Does terrorism ever actually work?

Unless you are a criminal or maybe a foreign agent, how does government searching your house whenever it wants affect your life?

If you have nothing to hide then I am sure you would let them in without a warrant, right?

Only if they bummed me a cigarette first. Then, sure. The most interesting thing they would find is my exquisite collection of erotic art. Not a whole lot else.

people like you are the problem. you assume the government is begin and is acting in your best interest. every freedom and right you give up now for "security" against the latest boogieman is one that will never come back. Then once you are comfortable with these, more will go away.

I hope you do not claim to support the Constitution.

I'm assuming the government will find me as uninteresting as everyone else does. It's been working out great so far.

You seem like one of those people who doesn't yet realize that the U.S. government has complete and utter control (if they choose to seize it) simply because they have the world's most powerful military at their disposal. Even if there were no Patriot Act, they could change the rules in a single day, for no reason at all. Might still makes right; we just like to dress it up first. But at the end of the day, Patriot Act or no, we are at the mercy of the man with the gun, regardless of our personal wishes.

having been a part of the world's most powerful military for 20 years, I feel confident that the majority of them would not turn on the American people when given an unlawful order to do so. We take an oath to defend the Constitution, against all enemies.

Isn't that a bit naive? Oh well ... I won't hold it against you.

no, it really is not. It is a bit ignorant to think that those in the military are mindless sheep that will act like robots. One of the first things we are taught in boot camp is not to follow unlawful orders.

Liberals are a lot more respectful to Muslims since 9/11, it's like the worse Muslims behave, the more liberals want to be their friends.
5hose who committed 9/11 are terrorists...they dont represent the 8 million muslims in the US...just like Timothy McVeigh doesnt represent all white Christians. Got it ?
I don`t think McVeigh claimed to be a Christian, whatever the hell that`s supposed to mean these days. He was a product of the gun & criminal lobby.

Only if they bummed me a cigarette first. Then, sure. The most interesting thing they would find is my exquisite collection of erotic art. Not a whole lot else.

people like you are the problem. you assume the government is begin and is acting in your best interest. every freedom and right you give up now for "security" against the latest boogieman is one that will never come back. Then once you are comfortable with these, more will go away.

I'm assuming the government will find me as uninteresting as everyone else does. It's been working out great so far.

You seem like one of those people who doesn't yet realize that the U.S. government has complete and utter control (if they choose to seize it) simply because they have the world's most powerful military at their disposal. Even if there were no Patriot Act, they could change the rules in a single day, for no reason at all. Might still makes right; we just like to dress it up first. But at the end of the day, Patriot Act or no, we are at the mercy of the man with the gun, regardless of our personal wishes.

having been a part of the world's most powerful military for 20 years, I feel confident that the majority of them would not turn on the American people when given an unlawful order to do so. We take an oath to defend the Constitution, against all enemies.

no, it really is not. It is a bit ignorant to think that those in the military are mindless sheep that will act like robots. One of the first things we are taught in boot camp is not to follow unlawful orders.

I'm sure with a little creative problem-solving, they can turn an unlawful order into a "lawful" one. Hell, even I could probably figure something out, and there are people a lot smarter than me pulling the strings (one would hope, at least).

We wish terrorism didn't work but unfortunately terrorism seems to work every time it's tried. Terrorist acts often result in a fear filled society, out of control media that takes advantage of the situation, rules and regulations that make life harder and poorly written laws by partisan politicians who care only about public opinion promoted by the media and their own political future.

Last edited:
Oh please...

Still defending Saddam? After all these years?

Is there any enemy of America that Progs won't suck up to?

Defending Saddam? Who's doing anything of the kind. Pretty much everyone with a brain knows that invading Iraq was a HUGE mistake.

Now go back to sucking Putin's dick...or Sum Fat Kim's...or that asshole in China...or MBS in Saudi Arabia
Wow... TDS rears it's ugly head.

Throwing yourself on the floor and kicking your feet is entertaining.

What do you do next?

Liberals are a lot more respectful to Muslims since 9/11, it's like the worse Muslims behave, the more liberals want to be their friends.

While they are claiming that others are fearful, it's themselves, as usual, who are actually the fearful. Muslim terrorism has got them by the balls, shivering in fear to criticize Islam.

All Muslim countries are ruled by US or British installed and armed dictatorships, and you want to all Muslims terrorists?
They obviously are freedom fighters, that we should stop invading, murdering, and taking over.
The main reason we do this is just to steal their oil. We should stop stealing oil, and get out of the Mideast entirely.

If you had served in the military and actually become aquainted with them instead of letting the Left define them for you, you probably wouldn't have such a Jane Fonda view of them.

These are young people that have taken on more responsibility by the time they are 23 than most people ever take on.

Pull your head out and think for yourself.

While they are claiming that others are fearful, it's themselves, as usual, who are actually the fearful. Muslim terrorism has got them by the balls, shivering in fear to criticize Islam.

Take Charlie Hebdo for instance.

I think it all started with The Satanic Verses. The author had a Fatwah placed on him.

Have you ever read the "Satanic Verses" by Salmon Rushdie?
It is made up dialog where Rushdie pretends Mohammad is a sexually obsessed pedophile.
How would you react if someone wrote a book like that about Jesus or Abraham Lincoln?

People who write material intended to incite violence and murder against innocent people, should be arrested or killed.

Does terrorism actually work? Of course it does.

Just look how a fictitious people called "Palestinian" who were only invented 50 years ago are now the recipient of more aid per capita than any other group in the world thanks to their relentless terrorism of Jews.
It also helped create the state of Israel.

Correct.
People conveniently forget about Menachim Begin being the King David Hotel bomber, and things like the Massacre of Dier Yassin by IDF.

If you had served in the military and actually become aquainted with them instead of letting the Left define them for you, you probably wouldn't have such a Jane Fonda view of them.

These are young people that have taken on more responsibility by the time they are 23 than most people ever take on.

Well-meaning people can be deceived. It's not as though we haven't been suckered into illegitimate conflicts before.

Oh please...

Still defending Saddam? After all these years?

Is there any enemy of America that Progs won't suck up to?

Defending Saddam? Who's doing anything of the kind. Pretty much everyone with a brain knows that invading Iraq was a HUGE mistake.

Now go back to sucking Putin's dick...or Sum Fat Kim's...or that asshole in China...or MBS in Saudi Arabia
Wow... TDS rears it's ugly head.

Throwing yourself on the floor and kicking your feet is entertaining.

What do you do next?

Well it is true that Saddam was totally innocent.
Even the claim he was invading Kuwait was a lie, because he clearly had every legal right to address the crimes Kuwait was committing.
And there were several investigations by the US after the invasion of Iraq, by Keys and Deufler, all of which admitted there were no WMD after all.
Sure Saddam had used chemical weapons in the war with Iran, but those were given to him by the US, and were all used up by 1988.

Yes, terrorism works. It always succeeds in causing government to grow, and allow politicians to have an excuse to trample our rights. The Patriot Act, and the Department of Homeland Security are two huge examples supported by BOTH PARTIES.

Well-meaning people can be deceived. It's not as though we haven't been suckered into illegitimate conflicts before.

Exactly.
We have not been attacked since 1812, (not one foot on US soil), and yet most of our federal budget and all of our national debt is over squashing any independence movements in the world, and we call it "defense".
After Spanish Am War, WWI, Korea, Vietnam, Iran(1953), Chile, Panama, Grenada, Nicaragua, Honduras, Argentina, Brazil, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Egypt, etc., who could possibly not see that the military is being used for illegal aggression?

Take Charlie Hebdo for instance.

I think it all started with The Satanic Verses. The author had a Fatwah placed on him.

Have you ever read the "Satanic Verses" by Salmon Rushdie?
It is made up dialog where Rushdie pretends Mohammad is a sexually obsessed pedophile.
How would you react if someone wrote a book like that about Jesus or Abraham Lincoln?

People who write material intended to incite violence and murder against innocent people, should be arrested or killed.

No analogy. Sorry; no can do.

Jesus is often sent up. Usually by British satirists.

Yes, terrorism works. It always succeeds in causing government to grow, and allow politicians to have an excuse to trample our rights. The Patriot Act, and the Department of Homeland Security are two huge examples supported by BOTH PARTIES.

How has that benefited terrorist organizations?

Does terrorism actually work? Of course it does.

Just look how a fictitious people called "Palestinian" who were only invented 50 years ago are now the recipient of more aid per capita than any other group in the world thanks to their relentless terrorism of Jews.

That is a lie.
First of all, the word Palestine was used to describe the region going back at least 4000 years, way before the Hebrew invasion.
Palestine referred mostly to the coastal area of the Land of Canaan, and mostly the Phoenicians and Philistines.
But current Palestine is 12 million Canaanites, Akkadians, Chaldeans, Amorites, Urites, etc., who always lived there, never left, and are the only legal land owners.
Palestine was promised independence for their help against the Ottoman Empire, and their independence was made law in 1920, by the Treaty of Sevres.

The Israelis are illegally beyond the 1949 UNR 181 that established Israel, so deserve all the terrorism one can apply until they leave Jerusalem, the West Bank, and any other territory they now occupy illegally.
The Israeli occupation is just as bad as Hitler occupying France, and deserves the same resistance with violent force.

So, do tell me terrorist boy child -- if there were a "Palestinian" people before they were invented in the 20th century, who were their leaders through history?

And yet they do follow unlawful orders.
For example, when Gen. Barry McCaffrey cut off and massacred the Iraqi forces retreating from Kuwait under a negotiated white flag withdraw.
Waterboarding has a history of being prosecuted by the US military in the Philippine Rebellion of 1911, and yet we were doing it recently in Guantanamo.
Drones have a rate of innocent collateral damage of about 10 to 1, and clearly are illegal.
Cluster bombs are well known to be illegal booby traps against civilians, but we still drop them.
Even the whole invasion of Iraq was against US law since Congress ratified the UN charter.
The only legal use of force is in defense, if we are attacked first, or if the UN votes for the use of force.
Neither happened.
Any soldier should know at least those basics of US law.
But they don't seem to know or care?

The media can turn a murderous act by a maniac into the perception of terrorism and the media can likewise turn a genuine terrorist into something that resembles a folk hero. Case in point Bill Ayers who terrorized Americans for nearly a decade while his gang bombed corporate headquarters and recruiting stations. The last bomb they made was intended for a Ft. Dix dance but went off prematurely and resulted in the deaths of four gang members. That made Ayers guilty of four felony murders as well as federal charges as long as your arm but he found a friendly judge who blamed the FBI for "illegal surveillance" and he never did a day in jail. To add insult to injury he is a mover and shaker in democrat politics and a friend of the former president.

Terrorism is not about benefiting terrorist organizations, it is about getting the target to change their way of life.

By the US over reacting to legitimate independence fighters, we have appeared even more monstrous and evil.
That has recruited far more people to join into movements against us, like ISIS.

Forum List

Back