Don't ask, Don't tell, over in two days - GOP Furious

Why do leftists have trouble with individualism?

Individualism doesn't mean you can redefine the language any way you want, or apply a label to yourself that clearly doesn't fit just because you like the sound.

Conservatives (at this time) don't believe in gay rights. You do. You are not (on this issue) a conservative. Q.E.D.

Let's try a few other samples.

Do you believe that drugs should be decriminalized and the war on drugs ended?

Do you either approve of same-sex marriage, or believe the state should stop messing around with marriage altogether regardless of gender match?

Do you think we should avoid getting involved in foreign wars and bring our troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan?

Do you believe that the government should end subsidies to big agriculture, oil companies, and other privately-owned corporations where the government shows favoritism today?

There are different types of conservatives, just like there are different types of liberals. I know of liberals who oppose immigration and gay rights, that does not make them not liberal, it just makes them human.

It certainly is a change and the military hates change

They claimed morale would be destroyed if they allowed blacks to serve along side whites

They claimed unit readiness and cohesion would fall if they expanded the roles of women

The military is tough. They, like armies around the world have, will get over having to serve with a homosexual

I hope so, but no it's not the same thing. And women don't live in the same room as men. It will have it's fair share of problems.

Would you rather sleep in the same room as someone who is gay or with someone who snores?

It's not just sleeping, it's living. That room is your house. I'll take the snorer.....

Not at the moment -- I'm unemployed. Throughout my military career, however, I donated monthly to the Air Force Assistance Fund and to various charities through the Combined Federal Campaign, always above the recommended amount for my pay grade.

I start a new job Monday, however.

Say, is anyone going to explain why I'm homophobic and racist? Please note that "Because you're a white conservative!" is horseshit and will be soundly ridiculed.

I congratulate you on that. Good for you. Good luck on your new job: make a fortune.

Many white conservatives are not racist. Some so-called conservatives, unfortunately, are just that. Some white liberals are racist as well.

The point is this. Black Americans are smart enough to vote for those whom they trust, and overwhelmingly that trust is not placed in the GOP.
Many black liberals are racist also.

Indeed, many black liberals are racist, indeed.

There are different types of conservatives, just like there are different types of liberals. I know of liberals who oppose immigration and gay rights, that does not make them not liberal, it just makes them human.

It makes them, on those issues, conservative. They may be liberal on other issues. There are not different types of liberals and conservatives, only different types of people.

Dave is obviously conservative on economic issues but liberal on social issues. There is, as it happens, already a name for people who have that particular mix of opinions on the issues. We call them libertarians.

You not liking it means nothing, Trajan, nothing at all. Black Americans do not overwhelmingly trust the GOP. You being unhappy about that will change nothing.
my like has zip to do with it and I didn't say. so, whats the basis of their trust?
The right question for Republicans is : why don't they trust the GOP?

This is what I have been arguing with my fellow Republicans and those far Hard Right wack wannabeebutneverwillbee Republicans. What the Dems do does not matter. What Pubs do does matter.

So the right question is: what does the GOP need to do?

Would you rather sleep in the same room as someone who is gay or with someone who snores?

It's not just sleeping, it's living. That room is your house. I'll take the snorer.....

You haven't heard me snore.
Pffffffffffft...........My uncle retired after a 30 year career with LACFD........He snored so bad, they actually had to build a shed next to the firehouse for him to sleep in during the 3 on 4 off shifts.........It was portable, and followed him every time he was reassigned.......He retired as a Captain, during his ceremony, they presented it to him after having it painted and prettied up to look like a real house....It now sits on his ranch up in Montana, and serves as his horse equipment room.

True story

Last edited:
I have a feeling there's a lot of silent solidarity among those still opposed to this, and that makes me kind of happy. DADT was repealed by an out-going Congress, a (hopefully) out-going President, and based on a BS poll most of the military didn't bother to respond to. Now the media is saying "DADT repeal is causing few waves"...as if soldiers were going to riot. The military will adapt mostly because they have no other fucking choice but accept it.

I don't expect to hear anything else about this afterward, and the leftists will of course use that as proof that "nothing happened" as a result of it being repealed.

You are lookings 'tupid yet again, daveman. You claim without much evidence that you really, really, really are conservative. Do you give to charity?

Not at the moment -- I'm unemployed. Throughout my military career, however, I donated monthly to the Air Force Assistance Fund and to various charities through the Combined Federal Campaign, always above the recommended amount for my pay grade.

I start a new job Monday, however.

Say, is anyone going to explain why I'm homophobic and racist? Please note that "Because you're a white conservative!" is horseshit and will be soundly ridiculed.

I congratulate you on that. Good for you. Good luck on your new job: make a fortune.

Many white conservatives are not racist. Some so-called conservatives, unfortunately, are just that. Some white liberals are racist as well.

The point is this. Black Americans are smart enough to vote for those whom they trust, and overwhelmingly that trust is not placed in the GOP.
MOST white conservatives are not racist. Stop buying the left's bullshit.

Why do leftists have trouble with individualism?

Individualism doesn't mean you can redefine the language any way you want, or apply a label to yourself that clearly doesn't fit just because you like the sound.

Conservatives (at this time) don't believe in gay rights. You do. You are not (on this issue) a conservative. Q.E.D.

Let's try a few other samples.

Do you believe that drugs should be decriminalized and the war on drugs ended?

Do you either approve of same-sex marriage, or believe the state should stop messing around with marriage altogether regardless of gender match?

Do you think we should avoid getting involved in foreign wars and bring our troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan?

Do you believe that the government should end subsidies to big agriculture, oil companies, and other privately-owned corporations where the government shows favoritism today?
Yeah, not playing your silly little game. I know what I am. If I don't fit your stereotypes, too bad. Maybe you shouldn't rely on them. Try thinking.

poll the cons and see how they feel on the subject.

see what happens
I support the end of DADT.

Now, quick! Claim I don't!

I, too, support the end of it and have since Clinton signed it into law in the 90's. :eusa_whistle:
I came around to supporting the end of it a couple of years ago, thanks to an internet friend. He was discharged from the Marines for being gay. He lost out, having to stop serving the country he loved; the Corps lost out, losing a good radio intel guy and NCO; and America lost out, losing a valuable, committed, and well-trained asset.

He's very happily married to his husband now in CA. And I thank him for showing me how wrong I was on DADT.

It makes them, on those issues, conservative. They may be liberal on other issues. There are not different types of liberals and conservatives, only different types of people.

Dave is obviously conservative on economic issues but liberal on social issues. There is, as it happens, already a name for people who have that particular mix of opinions on the issues. We call them libertarians.
Damn, you just hate it that people don't dance to your tune, don't you?

You're going to go through life bitter and disappointed, kid. :lol:

I have a feeling there's a lot of silent solidarity among those still opposed to this, and that makes me kind of happy. DADT was repealed by an out-going Congress, a (hopefully) out-going President, and based on a BS poll most of the military didn't bother to respond to. Now the media is saying "DADT repeal is causing few waves"...as if soldiers were going to riot. The military will adapt mostly because they have no other fucking choice but accept it.

I don't expect to hear anything else about this afterward, and the leftists will of course use that as proof that "nothing happened" as a result of it being repealed.

This had nothing to do with 'liberal' or 'conservative.' It has to do with the law and just action.

It was an illegal policy and had no place in the US military, just as with segregation. September 20th was indeed an historic day; and most importantly: qualified service members may continue to serve the Nation without fear of being unjustly forced out.

That's his Modus Operandi.......Tries to tell everybody how they think and feel.....It's the only way he thinks he's succeeding in a discussion.

The ultimate sign of debating weakness.

Are you trying to say liberals always agree with liberals? Tell me something, why would liberals support the Kelo decision? It is nothing but a way to take property from poor minorities and give it to rich developers, yet most liberals I know support it. Does that make sense in your universe where liberals and conservatives are clearly defined along ideological lines.

Tell me something, where do I fit in your ideological definitions? I think that the major problem in this country is that we have gotten more tolerant of immoral activities and drug use, I believe homosexuality is wrong, I believe marriaige is between a man and a woman. All of that makes me conservative, right?

Guess what? I also think the government should stay out of that. I oppose laws that mandate morality, make drug use illegal, and define marriage. All of that makes me a liberal, and that is on the exact same issues. What am I in your little world where everyone fits into nice little boxes?

There are different types of liberals, and there are different types of conservatives. You do not have to like it, but the world exists the way it is. Accept even the parts you think do not make sense and you will have a lot fewer arguments about subjects you think you can control.

Ain't that the truth.

This had nothing to do with 'liberal' or 'conservative.' It has to do with the law and just action.

It was an illegal policy and had no place in the US military, just as with segregation. September 20th was indeed an historic day; and most importantly: qualified service members may continue to serve the Nation without fear of being unjustly forced out.

Actually, a conservative group brought the court action that resulted in your delusion that the court spontaneously decided to overturn DADT.

The military is not a place to play politics with. Anybody who claims to speak for the military as a whole is full of shit. Like any group (especially so large) there are many people with many different views.

With that said-if a gay person wants to serve this country, and risk their life, more power to them. I don't think it'll be as big as a deal as many think it will be.

I think our nation stands for freedom for ALL first and foremost. Not just those who're like myself. Not just those I agree with, or those I like.

If you want to blast gay people serving-feel free to take their spot.

Forum List

Back