'don't Impose Your Values' Argument Is Bigotry In Disguise

gop_jeff said:
Not really. Christianity teaches that there is heaven and hell, but no middle-of-the-road option for good people who didn't happen to believe in that particular religion.

What I meant was according to Cathlolicism there are different levels of heaven, one for saints, angels, and many for souls, just as there are levels of hiarchy for angles, arc angels etc. But we are also taught there is a Pergatory for those who need more prayers, and atonement before entering heaven.

Bonnie said:
What I meant was according to Cathlolicism there are different levels of heaven, one for saints, angels, and many for souls, just as there are levels of hiarchy for angles, arc angels etc. But we are also taught there is a Pergatory for those who need more prayers, and atonement before entering heaven.

Catholicism may teach that (purgatory), but I have never found a Biblical justification for that teaching. What I have seen is that Christ's blood is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and that is absolutely sufficient for all of our sins. (See 1 John 4:10)

more bigotry---the schools in Austin have decided that the message to put on the signs out front

Happy Holidays
Feilz Navidad

go figure----do people who speak english need to change the name of Christmas to celebrate it ??????

dilloduck said:
more bigotry---the schools in Austin have decided that the message to put on the signs out front

Happy Holidays
Feilz Navidad

go figure----do people who speak english need to change the name of Christmas to celebrate it ??????

Kind of stupid to say "Merry Christmas" in spanish, but avoid saying it in english. The PC police have fallen overboard, drifted across 2 oceans, and fallen into a wormhole taking them into an alternate dimension.

MissileMan said:
Kind of stupid to say "Merry Christmas" in spanish, but avoid saying it in english. The PC police have fallen overboard, drifted across 2 oceans, and fallen into a wormhole taking them into an alternate dimension.

not stupid---just plain old bigoted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Discrimination!!!!!!!!!! Why is the ACLU denying only English speaking Christians the right to celebrate it on public school property ????

dilloduck said:
not stupid---just plain old bigoted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Discrimination!!!!!!!!!! Why is the ACLU denying only English speaking Christians the right to celebrate it on public school property ????

And why are other forms of religious expression or beliefs being allowed, such as the Manorah, the Curan, Wican's, Native American.......Everything BUT Christianity!!

MissileMan said:

That is because the word Christ itself has become the new F-Word of the 21st Century. Replace it with X, call it a Holiday Tree (WTF? I saw this on the way to work one day. Can anybody tell me any other holiday that uses a tree that is celebrated by more then 3 people in the US?), Just don't use that Christ word, it might offend somebody!

**sigh** The congress is limited from creating laws to infringe on this right, and obviously the Judiciary has overstepped their power. What's next? Outlawing Buddhist celebrations? If I don't stand up for your right to express your religion I will find mine curtailed later.

no1tovote4 said:
That is because the word Christ itself has become the new F-Word of the 21st Century. Replace it with X, call it a Holiday Tree (WTF? I saw this on the way to work one day. Can anybody tell me any other holiday that uses a tree that is celebrated by more then 3 people in the US?), Just don't use that Christ word, it might offend somebody!

**sigh** The congress is limited from creating laws to infringe on this right, and obviously the Judiciary has overstepped their power. What's next? Outlawing Buddhist celebrations? If I don't stand up for your right to express your religion I will find mine curtailed later.

I'm noticing that a few people are winning their cases in court to have the nativity included in Christmas (man that sounds absurd). Can we expect a backlash here ?

dilloduck said:
I'm noticing that a few people are winning their cases in court to have the nativity included in Christmas (man that sounds absurd). Can we expect a backlash here ?

You mean a backlash to the backlash??? LOL

sigh** The congress is limited from creating laws to infringe on this right, and obviously the Judiciary has overstepped their power. What's next? Outlawing Buddhist celebrations? If I don't stand up for your right to express your religion I will find mine curtailed later

Dont' worry the Buddhist still have a little time, it's still very PC to be Buddhist, but hey Christians are trying hard now finally, maybe they woke up?

Bonnie said:

Dont' worry the Buddhist still have a little time, it's still very PC to be Buddhist, but hey Christians are trying hard now finally, maybe they woke up?

Yeah, but the Gypsies probably thought that way in Germany, until they started coming for them as well...

To simplify, if I stand by and do nothing complacent because it is not me that they attack I become part of the problem, not the solution, and in the end will probably lose my rights too, deservedly so IMO.

no1tovote4 said:
Yeah, but the Gypsies probably thought that way in Germany, until they started coming for them as well...

To simplify, if I stand by and do nothing complacent because it is not me that they attack I become part of the problem, not the solution, and in the end will probably lose my rights too, deservedly so IMO.

Absolutely right about that.

rtwngAvngr said:
I think sacrficing a goat would probably violate the zero tolerance policy for knives in school.

What kind of wuss uses a knife? Get possessed by some Papa Ghede and go for the bare handed kill.

deaddude said:
What kind of wuss uses a knife? Get possessed by some Papa Ghede and go for the bare handed kill.

But since it is a goat it has horns and therefore can be used as a pointed instrument. It would be an illegal weapon and you would be expelled.

I am surprised students are allowed to bring pencils to school, they can be used to stab people.

no1tovote4 said:
But since it is a goat it has horns and therefore can be used as a pointed instrument. It would be an illegal weapon and you would be expelled.

I am surprised students are allowed to bring pencils to school, they can be used to stab people.

Hell any sheep or even a chicken can suffice, as long as you drink the blood,
And don’t tell anyone but I went to school without having my canine teeth removed.

Bonnie said:
And why are other forms of religious expression or beliefs being allowed, such as the Manorah, the Curan, Wican's, Native American.......Everything BUT Christianity!!

What kind of expression are you refering to?

Forum List

Back