I attempted a social experiment on another forum seeking white opinion of blacks.

AKIP

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2017
I asked if the white forum participants could list 5 things that they admire about black people that has nothing to do with sports or entertainment. Or what are 5 positive stereotypes held about blacks that has nothing to do with sports or entertainment. I posted it in a forum for politics and controversies, which I deemed my question would fall under the latter. After a day, no one could come up with one single thing that they admired about black people.....and eventually the topic got deleted and I was banned for 30 days from the forum.

I mean....Asians are considered smart by many whites. If the "smart Asian" is a stereotype or something that whites admire or associate with Asians in general, you can see how that could work to benefit Asian in hiring and investment, because they can see an ROI, by white employers who tend to look for best and the brightest.

Then you have Hispanic or Latino immigrants, most profoundly influenced by Mexican immigrants. They are often seen as "very hard workers" as a stereotype. Again, many white employers would therefore be attracted to hire them because of this positive stereotype and the see a positive ROI by hiring Latino immigrants (even as exploited labor), as well as investment in places like Mexico and Asian nations.

What do white people see as of value, in black people, that does not involve sports and entertainment? Lets forget the argument of whether whites are racist or not. What do you call it when another race can come up with many more things that they dislike about you.....than they can come up with things that they like about you and can't see anything that you have added positively to the growth of the country or humanity (civilization)?

Last edited:
I asked if the white forum participants could list 5 things that they admire about black people that has nothing to do with sports or entertainment. Or what are 5 positive stereotypes held about blacks that has nothing to do with sports or entertainment. I posted it in a forum for politics and controversies, which I deemed my question would fall under the latter. After a day, no one could come up with one single thing that they admired about black people.....and eventually the topic got deleted and I was banned for 30 days from the forum.

I mean....Asians are considered smart by many whites. If the "smart Asian" is a stereotype or something that whites admire or associate with Asians in general, you can see how that could work to benefit Asian in hiring and investment, because they can see an ROI, by white employers who tend to look for best and the brightest.

Then you have Hispanic or Latino immigrants, most profoundly influenced by Mexican immigrants. They are often seen as "very hard workers" as a stereotype. Again, many white employers would therefore be attracted to hire them because of this positive stereotype and the see a positive ROI by hiring Latino immigrants (even as exploited labor), as well as investment in places like Mexico and Asian nations.

What do white people see as of value, in black people, that does not involve sports and entertainment? Lets forget the argument of whether whites are racist or not. What do you call it when another race can come up with many more things that they dislike about you.....than they can come up with things that they like about you and can't see anything that you have added positively to the growth of the country or humanity (civilization)?
Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Cosmos. Obama, though he was half white, Colin Powell for his calm demeanor, Harris Faulkner on Fox for her objectivity and reporter instincts, Alex Haley for writing Roots, Grandma Moses for painting, Malcolm X and MLK for leadership in entirely different manners, fellow black workers who saw our group as men in a foxhole.

The things I admire about Black People have nothing to do with them being black.They are the same characteristics I admire about people of any color. And I admire or don't admire these characteristics on an individual basis.

The things I admire about Black People have nothing to do with them being black.They are the same characteristics I admire about people of any color. And I admire or don't admire these characteristics on an individual basis.
Nice catch.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Cosmos. Obama, though he was half white, Colin Powell for his calm demeanor, Harris Faulkner on Fox for her objectivity and reporter instincts, Alex Haley for writing Roots, Grandma Moses for painting, Malcolm X and MLK for leadership in entirely different manners, fellow black workers who saw our group as men in a foxhole.

That is not what I am talking about. The slave master probably found some black women and girls of enough beauty to have sex with or others slaves who demonstrated impressive ingenuity or smarts, all while seeing the "Negro" in general as an ugly, dumb and an inferior race that offered the world nothing of value....other than a source of slave labor.

The fallacy of composition is the error of assuming or arguing that the way one feels about a member of a race t is true of how the view the race as a whole. It's a kind to a racist saying....."but some of my friends are black....therefore I am not a racist", despite them seeing and viewing blacks as a whole with negative stereotypes and assumptions.

Last edited:

That is not what I am talking about. The slave master probably found some black women and girls of enough beauty to have sex with or others slaves who demonstrated impressive ingenuity or smarts, all was seeing the "Negro" in general as an ugly inferior race that offered the world nothing of value....other than a source of slave labor.

The fallacy of composition is the error of assuming or arguing that the way one feels about a member of a race t is true of how the view the race as a whole. It's a kind to a racist saying....."but some of my friends are black....therefore I am not a racist", despite them seeing and viewing blacks as a whole with negative stereotypes and assumptions.

I admire the advice Black people give.

It’s all about culture!
Indians have the same pigmentation is African-Americans , and they make more money then whites.

Again, you are creating your own different topic. I am talking about how black people are viewed as a "collective" by whites. Of course, you will not want to follow this line of reasoning if it has the potential of exposing something that you don't want exposed. Your smarter than that. I understand the need to avoid self incrimination, which may or may not be what you are doing, as I have no proof one way or the other.

People often rationalize the police profiling blacks. How does that happen? It happens because there is a "group" association with crime based upon statistics. It does not matter that the statistics does not show the majority of blacks as criminal.....the group gets seen as "criminal" just because the rate of certain crimes is higher among blacks than whites....ergo the justification for more police scrutiny of blacks.

Your reply, and it my be the truth for you, is the same reply that many whites gave on the other form. They refused to admit or they truly did not see or have any stereotype or assumption that they associated with blacks. There are people that this is actually true for....and you might be one of them. However, its also true that people will lie and say this just to avoid self incrimination of having to admit they see blacks more negatively than positively in the society. Thus, they deflect by focusing on black individuals that would prove they see some blacks positively.....but again....that is a fallacy to argue that how one sees a member of the group is how they see the group collectively. That is like arguing that you don;'t think a certain sports team is terrible.....because there is a player on the team that you think is pretty good.

It’s all about culture!
Indians have the same pigmentation is African-Americans , and they make more money then whites.

Keep in mind that India is a VERY poor country with a per capita income below that of Mexico. The only let the best and the brightest, from India, into America and is usually on high tech work Visas or students visas.

That said.....its clear that the negro race, as some would call it, is not respected or appreciated by white society other than for sports, entertainment....and sex. But the good thing is that you can look down upon black people, think they have contributed nothing to civilization, see them as a bigger liability than an asset to society.....all while not being a racist.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: IM2
But the good thing is that you can look down upon black people, think they have contributed nothing to civilization, see them as a bigger liability than an asset to society.....all while not being a racist.

Wow! How do you define racist to believe that?

But the good thing is that you can look down upon black people, think they have contributed nothing to civilization, see them as a bigger liability than an asset to society.....all while not being a racist.

You define racism as the "self admission of being a racist". One cannot be a racist without admitting to such. Its not about what your words or thoughts say about you.....its what you say about you. That is the popular narrative now. Not even member of the Klan will say that they are "racist". They will likely say that they are "Realist"...not racist.

You define racism as the "self admission of being a racist". One cannot be a racist without admitting to such. Its not about what your words or thoughts say about you.....its what you say about you. That is the popular narrative now. Not even member of the Klan will say that they are "racist". They will likely say that they are "Realist"...not racist.
That is not how I define racism. And one can be a racist without admitting it.

How does it ever amount to being anything more than your word against theirs? You are not a mind reader and can't prove them to be a racist, regardless of what they may say that "sounds" racist. Thus, what is the point of calling someone a racist when they will simply deny that they are? People are smart enough to avoid saying things that can directly be said to be racist......or they are not that smart and say things that are.

How does it ever amount to being anything more than your word against theirs? You are not a mind reader and can't prove them to be a racist, regardless of what they may say that "sounds" racist. Thus, what is the point of calling someone a racist when they will simply deny that they are? People are smart enough to avoid saying things that can directly be said to be racist......or they are not that smart and say things that are.
A person can be a racist without me having to prove it to be true. I don't even have to know that the person exists. The goal posts seem to be moving.

Google is my friend.

Racist -- a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
define racist - Google Search

If the shoe fits......

A person can be a racist without me having to prove it to be true. I don't even have to know that the person exists. The goal posts seem to be moving.

Google is my friend.

Racist -- a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

If the shoe fits......
That is NOT the definition of a racist.

Google is my friend.

If the shoe fits......
Please enlighten us to the correct definition.

I cannot give you any answer other than each must be individually examined.

Google is my friend.

If the shoe fits......
Please enlighten us to the correct definition.

That is the other part of it. There are way too many definitions of racism.....some that people create from their own heads. Thus, when you call someone a racist.....the target will simply use the definition that excludes them....while the accuser is using one that includes him. Which definition, therefore, is binding? That said, I agree with the poster who said your definition was not the definition that I thought I understood.

This goes back to what I said......a person can believe that blacks are inferior, that blacks have brought nothing to civilization and are more of a liability than an asset to this nation.....all while not being a racist in their own mind. Is it even germane whither the person fits some official or unofficial definition of racism? All that matters is that the person finds blacks inferior.....and that is all that needs to be said. Whatever you want to call a person who thinks that way is irrelevant. The point being is that THEY THINK THAT WAY....not what you cal it. I don't need to prove or call someone a racist.....I just need to show that they see black people negatively.

I cannot give you any answer other than each must be individually examined.

MLK Jr said that he wished for a day where people are judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. That implies seeing the person as in individual and not based upon color....like you seem to be saying. However great MLK was, the problem with that is that a person sees color long before they can see character. It takes a long time of getting to know a person in different situations to KNOW their character, although some people can demonstrate bad character when you first know of their existence. Indeed, one might not have even paid attention to someone else....had they not been demonstrating bad character, but I digress. When you are walking down a street at night and run across a big black man and its just you and him in sight......you don't see that person character. A person subconscious goes into survival mode and starts drawing on all stored images concerning black men....many likely from the evening news if people watch it....or what other people said.

What one consciously thinks is different from what they subconsciously think. Consciously you might TRY to look at people as individuals.....but subconsciously you are programmed to make associations about things like color, gender, dress, etc.

Forum List

Back