Does the Word 'Racism' Really Mean Anything Any More?

What is racism (multiple answers allowed)

• laws and policies that discriminate on the basis of race

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • laws and policies deliberately designed to favor some races and disfavor others

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • anything that supports white people keeping power in our country

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • being rude to minorities

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • anything that supports Western Civilization

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • disagreeing with a liberal

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • wearing the regalia or supporting a known racist group like the KKK or neoNazis

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • anything I say it is whenever I want to say it is

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I dunno, whats the chanel the game i on?

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
In this time "racism" is an illogical construct used almost solely for political purposes.

Most of what is referred to as racism stems from behavior and culture, not skin color. For example, decrying Chicago thug life is not racist, but behaviorist. Since Chicago thug life involves primarily black thugs (at least they get all the free press) complaints against it are condemned as racist to get the best political mileage from it.

Mostly, you can blame media for that, and we all know who media work for.

Trump...“I am the least racist person you have ever met,” He has too much power to be racist, to waste his time being racist and it is too much to his benefit not to be racist. He is a narcissist and he hates everyone. Feels superior to whites, blacks, Hispanics, etc. He is a businessman who plays to his advantage. That is now he won the presidency which he really did not want.

I grew up in the South during the Civil Rights revolution, and back then the term 'racist' meant that you favored laws and policies that discriminated against individuals because of their race. Therefore, segregation laws and Jim Crow was rightfully viewed as racism, which it was.

Then it began to morph into other things, like policies with disproportionate impact. I noted at the time that the advocates of regarding laws and policies with a disproportionate impact to be all about what favored whites and disadvantaged minorities exclusively. If something had a disproportionate impact against whites and in favor of minorities, well that was OK and everyday Middle Class people began to speak of 'reverse racism', etc which all the talking Heads and Social justice Warriors dismissed with as much condescending scorn as possible. But it still was not 'equal rights' which most felt was the ideal standard for a fair and jkust government.

Now everything is racist if it goes against what our Progressive minority wants done. You want our nations immigration laws enforced; that's racist. You want law and order? That too is racist. You want to verify that only eligible voters can vote, well that is racism, etc, etc.

So what do you think racism is really?

What laws and polices disadvantaged whites over minorities as you claim?

Uhhhhh......affirmative action ring a bell dumbshit?

So having 2 positions out of 100 filled by minorities hurts white people?

And I really don't think Jim Crow states had any policies or laws of affirmative action.

You'd have to ask the guy who was turned down at a college because a minority took his place due to affirmative action.
Pure racism.

I'm that guy who fit into the 2% could well find another school, so that is not an issue.

He will have to check his 98% white entitlement at the door.

How can it not be racism if you consider a group of people to be a race?

Look at Hitler, he considered Slavs to be an inferior race. Thus if he discriminated against Slavs, he was racist. It wouldn't necessarily have to have skin color to back it up, although in the modern world it often does.
So racism is entirely subjective to the viewer?

I don't think that is helping clarify what racism is, though.
Yes, to the viewer's point of view.

If you have a simpler idea of what it is, post it for debate.

I think that an '-ism' is an ideology of some sort, and the thing that precedes the '-ism' is the thing/person who represents the core of that ideology.

So the fasces symbol of unity above all else represent the core of 'fascism', Marx the core of Marxism, etc.

Racism is any set of ideologies or set of values that measures a person solely on the basis of their race.

This distinguishes racism from bigotry, the latter of which is simplistic preference for ones own kind and can be based on religion, ethnicity, clothing, and so forth. IT is less dangerous than full blown racism due to being thoughtless and emotional in origin. IT is still bad, but is an unavoidable by product of love for country, state and neighborhood, which are all good things usually.

The cultural Marxists are over using the term racism and are turning it into a bad joke, a meaningless verbal lash that has been worn out completely. Young people even joke about being a racist.

Racism is a meaningless term. It's just a meaningless word like nazi.
Only a racist Nazi would say that!

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Racism is any set of ideologies or set of values that measures a person solely on the basis of their race.
Define race then.
There are three defined races; Caucasian, Negroid, and Mongoloid. Splitters like to suggest more, but I think the whole thing is bullshyte anyway, so I see no reason to expand the three categories to more nonsense.

It is more culturally defined than scientifically defined or based on biology.

And look at the confusion regarding the word 'white' when used for race. There are people who insist that Hispanics are not white, or Indians, Arabs or Persians.

So if 'white race' is not defined as the 'Caucasian race' then what the hell is it? Several generations in a different climate will change any persons skin tone by multiple shades.

He is a narcissist and he hates everyone
I dont see that at all. He actually loves everybody and TRIES to work with them. He only attacks when hes attacked and we love that about him. Of course that trait is what pisses off the Democrats. They're used to steamrolling over the Republican opposition.

Define race then.
There are three defined races; Caucasian, Negroid, and Mongoloid. Splitters like to suggest more, but I think the whole thing is bullshyte anyway, so I see no reason to expand the three categories to more nonsense.

It is more culturally defined than scientifically defined or based on biology.

And look at the confusion regarding the word 'white' when used for race. There are people who insist that Hispanics are not white, or Indians, Arabs or Persians.

So if 'white race' is not defined as the 'Caucasian race' then what the hell is it? Several generations in a different climate will change any persons skin tone by multiple shades.
In a broad sense, yes.

But I still think someone who views Semites as a different race can be racist, even if Syrians can be blonde and blue-eyed (not saying they all are, but some are) and Saudis are generally pretty dark.

In this time "racism" is an illogical construct used almost solely for political purposes.

Most of what is referred to as racism stems from behavior and culture, not skin color. For example, decrying Chicago thug life is not racist, but behaviorist. Since Chicago thug life involves primarily black thugs (at least they get all the free press) complaints against it are condemned as racist to get the best political mileage from it.

Right, and who enters the country illegally? Who make up the most dangerous gangs in this country?
I dont see that at all. He actually loves everybody and TRIES to work with them. He only attacks when hes attacked and we love that about him. Of course that trait is what pisses off the Democrats. They're used to steamrolling over the Republican opposition.
A narcissist is not capable of loving anyone but himself. And he is a narcissist. EVERYTHING he does is for his benefits and if it benefits anyone else, so be it. He also has dementia and that explains a lot of things he say.

Right, and who enters the country illegally? Who make up the most dangerous gangs in this country?
A narcissist is not capable of loving anyone but himself. And he is a narcissist. EVERYTHING he does is for his benefits and if it benefits anyone else, so be it.

It's a political term supported by the media and reserved by (only) left wingers to attack the President and his administration. Barry Hussein was just a community hustler but Donald Trump met a payroll every week that offered good pay and a pension to everyone including Blacks and Hispanics. As a civilian Donald Trump demonstrated his love of America and the crazy angry left knows that he hasn't got a racist bone in his body but politics is war and the crazy angry left means to win it it at any cost.

I grew up in the South during the Civil Rights revolution, and back then the term 'racist' meant that you favored laws and policies that discriminated against individuals because of their race. Therefore, segregation laws and Jim Crow was rightfully viewed as racism, which it was.

Then it began to morph into other things, like policies with disproportionate impact. I noted at the time that the advocates of regarding laws and policies with a disproportionate impact to be all about what favored whites and disadvantaged minorities exclusively. If something had a disproportionate impact against whites and in favor of minorities, well that was OK and everyday Middle Class people began to speak of 'reverse racism', etc which all the talking Heads and Social justice Warriors dismissed with as much condescending scorn as possible. But it still was not 'equal rights' which most felt was the ideal standard for a fair and jkust government.

Now everything is racist if it goes against what our Progressive minority wants done. You want our nations immigration laws enforced; that's racist. You want law and order? That too is racist. You want to verify that only eligible voters can vote, well that is racism, etc, etc.

So what do you think racism is really?
Well it means a lot to the Democrats party. Without the race card, that they will not be able to shut the mouths of the White supporters of their opponent. If a White supporter of their opponent speaks out the truth. The Dems uses the race card to twist the words that they are speaking out, into something racist. And so they plays the race card to hush up certain people.

35tlou.gif

But I still think someone who views Semites as a different race can be racist, even if Syrians can be blonde and blue-eyed (not saying they all are, but some are) and Saudis are generally pretty dark.
Meh, that is a pet peeve of mine, the misuse of words normalizing itself through common usage.

I cant stand it when I hear people say 'I could care less', when they mean that they could NOT care less, bastards.

But being a liberal, you are probably OK with that, arncha? :D

All that time in the public spotlight and Trump was never racist until he won the Republican nomination. :rolleyes:

Troof! :04:

Forum List

Back