...Dominion lawsuit vs NewsMax...

I know, dems are such sore losers....
I wonder if the auto firms sue the shit out of customers over them calling the cars lousy? All Dominion sold was machines. Don't they break?

"Another example of corporate censorship of conservative speech?"
Alternatively, it is a corporation protecting it's 'brand name', it's reputation.
If parties said things that were admittedly false (see the AmericanThinker apology) and those 'things' they said were hurtful to the business, to its' reputation....well, it ain't 'censorship' if one objects and seeks damages.

However, if any party thinks statements that are false and hurtful ARE what "conservative speech" is supposed to be about, well then, there are consequences....for the speech, and for thinking and endorsing slanders, defamations, and falsehoods.

As we've seen already with the Dominion and Rudy cases, and it appears we will see more of with the actions against Newsmax, OAN, Pillowboy, et al.

As loyal patriotic Americans we all want to see public discourse adhere to the laws of the land, and when transgressions occur there will be swift and sure consequences.

Alternatively, it is a corporation protecting it's 'brand name', it's reputation.
If parties said things that were admittedly false (see the AmericanThinker apology) and those 'things' they said were hurtful to the business, to its' reputation....well, it ain't 'censorship' if one objects and seeks damages.

However, if any party thinks statements that are false and hurtful ARE what "conservative speech" is supposed to be about, well then, there are consequences....for the speech, and for thinking and endorsing slanders, defamations, and falsehoods.

As we've seen already with the Dominion and Rudy cases, and it appears we will see more of with the actions against Newsmax, OAN, Pillowboy, et al.

As loyal patriotic Americans we all want to see public discourse adhere to the laws of the land, and when transgressions occur there will be swift and sure consequences.
FOX gave up. Tossed up the white flag and flat out gave up.

Ask me now what my point is?
------------------------------------------------------------

I still don't get your point vis-a-vis the Dominion suit against Newsmax, or OAN, or Pillowboy, and others. What is your point when you inform us that Fox didn't fight enough?

Are you suggesting that the legal defense of those following Fox will be more capable and skilled that Fox's? That their management and equity-holders will be more intransigent in their convictions?

If that is what you are suggesting, well, why?

And note too: That apology by the well-known Rightfield news collator and opinion venue, AmericanThinker. They, like Fox, thought their own people went over the line, and the company failed in it's journalistic responsibilities.

And it is that failure, that Dominion will seek to focus on if and when these cases get to court.

This is beginning to be one of those roads oft-travelled.

Dominion, and Smartamatic, and others are seeing blood in the trail.
Newsmax' blood.

The recent ruling that Newsmax must turn over all communications....text & email ....from their journalists covering the 2020 vote count ain't good news for the equity holders over there. After all, Dominion used such communications from Fox to demonstrate 'state-of-mind evidence. And then wrung out of Fox nearly $800,000,000. (that's 'million'!)

Once Dominion's lawyers begin combing through the Newsmax messaging they will be looking for exchanges that suggest the journalists and TV talking-heads had knowledge of the falsity of the claims and that they were permitting people to make such false claims on air, or that they had high degree of awareness of the probable falsity.

What has been encouraging to loyal and patriotic Americans with these latest court actions....both criminal in the case of the J6 Jackasses, and civil with Fox, and Rudy......is that accountability lurks, karma comes.
One can't ....be they an individual such as Rudy, or a corporation.....cannot spread information that they know is false and is hurtful to people .....or other businesses.

And notably, speaking of individuals....well, Rudy is also centered in the target-window there too. As is Krakenpot Powell. Perhaps others too.

One can't ....be they an individual such as Rudy, or a corporation.....cannot spread information that they know is false and is hurtful to people .....or other businesses.

Sure they can, lefty’s do it all the time!

Does anyone think, IT is to the point where they can write election counting software, access it externally, alter vote counts, then exit the software without leaving any digital fingerprints?

------------------------------------------------------------

I still don't get your point vis-a-vis the Dominion suit against Newsmax, or OAN, or Pillowboy, and others. What is your point when you inform us that Fox didn't fight enough?

Are you suggesting that the legal defense of those following Fox will be more capable and skilled that Fox's? That their management and equity-holders will be more intransigent in their convictions?

If that is what you are suggesting, well, why?

And note too: That apology by the well-known Rightfield news collator and opinion venue, AmericanThinker. They, like Fox, thought their own people went over the line, and the company failed in it's journalistic responsibilities.

And it is that failure, that Dominion will seek to focus on if and when these cases get to court.
I plead guilty to not caring all that much about the Dominion lawsuits. I did not get the joy Democrats got.

I studied Business law for a full year in college. It means two separate courses in law. This was in addition to the law I was required to study by the State of Ca.

I did not read the Dominion allegations to the Court. I did not read what FOX claimed to the court. I believe FOX cut it's losses. I believe I am right that they did not admit guilt. They simply engaged in payola.

Trouble with reading court cases are the pros and cons are lengthy and I do not blow my days on other people problems in that category.

You are making some bold pronouncements.

443 pages is the size of the Dominion lawsuit. They made claims. They claim they were injured. I do not want to read a Dominion book.
I have seen posters tell us they won't watch a 15 minute long video but offer us here a 443 page long lawsuit.
I read the early claims by Dominion. I totally understand reading and understanding lawsuits.

I would not expect most posters have been sued for defamation.

However I have been sued for defamation.
I won against the person who lied that I defamed them.
It is a very difficult process to be stuck in the middle of an unfair lawsuit. Fox has a lot of money. Maybe they simply felt it good for the firm to pay off Dominion.

I had a sister who sued Sears. Sears carried a shoe she purchased. She blamed the shoe for her falling on some stairs. The lawyer who handled the suit raked in some serious money. My Sister got paid by Sears. But I am perfectly content in saying it was not the shoes at all, it was that my sister was grossly overweight and it was that fat that caused her the problem. Sears calls them nuisance suits and often they paid off as opposed to the enormous expense of defending oneself.

FOX must have believed it was cheaper to pay off than to pay the lawyers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back