Does terrorism ever actually work?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John Shaw, Mar 15, 2019.

1. John Shaw

John Shaw Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,908
    I'm sitting here thinking about it, and I'm wondering, has terrorism ever actually achieved the desired effect that the terrorist intended?

Instead of causing fear, Islamic terrorist attacks usually cause people to band together like 9/11. They actually create courage, not fear. Yes, there will be more security than before, but people are still going to visit the Christmas markets in Berlin. That won't change.

Now let's look at this new guy. Does he really think Muslims are going to stop moving around the world because of his actions? It will ultimately be pointless because, in my opinion, TERRORISM IS NOT EFFECTIVE. Why people keep trying to make it work, I can't understand. Maybe it is just a narcissism thing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Blackrook

Blackrook Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,825
    Liberals are a lot more respectful to Muslims since 9/11, it's like the worse Muslims behave, the more liberals want to be their friends.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,669
    Nuking Japan worked on a couple levels so ridiculous violence does work.

If the terrorists just wanted to change our way of living, make us spend tons of money for security and give up rights to the Patriot Act types, they won.

If they wanted to get their beef in the news, they accomplished that.

If they want to wipe Israel off the Earth, not yet.

4. impuretrash

impuretrash Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,885
    The NZ shooter's manifesto made his intentions pretty clear. He understands the game and accurately predicted the media reaction. So I guess you could say it was a success. And yeah, if I was a muslim I'd think twice about squatting in New Zealand now.

5. Dogmaphobe

Dogmaphobe Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,594
    Does terrorism actually work? Of course it does.

Just look how a fictitious people called "Palestinian" who were only invented 50 years ago are now the recipient of more aid per capita than any other group in the world thanks to their relentless terrorism of Jews.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. shockedcanadian

shockedcanadian Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,915

If it's intended goal is to change your life and push for more restrictions on your freedom and way of life, yes it works.

9/11 caused more harm and destruction to those who attacked America. Yet, which society was impacted most? Western civilization in my opinion.

I always disliked people saying "don't let the terrorists win! Go about your life, do what you normally do, spend money in the economy!" etc. Yet, many of these same clowns want to have cameras at every corner and the freedom to just enter your home at will, a la the Gestapo. Canada has been stuck in such a system for a century, at great social failure, and some in America wanted you to adopt it.

Terror wins when you let them win. I'm starting to see how this creates division within a society, and one has to ask just how far might a foreign state go to sponsor this stuff in the shadows, in order to harm America in particular?

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  7. Issa

Issa Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,653
    5hose who committed 9/11 are terrorists...they dont represent the 8 million muslims in the US...just like Timothy McVeigh doesnt represent all white Christians. Got it ?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,325

wrong-----terrorism is very effective-------It not only accounts for the spread of islam----
    it even galvanized the spread of Christianity. -------also communism and Nazism -----
    and to a very minor degree-----believe it or not----Buddhism

9. Blackrook

Blackrook Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,825
    Terrorists create the fear.

Then the so-called "moderate" Muslims show up and say, hey, we can be reasonable. Let's talk. Let's cut a deal.

People are so grateful to meet "moderate" Muslims, they don't notice that these guys are radical Jew-hating extremist assholes who beat their wives with a stick no thicker than their thumb.

10. John Shaw

John Shaw Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,908
    Except our lives haven't really changed that much. More security? Big fucking deal. I still do all the same shit I would've done anyway.