spending on products that weren't made.

Damn you people need to pay attention.

Yes i do believe to my bones its a huge risk . A few thousand can be the diffference between being evicted or having food on the table. Owners are human beings and can be minorities you know. Got you, btw. Game set match

I can believe that a "few thousand" is probably more money than you have ever had.

That does not mean the Bill Gates and Steve Jobs was going to miss a meal if their inventions hadn't taken off.
They came from a pretty stable background. You I don't know about.

But what are your "business's? Just curious on that. Already found out. Kirby sweepers.
And "owners are human beings and can be minorities blah blah blah". Can you say what you are talking about and how it pertains to this topic?

And are you really only 15? What the fuck is up with this weird "game, set bullshit?

Hey I got a Kirby. Nice sweeper. I stole it from a tenant I evicted.

And dude, I never met anyone till you who had a million in income who couldn't write a coherent sentence, all the time. Even use capitals and punctuation. Just something about wanting to look and sound educated. Goes along with being in the top 3% of income earners. And it's good for business.

So I googled Kirby door to door. Amazing how many customer complaints there is out there on the Net. Isn't it.
Poor service, high pressure sales, etc. But an ok sweeper. I like mine. Bags are expensive though.
Someones jealous. My spelling and punctuation is horrific due to my fucking fucked up phone. Ordered one yesterday. Galaxy note 4 . My work computers are inactive due to new software and upgrades.

Edison created the LIGHT bulb BECAUSE he could see the demand for it..... there was already a demand for Light, during the night....oil lamps were used.... Edison did not create this Demand....the demand/need for 'light' was there before he created the light bulb....

The Wright Bros had also seen the Demand for Flight....hot air blimps were already flying with passengers....

DEMAND , the need, drove the inventions
There was no demand for electric light bulbs before they were invented. Just like air conditioners, people would have liked one hundreds of years ago but it took investing, invention and risk to create a market for them. I think some of you are confusing desire for demand. I would like a robot to vacuum my carpet and do the dishes but I don't have a demand for one.

[As another poster has put it -- and I have stolen it -- employees are merely a means of mass producing someone else's idea.

The business would exist without them, it would not exist without the person who created it.

The Left's goal here is "you didn't build that, you didn't earn that, therefore you don't own that, it belongs to The Collective".
Yes, it's their goal, that's the purpose of pretending the people make the business happen. But employees may be producing your idea, not someone else's. Plus, increasingly, bodies are being replaced with automation. And some business have no employees but exist just fine. Employees do not create business, it's the other way around.

No Mac, THAT IS NOT what liberals are saying.....NOT IN THE LEAST....it may be what you have twisted it to mean to yourself.

All we are saying is that we believe in "trickle UP"! :D Demand is First, supply is second. Demand drives newer inventions, you need to see at night, there is a demand to see at night, so the oil lamp was created which lead to the light bulb....the demand for a better and more efficient way to cook multiple items, the 4 eye stove and oven was created....better way to keep food cold than the dripping ice box, the refrigerator was created.... the needs and demands of the people, progress, is what drives CREATION.

an existing business is NOT going to hire more employees just for the hell of it, they are going to add employees when their demand increases...when more people are buying what they sell...

We believe as ALL STATISTICS SHOW, that more money in to the hands of those who buy the goods, improves the overall economy... and that giving more money to an owner of a running business, will not increase his sales and will not raise the demand, so that he can hire more people.... it's the other way around that works best... more demand, more people get hired.

that if more customers buy the business's goods, if the "demand" for the goods increases, then the sales increase calls for MORE help to be hired to service the customer's needs, which in turn makes more money for the business
Horseshit. Businesses very often do expand with increased income. Show us the statistics that prove your point. Employees make more money because business does better, not the other way around. Liberals see everything in opposites.

Trickle up doesn't work because some people are broke because of their lifestyle choices. Many broke people got a windfall and just ended up broke again.

Acting like businesses exist because there are bodies out there like baby chicks with gaping eager beaks awaiting fulfillment is honestly the dumbest theory on economics I've ever heard.

There was no demand for electric light bulbs before they were invented. Just like air conditioners, people would have liked one hundreds of years ago but it took investing, invention and risk to create a market for them. I think some of you are confusing desire for demand. I would like a robot to vacuum my carpet and do the dishes but I don't have a demand for one.

Yea, you tellem stupid. There was no fucking demand to ever see at night now was there. You ever wonder what all that whale oil was used for? I know you haven't. It was used for lighting. Primarily. It also had some other purposed. Then there was gas lighting. Then kerosene. Even candles. Yep wax candles to see at night.

But as you so well pointed out, no one ever tried to see in the dark before there was a light bulb. LMAO.

And AC. Louis Carrier was asked by a printing company to dehumidify the air in a printing shop because the humidity in a New York summer was causing ink to run. The by product of Carriers invention to dehumidify air led to the understanding that it also cooled the air. Once that happened, it was up to Carrier to demonstrate just what his invention could do. And he did that bu air conditioning a movie theater. Which was done at the request of a film company because theaters were so hot in the summer no one would sit through a movie. So the movie business fell way off in the summer.

So there was a need for both products you mentioned. And people invented products to fill the need. And people then adapted that invention to fill other needs.

Not the other way around as your stupid ass supposes.

As to robots to vacuum the floor. Brooms work better on dirt. And try paper plates if you can't afford a dishwasher.

Btw how you think dishwashers got invented. You think there was a need to wash dirty dishes.

You ever figure out that you can borrow money from a BANK for a business loan. LMAO You idiot. I couldn't believe you wrote that yesterday.

Forum List

Back