Donald Trump STUMBLES Into a Foreign-Policy Triumph

Trump is the only president that put America first and uses "common sense" in foreign affairs.
He needs to tone down the egotistical bullshit, keep the economy chugging along, and he'll be fine.

There have been quite a few presidents. Trump is the only one "that put America first and uses "common sense" in foreign affairs"? Are you, perhaps, speaking only of modern presidents?

Great question. Lets take a look at Trump compared to other presidents on the "America First" scale. This topic might make a good separate new thread for discussion. From the "historians" viewpoint, which is the longer view of presidential impacts, many of Trump's "upsetting the apple-cart" and/or "bull in the China shop" policies may not look good short term, but I believe that Trump will end up in the higher end of the "Mid-Grade" presidents based on his "Promises Kept" and fabulous economy. If Trump gets a 2nd term and keep doing great things he may even end up at the bottom of the Best presidents list, alongside Reagan, Ike, and Truman.

Historical rankings of presidents of the United States - Wikipedia

The BEST presidents
Washington, fought the Revolution
Abe Lincoln, saved the Union
Jefferson, the Constitution
Ted Roosevelt, had many Trump qualities, "Square Deal", trust busting, brash, big ideas
FDR, WW2
Harry Truman, "the Bomb" and post-WW2 stability, "no nonsense"
Eisenhower
Reagan

The WORST presidents
Harding
Johnson
Buchanan
Pierce
Fillmore
Taylor
Tyler
Grant
Coolidge
Hoover

Recent "Mid-Grade" presidents
------------ higher rated
Obama
Clinton
Kennedy
Johnson
Bush-I
---------- lower rated
Nixon
Ford
Carter
Bush-II

It is already clear that Trump is going to be known for all time as one of the two or three worst presidents we’ve ever had.

Worst for you people is a given.

It is already clear that Trump is going to be known for all time as one of the two or three worst presidents we’ve ever had.

The level of delusion that you have to possess to believe that he’s going to be remembered as a successful leader is awe inspiring. I’m awed by you.
No doubt that Butthurt America Haters will tell that lie.

In fact, Trump has been successful in the vast majority of categories.

The Left are totally clueless about The Donald, so everything good going on was by mere chance or accident.
Simply hilarious watching them flail.

Outline - Read & annotate without distractions
The left tries to ignore everything good that Trump does.....and if they can't do that.....they either give themselves credit for it...or they claim Trump did it by accident.

Here's the plan:
  • Ignore everything positive that happens on Trump's watch
  • If that isn't possible....give credit for it to Obama or Congress
  • If that doesn't work....say Trump stumbled into it by accident
  • If that doesn't work....twist it into a negative

Trump is the only president that put America first and uses "common sense" in foreign affairs.
He needs to tone down the egotistical bullshit, keep the economy chugging along, and he'll be fine.

There have been quite a few presidents. Trump is the only one "that put America first and uses "common sense" in foreign affairs"? Are you, perhaps, speaking only of modern presidents?

Great question. Lets take a look at Trump compared to other presidents on the "America First" scale. This topic might make a good separate new thread for discussion. From the "historians" viewpoint, which is the longer view of presidential impacts, many of Trump's "upsetting the apple-cart" and/or "bull in the China shop" policies may not look good short term, but I believe that Trump will end up in the higher end of the "Mid-Grade" presidents based on his "Promises Kept" and fabulous economy. If Trump gets a 2nd term and keep doing great things he may even end up at the bottom of the Best presidents list, alongside Reagan, Ike, and Truman.

The BEST presidents
Ted Roosevelt, had many Trump qualities, "Square Deal", trust busting, brash, big ideas
FDR, WW2
Eisenhower
Reagan

The WORST presidents
Harding
Johnson
Buchanan
Pierce
Fillmore
Taylor
Tyler
Grant
Coolidge
Hoover

Obama
Clinton
Kennedy
Johnson
Bush-I
---------- lower rated
Nixon
Ford
Carter
Bush-II

The level of delusion that you have to possess to believe that he’s going to be remembered as a successful leader is awe inspiring. I’m awed by you.

I see your post comments but no rationale' as to why you think Trump will be one of the worst presidents. From my perspective he beat Hillary when the MSM said she had a 95% probability of winning. He also had Operation Crossfire Hurricane against him, which is the biggest scandal in US history, where the Obama admin intel agencies and FBI used foreign assets, forged evidence, illegal surveillance, to "break into" the Trump campaign to spy. Then after Trump won, the deep state used the Mueller Investigation as an "insurance policy" to disrupt Trump's presidency. No other US president had to endure the constant vicious attacks that Trump endured and overcame.

I won't list Trump's "Promises Kept" list but its is long and outstanding. Trump's economy is historic. Trump's defeat of ISIS and handling of Syria, Iran and NK are notable. I'm very content keeping Trump in the upper half of US presidents. After his 2nd term I hope he can even move up with Reagan, Ike and Truman.

What is Trump’s single most important accomplishment?
#1. Originalist Judges

Others:
Deregulation
Tax cuts/reform
Destruction of the Caliphate
Putting balls in foreign policy
Demanding immigration reform/wall
Trade deals

Judges? He reads names from a list and then the GOP led Senate confirms them without even having to try?

That is NOT an accomplishment. And if it were, the credit goes to McConnell.

His greatest accomplishment, according to you, is not an accomplishment at all.

Sad.

His actions in Syria and the ME, showing his "red-line meant something", defeating ISIS, killing ~300 Russians, launching B-52s when Iran launched missiles, killing Soleimani, strengthening the US military. They are all foreign policy wins and DOD wins, but they are all related to keeping the peace in the ME. Then again, reinvigorating the US economy is another major accomplishment that might trump his ME accomplishments.

Then again from my perspective he beat Hillary when the MSM said she had a 95% probability of winning. He also had Operation Crossfire Hurricane against him, which is the biggest scandal in US history, where the Obama admin intel agencies and FBI used foreign assets, forged evidence, and illegal surveillance, to "break into" the Trump campaign to spy. Then after Trump won, the deep state used the Mueller Investigation as an "insurance policy" to disrupt Trump's presidency. No other US president had to endure the constant vicious attacks that Trump endured and overcame.

Trump is always in "upset victory" mode beating the odds at every turn. Its hard to list just one "single most" accomplishment.

#1. Originalist Judges

Others:
Deregulation
Tax cuts/reform
Destruction of the Caliphate
Putting balls in foreign policy
Demanding immigration reform/wall
Trade deals

Judges? He reads names from a list and then the GOP led Senate confirms them without even having to try?

Sad.
blah....blah....blah....blah......Orange Man Bad....blah....blah....blah....

Before this week it was keeping Hillary out of the White House.
Now it's the China trade agreement and the USMCA.

Really? His greatest accomplishment before this week was something he did before he even took office? You are some kind of Trump supporter.

The USMCA is essentially a NAFTA update.
The details of the “China deal” have yet to be fully disclosed or studied. Trump couldn’t discuss either deal in detail if you threatened to take away is shoe lifts.

Your bar is astonishingly low.

Before this week it was keeping Hillary out of the White House.
Now it's the China trade agreement and the USMCA.

Really? His greatest accomplishment before this week was something he did before he even took office? You are some kind of Trump supporter.

The USMCA is essentially a NAFTA update.
The details of the “China deal” have yet to be fully disclosed or studied. Trump couldn’t discuss either deal in detail if you threatened to take away is shoe lifts.

Your bar is astonishingly low.
Coming from the party of low-expectations.....that's pretty ironic.

Obama's greatest accomplishment when it comes to foreign policies is the Iran deal.

Too bad it turned out to be a disaster.

He gave Iran billions so they could further spread terrorism all over the world and now they're a few months from having a bomb.
Course the left wants to blame this massive screw-up on Trump. Why not.

Sad.
Wrong...

I didn't say it was his most difficult accomplishment.

It's the most important because they'll be on the courts for decades. The courts, being 1/3 of our government was spiralling out of control with activist Leftists ignoring laws and the Constitution.

It's true, but irrelevant that lots of people know who are originalists and listed them. It's not like their records are secret.

The Left are totally clueless about The Donald, so everything good going on was by mere chance or accident.

Wow. Great article. While I have supported the President's action for snuffing out that conceited, known terrorist jerk from the moment he did it, the article points out somewhat more even handed, reasoning and analysis, supporting from foreign shore, that I was unaware existed or ran across on my own, and not put out by radical sounding, "anything to support" right wing or the administration. Trump still does not have a Russia policy I can support (indeed I feel he is awestruck and would like to immolate Putin, and unmentioned was the "Trumptastrophy" of deserting the Kurds at the behest of Turkey and Russia. Still, that was an excellent read!

Turkey is a NATO ally while the Kurdish PKK has been designated a terrorist organization by the EU, Japan, US and Australia.

Even so the bloodbath predicted didn’t occur. Just another shrill screech by the left...useful in the short run and forgotten after a few days as it’s on to the next outrage.

Like the ferocious retaliation the Democrats were hoping Iran would unleash on the US. Passé.
No cigar, Dote. Those Kurds helped us in our fight, many having already died doing it. Some more did die when Turkey invaded while we were pulling back, and captured imprisoned terrorists were allowed to escape. American servicemen did not approve and many will not forget. Impulsive betrayal of comrades in arms is a bitter pill that does not go down well.

You are trying to move the goalposts dilbert. We didnt desert the Kurds. And of course we did assist Turkey, a US NATO ally. The PKK is an enemy and a terrorist organization. An extremely left wing one. If we found a mutual enemy in ISIS temporarily so be it. We have a treaty alliance for the defense of Turkey and have for decades. In the past, through every administration, we have assisted the Turks in arresting Kurdish nationalist leaders on the run and flying them blindfolded back to Turkey for incarceration.

I dont think American servicemen cared other than to be relieved they wont be fighting Turkey on behalf of leftist terrorists.

Nevertheless no slaughter occurred. The slaughter we were warned was coming. 24/7 even to the point that ABC faked videos and, with quavering voices, told us men women and children were dying in front of our eyes. They didnt care about geopolitics, treaty allies, military bases or slandering entire peoples. They only wanted a slaughter to hurt Trump.

Now its quiet. Its been put in that place of Iran raining missiles down on us, crying reporters on the border, dead refugee babies in the sand...its where impeachment will be stored in a year. Just another lie of the day coordinated by the media and shunted aside when it failed. See what sticks seems to be the rule of the day.

Wow. Great article. While I have supported the President's action for snuffing out that conceited, known terrorist jerk from the moment he did it, the article points out somewhat more even handed, reasoning and analysis, supporting from foreign shore, that I was unaware existed or ran across on my own, and not put out by radical sounding, "anything to support" right wing or the administration. Trump still does not have a Russia policy I can support (indeed I feel he is awestruck and would like to immolate Putin, and unmentioned was the "Trumptastrophy" of deserting the Kurds at the behest of Turkey and Russia. Still, that was an excellent read!
I’m sorry, I missed it where The Donold sold our uranium to the Russians.

Oh wait. That was was the Hildabeast, sorry.

Are you one of the dummies who believes that lie, or one of the liars who tells it to the dummies?
Putin didn’t buy US uranium?

So, you’re one of the dummies. I thought so.

Clinton did not sell uranium. It wasn’t hers to sell and she didn’t have decision making authority regarding what happened with our uranium. She was one of 9 cabinet members on a committee which dealt with such deals, but was not personally involved in the Uranium One deal.

The Clinton foundation did not get paid for uranium. The foundation donor that this lie defames sold all of his interest in the company in 2007. The supposed payoff is a lie. The guy is Canadian, anyway.

Russia did not get any uranium.

You have been duped. Over and over again. On brand for a moron Trump supporter.
Let me guess. The NY Times is a pro Trump right wing hater of Hillary.

Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal

NY Times: Hillary Clinton Approved Russian Uranium Deal After $2 Million Donation to Clinton Foundation

Last edited:
Obama's greatest accomplishment when it comes to foreign policies is the Iran deal.

He gave Iran billions so they could further spread terrorism all over the world and now they're a few months from having a bomb.

He didn’t give Iran billions. The deal was working. You’re a dupe.

Sad.
Wrong...

I didn't say it was his most difficult accomplishment.

It's the most important because they'll be on the courts for decades. The courts, being 1/3 of our government was spiralling out of control with activist Leftists ignoring laws and the Constitution.

It's true, but irrelevant that lots of people know who are originalists and listed them. It's not like their records are secret.

If anyone can do something it doesn’t get called an accomplishment.

The BEST presidents
FDR, WW2
Eisenhower
Reagan

The WORST presidents
Harding
Johnson
Buchanan
Pierce
Fillmore
Taylor
Tyler
Grant
Coolidge
Hoover

Obama
Clinton
Kennedy
Johnson
Bush-I
---------- lower rated
Nixon
Ford
Carter
Bush-II

Only by you freaks who cheer for Islamist terrorists and don’t know which bathroom to use.

He didn’t give Iran billions. The deal was working. You’re a dupe.
Obama gave Terrorist Iran $150 Billion

$1.7B in hard cash.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...on-cash-deal-with-iran-prohibited-by-u-s-law/

Forum List

Back