Donald Trump boasts that he and Kim Jong Un can now contact each other directly.

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Thoughts?

Trump is so invested in his new relationship with Kim Jong Un, he says he gave the North Korean leader a 'direct' phone number
President Donald Trump reportedly gave North Korean leader Kim Jong Un his "direct" phone number following their landmark meeting in Singapore on Tuesday. Trump claims that he plans to call Kim on Sunday.

"I can now call him," Trump said to reporters on Friday, according to South Korea's Yonhap News. "I gave him a very direct number."

"He can now call me if he has any difficulty," Trump said. "We have communication."

Trump's meeting with Kim marked the first time a sitting US president met with a current North Korean leader. The two signed a joint statement that broadly outlined several plans, such as working towards the "complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

What's your problem?

The President of the US can contact any leader of the world anytime...OK???????

Bless POTUS!

Trump is dangerously stupid.

Completely trying to legitimize one of the worst dictators on the entire planet.
This has to be the lefts dumbest talking point concerning NK. If you’re negotiating peace with a country you have to talk to them. But the left says talking to them legitimizes them. Ok then what’s the alternative?

War is the alternative. If you’re not going to talk your way in to peace you’re going to have to use force and beat them in to submission.

• Banned
What's your problem?

I don't think I have one. This article is blowing up on Reddit and the comments are filled with liberals talking shit about the fact that he has established direct communication with the leader of North Korea. I just wanted to see how the left here would react.

The President of the US can contact any leader of the world anytime...OK???????

Well, not really, but I see what you're saying.

• Banned
Trump is dangerously stupid.

Completely trying to legitimize one of the worst dictators on the entire planet.
This has to be the lefts dumbest talking point concerning NK. If you’re negotiating peace with a country you have to talk to them. But the left says talking to them legitimizes them. Ok then what’s the alternative?

War is the alternative. If you’re not going to talk your way in to peace you’re going to have to use force and beat them in to submission.

Kim Jong Un is a legitimate leader whether we like it or not. He leads a country and a military with nuclear potential. Saying we can't conduct normal diplomacy because we don't want to legitimize him is stupid. I've said it already, but are we really surprised that diplomatic progress has been slow when we haven't even been willing to meet with their leader?

Thoughts?

Trump is so invested in his new relationship with Kim Jong Un, he says he gave the North Korean leader a 'direct' phone number
President Donald Trump reportedly gave North Korean leader Kim Jong Un his "direct" phone number following their landmark meeting in Singapore on Tuesday. Trump claims that he plans to call Kim on Sunday.

"I can now call him," Trump said to reporters on Friday, according to South Korea's Yonhap News. "I gave him a very direct number."

"He can now call me if he has any difficulty," Trump said. "We have communication."

Trump's meeting with Kim marked the first time a sitting US president met with a current North Korean leader. The two signed a joint statement that broadly outlined several plans, such as working towards the "complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

Good. We had the hot line with Moscow during the Cold War. Talking reduces misunderstanding.

Didn't the U.S. President and the Russian leader have a direct line to each other for decades? They may still have one funny how the peopls who were screaming Trump was leading us to war with North Korea are now upset he's talking with them and establishing direct lines of communication.

A very wise move. The dude does have nukes over there. The US and Soviet Union always had the 'Red Phone' available for communication. Once a nuke goes off, there's no going back. It's vital that all parties are able to communicate with each other.

Thoughts?

What did you think would he next, passing notes in class via friends?

Why in the name of God must we micro analyse every little move?

Thoughts?

Which would you rather have? War? No war?

North Korea to have nukes? North Korea to have no nukes?

Thoughts?

Vladimir is gonna be jelous.

Thoughts?

Trump fits right in with all the other brutal authoritarian dictators.

Smart on Trumps part ,win over your enemy, instead of like loser Obama handing over billions of dollars of tax payers money to the enemy. Trump 2020.

Forum List

Back