Don't ask, Don't tell, over in two days - GOP Furious

Just spent about 30 minutes or so reading the comments in a Military.com article. It makes me more worried about problems than I imagined. There are a lot of troops who did not support this. But of course many of us tried to tell you this. Anyway, read it for yourself if you are interested, there must be several hundred comments there already.

'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy is History

You are so right. There are some GREAT posts.

MK10_gunner Sep 20, 2011 8:41:47 PM
Doesn't bother me whom you want to be with. But do I have to know your gay? Is it going to change my opinion about you? Not really, just don't throw it in my face every moment you can. Be gay, be happy with who you are. I don't walk around with a 'I'm straight' symbol on me, can you do the same for me? I will accept you and my brother/sister(for women) in arms. I will have your back if you have mine. Lets just be Military Brothers and Sisters wearing one symbol, that of a service member!

ProLTC Sep 20, 2011 9:12:47 PM
As I have said before today - thank you Jesus and God Bless America. What a great country we live in!

BTDT8404 Sep 20, 2011 8:17:55 PM
Good riddance to DADT. And to those pictured marching, thank you for your service despite the ignorance you've encountered and likely still will. Just read most of these comments for an example of the small minded folks still around. The good news is now all they can do is wallow in their hate.

ArmyAirRecon Sep 20, 2011 8:32:46 PM
I don't care. The UJMC hasn't changed. The only thing that will change is the number of bar fights.

MCMP Sep 20, 2011 8:47:14 PM
Amen!! Being a disabled veteran with over 13-1/2 years in I am glad that my brothers and sisters can now serve openly without fearing administrative persecution...I'm only hoping that they keep a good head on their shoulders and not do anything that would put themselves in harms way with their fellow servicemembers. As the saying goes there's a difference between being gay and being GAAAAAAAAYYYY!!! It's still the military and there's still a need for good order and DISCIPLINE!!

futurelooksbad Sep 21, 2011 2:06:09 AM
chadroc23: I agree with your posts. Why are the socall straight troops getting upset. I'm retired and I had friends that were gay while active but it didn't mean a thing to me. If the troops will just do their mission all will be well.

jhstein Sep 21, 2011 4:29:32 AM
I truly believe that this change ADDS to the security of our country as now NO ONE can be blackmailed because of his/her sexuality. If everyone knows then there will be no secure information leaks as no one can be threatened anymore. It is as simple as that. Logic now rules.

This is my all time favorite. It has to be a Republican. Well, at least they're honest and this probably represents the majority of the Republican base. In fact, I'm sure it does. They are 90% white.

LC45 Sep 20, 2011 9:34:32 PM
Sad...to allow such trashy behavior to go unpunished......dammed mulatto half breed president we have.......

Gotta keep that white race pure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just spent about 30 minutes or so reading the comments in a Military.com article. It makes me more worried about problems than I imagined. There are a lot of troops who did not support this. But of course many of us tried to tell you this. Anyway, read it for yourself if you are interested, there must be several hundred comments there already.

Doesn't bother me whom you want to be with. But do I have to know your gay? Is it going to change my opinion about you? Not really, just don't throw it in my face every moment you can. Be gay, be happy with who you are. I don't walk around with a 'I'm straight' symbol on me, can you do the same for me? I will accept you and my brother/sister(for women) in arms. I will have your back if you have mine. Lets just be Military Brothers and Sisters wearing one symbol, that of a service member!

As I have said before today - thank you Jesus and God Bless America. What a great country we live in!

Good riddance to DADT. And to those pictured marching, thank you for your service despite the ignorance you've encountered and likely still will. Just read most of these comments for an example of the small minded folks still around. The good news is now all they can do is wallow in their hate.

I don't care. The UJMC hasn't changed. The only thing that will change is the number of bar fights.

Amen!! Being a disabled veteran with over 13-1/2 years in I am glad that my brothers and sisters can now serve openly without fearing administrative persecution...I'm only hoping that they keep a good head on their shoulders and not do anything that would put themselves in harms way with their fellow servicemembers. As the saying goes there's a difference between being gay and being GAAAAAAAAYYYY!!! It's still the military and there's still a need for good order and DISCIPLINE!!

chadroc23: I agree with your posts. Why are the socall straight troops getting upset. I'm retired and I had friends that were gay while active but it didn't mean a thing to me. If the troops will just do their mission all will be well.

I truly believe that this change ADDS to the security of our country as now NO ONE can be blackmailed because of his/her sexuality. If everyone knows then there will be no secure information leaks as no one can be threatened anymore. It is as simple as that. Logic now rules.

This is my all time favorite. It has to be a Republican. Well, at least they're honest and this probably represents the majority of the Republican base. In fact, I'm sure it does. They are 90% white.

Sad...to allow such trashy behavior to go unpunished......dammed mulatto half breed president we have.......

You fucking hack, I posted it for people to read all the posts not just the hand picked ones that agree with you, you sorry assed armchair general. Why do you have to always be such a fucking moron?

I disagree agreeably with you, SFCOllie. I believe it will work without much glitch. I do believe you (we all do) hope for the best.

I think it is much ado about nothing. I think most males will still be reluctant to expose their sexuality until they see how things go. I believe most of those who come out immediately will be females

I think you are right.

Either there are glitches, as you say, or there will be not much about anything. You can have all the opinions you wish, but stay consistent, please.

You fucking hack, I posted it for people to read all the posts not just the hand picked ones that agree with you, you sorry assed armchair general. Why do you have to always be such a fucking moron?

From what you wrote, there was the impression that none of them were positive. But not all the ones I posted were positive. I'm sure you agree with the last one.

If that idiot represents all Republicans, then I suppose this represents you:

SHOOTOFFICERS3152003frontpage.gif

...and it really wouldn't surprise me to find out you agree with that.

Been there, done that, drank the beer, and still wear the tee shirt............ And still believe that gays serving openly is wrong. We shall see what happens, I do hope for the best.

I disagree agreeably with you, SFCOllie. I believe it will work without much glitch. I do believe you (we all do) hope for the best.

I think it is much ado about nothing. I think most males will still be reluctant to expose their sexuality until they see how things go. I believe most of those who come out immediately will be females

Wanna bet? At 12:01 am on the repeal of DADT, an officer married HIS longtime partner in Vermont. Why? HE wanted to be the first one.

Fortunately, individual troops don't run the military, they follow orders.

That is true on the surface. But the power in the military, the day to day operations, is in the hands of the individual NCO's. And if they turn a blind eye............. I'm just saying there could be some serious problems.....

There would only be problems if they were bigoted assholes such as yourself Stupid Fucker Called Ollie.

I think you are right.

Either there are glitches, as you say, or there will be not much about anything. You can have all the opinions you wish, but stay consistent, please.

How am I inconsistent? You claimed there will be no glitches, I think there will be a few. I also think that the people that are saying it will destroy the military are wrong.

Wanna bet? At 12:01 am on the repeal of DADT, an officer married HIS longtime partner in Vermont. Why? HE wanted to be the first one.

Yes...HE did

I still think most gay males are going to keep a low profile until this thing shakes out

Since the order not to ask and not to tell has been scrapped it follows that the Military can ask and can tell. Would the sissies be offended if the Drill Instructors asked homosexual and hetrosexual recruits to identify their sexual orientation? We wouldn't want the special (male) recruits to be offended by a photo of a nakid woman or discussion about male-female relationships would we?

Since the order not to ask and not to tell has been scrapped it follows that the Military can ask and can tell. Would the sissies be offended if the Drill Instructors asked homosexual and hetrosexual recruits to identify their sexual orientation? We wouldn't want the special (male) recruits to be offended by a photo of a nakid woman or discussion about male-female relationships would we?

Gay male recruits have always been subjected to that type of discussion about heterosexual relationships. Under DADT they have been restricted from talking about their own relationships

Now they can

Gay male recruits have always been subjected to that type of discussion about heterosexual relationships. Under DADT they have been restricted from talking about their own relationships

Now they can

Ah, payback rears (pardon the pun) it's ugly head in the liberal mind. The deal is that sodomites have always been able to keep their special secret hidden in the Military. Now, thanks to a federal order, they can (be forced to?) come out of the closet. It's only fair to hetros that the more risky form of sexual behavior be brought out into the open for everyone to discuss.

Now they can

Ah, payback rears (pardon the pun) it's ugly head in the liberal mind. The deal is that sodomites have always been able to keep their special secret hidden in the Military. Now, thanks to a federal order, they can (be forced to?) come out of the closet. It's only fair to hetros that the more risky form of sexual behavior be brought out into the open for everyone to discuss.

"More risky"? You've gotta be kidding............most STD's in the military are generally attributed to hetero sex.

And, if you're talking about AIDS, you should also know that EVERYONE gets tested on active duty, at least once a year, if not every 6 months. BTW........the only person with AIDS that I knew of in the military was stationed at NAS Jacksonville hospital, and they were hetero.

Now they can

Monogamous homosexual sex is as safe as monogamous heterosexual sex. The problem comes when soldiers visit prostitutes and engage in chance sexual encounters....regardless of sexuality

Homosex often results in bloody body parts that were never intended for sexual relationship. The left desperately hoped that the AIDS epidemic would spread to the hetro community but it never did happen except in rare instances and by blood transfusions donated by AIDs infected people. Now it's open house in the Military with all those ass holes running around. If homos were honest they would quit slinking around and "say it now we're HIV Pos and proud".

Homosex often results in bloody body parts that were never intended for sexual relationship. The left desperately hoped that the AIDS epidemic would spread to the hetro community but it never did happen except in rare instances and by blood transfusions donated by AIDs infected people. Now it's open house in the Military with all those ass holes running around. If homos were honest they would quit slinking around and "say it now we're HIV Pos and proud".

Hey stupid..................the fastest growing rate of HIV infection is among HETEROSEXUAL PEOPLE RIGHT NOW.

And........I was in the US Navy from 1982 until 2002 when I retired. Like I said, the only person I ever met while on active duty who had AIDS was a petty officer who was stationed at NAS Jax hospital, who was heterosexual. Part of his duties (since he was no longer eligible to deploy) was to go around to various commands and give speeches on what happened to him. He picked it up via heterosexual sex with a prostitute.

Homosex often results in bloody body parts that were never intended for sexual relationship. The left desperately hoped that the AIDS epidemic would spread to the hetro community but it never did happen except in rare instances and by blood transfusions donated by AIDs infected people. Now it's open house in the Military with all those ass holes around. If homos were honest they would quit slinking around and "say it now we're HIV Pos and proud".

I haven't heard as ignorant description Of AIDS in thirty years. I guess there are still a few of you left

Now they can

"More risky"? You've gotta be kidding............most STD's in the military are generally attributed to hetero sex.

And, if you're talking about AIDS, you should also know that EVERYONE gets tested on active duty, at least once a year, if not every 6 months. BTW........the only person with AIDS that I knew of in the military was stationed at NAS Jacksonville hospital, and they were hetero.

http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nhrc/dhapp/resources/documents/648501x.pdf

http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nhrc/dhapp/resources/Documents/SECNAVINST530030D.pdf

The above directives state that DOD and Navy personnel shall be tested for HIV no more than and no less than every two years, unless clinically indicated. The effective date is 2006 which is after you retired but I never was tested for HIV annually and certainly not semi-annually. Also, as an Independent Duty Corpsman, I was responsible for conducting HIV testing for the crew. Doing it periodically was bad enough but once or twice a year for everyone would have been a nightmare.

I was LCPO at the largest clinic in NavHosp Jax and never was aware of this HIV positive Sailor you speak of that had to go to different commands and tell others about his private medical condition. It must have been before or after I was there.

Forum List

Back