'don't Impose Your Values' Argument Is Bigotry In Disguise

Bonnie said:
So your off the hook then, whenever someone comes near you with the bible just :lalala: :lalala: and you don't have to worry about hell :thup:

I'm more polite than that...I would just say "No, Thank You".

Bonnie said:
Well I do the same when the Johovas witnesses come to my door.......LOL nicely of course

I used to invite them in and listen. They were usually surprised that I have knowledge of the Bible when they first see my Buddhist paraphenalia around the house.

Since I have moved to the boondocks I never see them any more. :(

They only attempt this because they think I will go to hell without accepting their faith. It is understandable that these people care about others, even a stranger like me and wish me the same salvation that they have.

I feel for them...Often when salvation comes too easily people are left without the spiritual relationship that is built through hard work. Too often I see Christians stumbling through issues better left to a Higher Power, but they don't see that you have to let some things go. It all comes down to that particular spiritual relationship you have, those that have it immediately give those types of problems over to that Power.

However they are incredibly polite and if you tell them that you are uninterested they will go. Just remember the only reason most of them spend time doing the door to door thing is because they actually care, there is no reason to be rude to them.

Im never rude to them, however I will say some of them can be stubborn when I say no thank you Im Catholic and Im happy being so........they sometimes persist. Im sure their intentions are well meaninged. My mother has a good childhood friend that is one, but she never tries to convert any of us.

Bonnie said:
Im never rude to them, however I will say some of them can be stubborn when I say no thank you Im Catholic and Im happy being so........they sometimes persist. Im sure their intentions are well meaninged. My mother has a good childhood friend that is one, but she never tries to convert any of us.

My post was actually a long-winded agreement to your post. I guess I get carried away sometimes. :D

We used to meet this guy on the way home from school who would try to convert us every day. He and I got into a scripture battle, he would quote some, I would quote some. It was actually rather fun attempting to catch each other out and point out discrepancies in understanding and arguing about if the verses were taken out of context.

no1tovote4 said:
My post was actually a long-winded agreement to your post. I guess I get carried away sometimes. :D

We used to meet this guy on the way home from school who would try to convert us every day. He and I got into a scripture battle, he would quote some, I would quote some. It was actually rather fun attempting to catch each other out and point out discrepancies in understanding and arguing about if the verses were taken out of context.

Now here's the thing about J Witnesses........They believe only about 140.000 thousand of them will actually get to heaven, so If I were them I woudn't be giving away any secrets would you????? LOL

Bonnie said:
Now here's the thing about J Witnesses........They believe only about 140.000 thousand of them will actually get to heaven, so If I were them I woudn't be giving away any secrets would you????? LOL

No I don't suppose that I would! :D

*The rest get to live in Paradise on Earth, defined as in the presense of God as God will live here on Earth with them. Good enough reward I suppose.

Bonnie said:

The whole reason JW's do what they do is that the underlying belief system of the JWs is salvation by works. They believe that they have to work hard enough to be in the top 144,000 of all believers, or they don't make it to heaven.

gop_jeff said:
The whole reason JW's do what they do is that the underlying belief system of the JWs is salvation by works. They believe that they have to work hard enough to be in the top 144,000 of all believers, or they don't make it to heaven.

I figured that was the case........Good incentive I suppose:)

Bonnie said:
I figured that was the case........Good incentive I suppose:)

New Jerusalem will be one city on Earth, the city itself would only fit 144,000 Saints. However, as I said, Earth itself will be one big paradise as everybody on Earth gets to live in God's presense, therefore it would depend on what you want to call "heaven".

no1tovote4 said:
New Jerusalem will be one city on Earth, the city itself would only fit 144,000 Saints. However, as I said, Earth itself will be one big paradise as everybody on Earth gets to live in God's presense, therefore it would depend on what you want to call "heaven".

Actually Catholics believe similarly, that after the second coming of Christ and the Anti-Christ, God would set up paradise on Earth for a thousand years.....Everyone would be young and beautiful, no disease, or poverty. That sounds like something worth striving for.

Bonnie said:
Much like Christians heaven.

Not really. Christianity teaches that there is heaven and hell, but no middle-of-the-road option for good people who didn't happen to believe in that particular religion.

gop_jeff said:
Not really. Christianity teaches that there is heaven and hell, but no middle-of-the-road option for good people who didn't happen to believe in that particular religion.

Unless you count pergatory, but that sounds like boring place to hang out.

Forum List

Back