Donald Trump: Champion of the First Amendment?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Anyone with two functioning cerebral hemispheres knows that Freedom of Speech has been under attack by left-wing activists for the past 50 years. What once started as a debate over obscenity in public discourse has now become prohibited speech of any kind that "offends" some special interest groups, even if only by disagreeing with them. Further, feeling "offended" is now viewed as legitimate grounds for these groups to physically prevent from speaking those who do not adhere to their versions of political acceptability.

I view this attack on free speech to be the single greatest threat to our representative democracy. This is exactly the same method used by totalitarian dictators to gain and keep power over their citizenry. There is only one presidential candidate who is willing to stand against this pernicious path to intellectual slavery. You know who it is.

How important is Freedom of Speech to you?

Anyone with two functioning cerebral hemispheres knows that Freedom of Speech has been under attack by left-wing activists for the past 50 years. What once started as a debate over obscenity in public discourse has now become prohibited speech of any kind that "offends" some special interest groups, even if only by disagreeing with them. Further, feeling "offended" is now viewed as legitimate grounds for these groups to physically prevent from speaking those who do not adhere to their versions of political acceptability.

I view this attack on free speech to be the single greatest threat to our representative democracy. This is exactly the same method used by totalitarian dictators to gain and keep power over their citizenry. There is only one presidential candidate who is willing to stand against this pernicious path to intellectual slavery. You know who it is.

While. He throws reporters out of his rallies and threatens to sue any media that publishes anything he dislikes. The OP is very confused....

Last edited:

While. He throws reporters out of his rallies and threatens to sue any media that publishes anything he dislikes. The OP is ver confused....
well he is a southerner living in SC

While. He throws reporters out of his rallies and threatens to sue any media that publishes anything he dislikes. The OP is ver confused....

I was thinking Mars.....

I was thinking Mars.....
That's in North Carolina..

I was thinking Mars.....
That's in North Carolina..

Larry, Moe and Curly Joe?

Forum List

Back