Don't ask, Don't tell, over in two days - GOP Furious

I am a leftist because I correctly peg you as to what you are? I am no more a leftist than you are a Republican conservative, daveman, and the board overwhelmingly recognizes that.

You are projecting when you talk about being unhappy with disagreement. Get over it, sunshine :lol: I will call you down every time you are wrong, which is most of the time.

Don't like it? You can leave.
You'd like that. Because you hate freedom of speech.

Look, kid, you get leftists defending you and agreeing with you all the time. Leftists who wouldn't agree with a conservative if he said the sun rises in the east.

Even the leftists know you're a leftist. You can stamp your feet and pout and threaten to hold your breath until you die all you like, and nobody's going to buy your horseshit.

You are not a conservative, daveman: you prove it everytime you post.

Calling you down when you are wrong is not ending free speech, it is preserving it. Keep talking wrong, no one is going to stop you. Keep playing the ass.

Choices have consequences, however, and you will take them every time you talk stupid.
Hush, boy. Go cheer-lead for Obama somewhere.

There was a time when idiots screamed at the thought of non segregated military here in the states. There was a time when idiots screamed at the thought of woman being pilots. There was a time when idiots screamed at the thought of blacks even being allowed in the united states military. There was a time when idiots screamed at the thought of interracial marriages being allowed here in the fucking UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. There were idiots who really really really did not like the thought of a black president simply due to the fact that he was black.

Lets all thank God old school homophobes and racists are dying off. Daveman, this includes you. Nothing personal, just an observation.
WTF?!! I support gays serving openly, and I have no problem with Palin's fling with a black man, as an example.

What makes me homophobic and racist?

You are lookings 'tupid yet again, daveman. You claim without much evidence that you really, really, really are conservative. Do you give to charity?

You are lookings 'tupid yet again, daveman. You claim without much evidence that you really, really, really are conservative. Do you give to charity?

Not at the moment -- I'm unemployed. Throughout my military career, however, I donated monthly to the Air Force Assistance Fund and to various charities through the Combined Federal Campaign, always above the recommended amount for my pay grade.

I start a new job Monday, however.

Say, is anyone going to explain why I'm homophobic and racist? Please note that "Because you're a white conservative!" is horseshit and will be soundly ridiculed.

Yep. My guess is there's gonna be a suge in enlistments now because of this. It's about time they got rid of this failed policy.

BTW........yes, Clinton DID enact DADT, but that was all he could get from a Republican congress, because his original intention was to allow them to serve openly.

Like I've stated before, prior to 1993 and DADT, if you said you were gay, you were out within 48 hours of admitting it. After DADT, you could fight to stay in, but generally you only got a year.

Getting rid of this policy will make our military stronger.

Not at the moment -- I'm unemployed. Throughout my military career, however, I donated monthly to the Air Force Assistance Fund and to various charities through the Combined Federal Campaign, always above the recommended amount for my pay grade.

Say, is anyone going to explain why I'm homophobic and racist? Please note that "Because you're a white conservative!" is horseshit and will be soundly ridiculed.

I congratulate you on that. Good for you. Good luck on your new job: make a fortune.

Many white conservatives are not racist. Some so-called conservatives, unfortunately, are just that. Some white liberals are racist as well.

The point is this. Black Americans are smart enough to vote for those whom they trust, and overwhelmingly that trust is not placed in the GOP.

wellllll just sittin' here.....

waitin' to be furious......

got my guns, my bible and my antipathy to keep me company...

not sure I can keep this up for 2 days. :doubt:

can I get an amen??

wellllll just sittin' here.....waitin' to be furious......got my guns, my bible and my antipathy to keep me company...not sure I can keep this up for 2 days. :doubt: can I get an amen??

Take a nap, rest up.

I congratulate you on that. Good for you. Good luck on your new job: make a fortune.

Many white conservatives are not racist. Some so-called conservatives, unfortunately, are just that. Some white liberals are racist as well.

The point is this. Black Americans are smart enough to vote for those whom they trust, and overwhelmingly that trust is not placed in the GOP.

:eusa_eh: wtf does that mean????really?

and well, they have been putting their faith in the dem party for 50 years....and? hows that going btw as they will be back and obama will get 90% OF those blacks that do vote next year even into the teeth of the worst unemployment for them since...well, civil rights era..... no wait, I think its further back:rolleyes:

You not liking it means nothing, Trajan, nothing at all. Black Americans do not overwhelmingly trust the GOP. You being unhappy about that will change nothing.

Yep. My guess is there's gonna be a suge in enlistments now because of this. It's about time they got rid of this failed policy.

BTW........yes, Clinton DID enact DADT, but that was all he could get from a Republican congress, because his original intention was to allow them to serve openly.

Like I've stated before, prior to 1993 and DADT, if you said you were gay, you were out within 48 hours of admitting it. After DADT, you could fight to stay in, but generally you only got a year.

Getting rid of this policy will make our military stronger.

Surge in enlistments??? There's a waiting list to get in now. The high unemployment rate has people lined up for miles trying to get in, plus the Navy is shedding about 3000 billets. Not only will the old gays have trouble getting in, but the new ones will as well.

Many black liberals are racist also.

Why do leftists have trouble with individualism?

Individualism doesn't mean you can redefine the language any way you want, or apply a label to yourself that clearly doesn't fit just because you like the sound.

Conservatives (at this time) don't believe in gay rights. You do. You are not (on this issue) a conservative. Q.E.D.

Let's try a few other samples.

Do you believe that drugs should be decriminalized and the war on drugs ended?

Do you either approve of same-sex marriage, or believe the state should stop messing around with marriage altogether regardless of gender match?

Do you think we should avoid getting involved in foreign wars and bring our troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan?

Do you believe that the government should end subsidies to big agriculture, oil companies, and other privately-owned corporations where the government shows favoritism today?

OK, it's time for me to make another unpopular post.

Furious? Far from it. Do I still believe that gays serving openly in the military is a bad Idea? Yes I do.
Not only a bad idea but the worst thing the military has done since I started with the military 40 years ago.

And no, I do not hate gays, many of you know that I have a gay step son.

But I am also a realist, I saw this coming in 93 when they started DADT.

So, I truly hope that there are no problems with this new status in the military. But there will be, we all know it. And most of you who have served know that most "incidents" will not be heard about because the military will keep them hushed up.

Best of luck to those who are serving today. My salute and carry on.

It certainly is a change and the military hates change

They claimed morale would be destroyed if they allowed blacks to serve along side whites

They claimed unit readiness and cohesion would fall if they expanded the roles of women

The military is tough. They, like armies around the world have, will get over having to serve with a homosexual

I hope so, but no it's not the same thing. And women don't live in the same room as men. It will have it's fair share of problems.

OK, it's time for me to make another unpopular post.

Furious? Far from it. Do I still believe that gays serving openly in the military is a bad Idea? Yes I do.
Not only a bad idea but the worst thing the military has done since I started with the military 40 years ago.

And no, I do not hate gays, many of you know that I have a gay step son.

But I am also a realist, I saw this coming in 93 when they started DADT.

So, I truly hope that there are no problems with this new status in the military. But there will be, we all know it. And most of you who have served know that most "incidents" will not be heard about because the military will keep them hushed up.

Best of luck to those who are serving today. My salute and carry on.

It certainly is a change and the military hates change

They claimed morale would be destroyed if they allowed blacks to serve along side whites

They claimed unit readiness and cohesion would fall if they expanded the roles of women

The military is tough. They, like armies around the world have, will get over having to serve with a homosexual

I hope so, but no it's not the same thing. And women don't live in the same room as men. It will have it's fair share of problems.

Would you rather sleep in the same room as someone who is gay or with someone who snores?

Forum List

Back