Don't ask, Don't tell, over in two days - GOP Furious

Does this mean the green shirt airdale named "Stevie" who used to give haircuts in the 0-2 level deck head in the 80s after 1900 hours - the guy who used to wear ear rings, jewelry and waltz aroung like Liberace with a cigarette and disco music blaring - is going to tell us he's gay? Then the next day, we'd be passing ammo to him on a working party?

Oh goodie.

Thanks President Obama.

We would have never have known he was gay.

Stupid fucking Liberals. You live and work with someone 24/7

You don't think we know these people?

Move along assholes. Stay the fuck out of military issues which you clearly don't know shit about.

(John Lehman attacks the Navy for its current Sodomy: Si!, Killing The Enemy: No! culture. One things for sure, there won't be any more late afternoon pursuits of just discovered Japanese Carriers at the limit of the fighter's range for this Navy as there was in June, 1944.)

"The Navy’s former top civilian has rocked the service in a military journal article by accusing officials of sinking the storied naval air branch into a sea of political correctness.

Former Navy Secretary John Lehman, himself a former carrier-based aviator, wrote that the swagger and daring of yesterday’s culture has given way to a focus on integrating women and, this year, gays.

Pilots constantly worry about anonymous complaints about salty language, while squadron commanders are awash in bureaucratic requirements for reports and statistics, he added.

“Those attributes of naval aviators — willingness to take intelligent calculated risk, self-confidence, even a certain swagger — that are invaluable in wartime are the very ones that make them particularly vulnerable in today’s zero-tolerance Navy,” said Mr. Lehman, who led the Navy in the Reagan administration.

“The political correctness thought police, like Inspector Javert in ‘Les Miserables,’ are out to get them and are relentless.”"

Lehman rocks Navy with complaints about political correctness - Washington Times

DADT was an impetus toward change in response to violent hate crimes against homosexuals within the military. DADT was never intended to change the world nor be permanent. It was a step in the right direction at the time. Anything more rigid would have required immediate behavioural and thought patterns to change within a culture not easily changed.

Thanks dean. Keep reminding Americans that legalized sodomy is important enough to democrats that they would undermine the structure of the Military in a time of war. I doubt if the GOP is furious. Most of us Tea Party Vets are saddened though.

Thanks dean. Keep reminding Americans that legalized sodomy is important enough to democrats that they would undermine the structure of the Military in a time of war. I doubt if the GOP is furious. Most of us Tea Party Vets are saddened though.

Why should sodomy between consenting adults be anyones concern?

Tea Baggers love to get into peoples bedrooms

Why do you keep telling lies?

Really? Who else cares what people do in the privacy of their own homes?

The Pentagon disagrees with you:

Delay DADT Repeal? Pentagon Says No

The repeal of 'don’t ask, don’t tell' will occur, in accordance with the law and after a rigorous certification process, on September 20,” the Pentagon spokesman said. “Senior Department of Defense officials have advised Congress of changes to regulations and policies associated with repeal. We take that obligation seriously.”

Update: Servicemembers Legal Defense Network executive director Aubrey Sarvis issued the following statement on the letter from McKeon and Wilson:

“This is another example of the hardcore opposition attempting to delay or undo 'don’t ask, don’t tell' repeal. I expect they will continue to look for openings to deny gay and lesbian service members the same rights and dignity as their straight counterparts. On the substance, Mr. McKeon and Mr. Wilson are simply wrong. The statute only requires that the new regulations be prepared — not issued — before certification.”

Delay DADT Repeal? Pentagon Says No | News | The Advocate

True. And ignore the Constitution.

Conservatives have been the enemy of the 4th Amendment for decades – from opposition to privacy rights with regard to abortion, to expanding the state’s power concerning police search and seizure authority, and most recently the ‘Patriot Act.’

You make my point phony wightwinger. Why does it always come down to a left-right political argument? All democrats can't be sissies can they? Sex between conscenting adults was a non issue in the Military (aside from explicit VD movies) before democrats made sodomy an issue. Anybody can see it, democrats are lurking and legislating and and defiling and obsessing on peoples bedrooms while republicans just want to be left alone. Thanks to democrats we have officially sanctioned dangerous sexual conduct welcomed as a integral part of the Military.

You make my point phony wightwinger. Why does it always come down to a left-right political argument? All democrats can't be sissies can they? Sex between conscenting adults was a non issue in the Military (aside from explicit VD movies) before democrats made sodomy an issue. Anybody can see it, democrats are lurking and legislating and and defiling and obsessing on peoples bedrooms while republicans just want to be left alone. Thanks to democrats we have officially sanctioned dangerous sexual conduct welcomed as a integral part of the Military.

Dude, get a grip. Look at your own words and the judging sentiment, and you are the one who used the word sodomy.

dangerous sexual conduct

We crazy libs want dignity and respect for all peoples regardless of their personal sexual desires; how is this wrong?

Last edited:
You are deflecting from your failures, as usual, daveman.

You are a wannabee pretend GOP. You are not. You are an economic conservative libertarian who is liberal on social issues.

Your problem is that you are not consistent, and you have trouble taking constructive criticism from your betters. Most libertarians do, I understand that, but, hey, you can try to improve yourself.
Spoken like a true leftist.

Conservatives don't believe we're better than anyone else, boy. Take your unearned sense of superiority (you ever going to do anything to justify that, by the way?) and head on back to DU if you can't tolerate being disagreed with -- and you can't.

I am a leftist because I correctly peg you as to what you are? I am no more a leftist than you are a Republican conservative, daveman, and the board overwhelmingly recognizes that.

You are projecting when you talk about being unhappy with disagreement. Get over it, sunshine :lol: I will call you down every time you are wrong, which is most of the time.

Don't like it? You can leave.

Does this mean the green shirt airdale named "Stevie" who used to give haircuts in the 0-2 level deck head in the 80s after 1900 hours - the guy who used to wear ear rings, jewelry and waltz aroung like Liberace with a cigarette and disco music blaring - is going to tell us he's gay? Then the next day, we'd be passing ammo to him on a working party?

Oh goodie.

Thanks President Obama.

We would have never have known he was gay.

Stupid fucking Liberals. You live and work with someone 24/7

You don't think we know these people?

Move along assholes. Stay the fuck out of military issues which you clearly don't know shit about.

Fuck off. You served, you know the problems that military personnel had with this stupidity. Yes, we knew who some same sex folks were, and we suspected some others, and some were just hated because they were perceived to be. You give conservatives a bad name.

So just fuck off.

The left opposes homeschooling, weapons ownership, defense of private property, private charity.

Your less-than-credible rebuttal will boil down to "Nuh-UH!!"

Now you are just making shit up

The left opposes private charity?
:lol:

Why is it that anyone talks about private sexual activities, you start talking about your gun?

Last edited:
You are deflecting from your failures, as usual, daveman.

You are a wannabee pretend GOP. You are not. You are an economic conservative libertarian who is liberal on social issues.

Your problem is that you are not consistent, and you have trouble taking constructive criticism from your betters. Most libertarians do, I understand that, but, hey, you can try to improve yourself.
Spoken like a true leftist.

Conservatives don't believe we're better than anyone else, boy. Take your unearned sense of superiority (you ever going to do anything to justify that, by the way?) and head on back to DU if you can't tolerate being disagreed with -- and you can't.

I am a leftist because I correctly peg you as to what you are? I am no more a leftist than you are a Republican conservative, daveman, and the board overwhelmingly recognizes that.

You are projecting when you talk about being unhappy with disagreement. Get over it, sunshine :lol: I will call you down every time you are wrong, which is most of the time.

Don't like it? You can leave.
You'd like that. Because you hate freedom of speech.

Look, kid, you get leftists defending you and agreeing with you all the time. Leftists who wouldn't agree with a conservative if he said the sun rises in the east.

Even the leftists know you're a leftist. You can stamp your feet and pout and threaten to hold your breath until you die all you like, and nobody's going to buy your horseshit.

The left opposes homeschooling, weapons ownership, defense of private property, private charity.

No, I'm not.
Yes.
Why is it that anyone talks about private sexual activities, you start talking about your gun?
Why do you hate people being able to defend themselves?

Oh, and I called it: Your less-than-credible rebuttal boiled down to "Nuh-UH!!"

No, I'm not.
Yes.

When have I ever spoken out against people defending themselves?

Still just making shit up Dave

No, I'm not.

Yes.

When have I ever spoken out against people defending themselves?

Still just making shit up Dave
Are you the entire left?

Hint: No.

Forum List

Back